Quantcast

monday gmt

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
wow 7 am and still no gmt you guys are slacking:D. any way up earily for work today then heading back home for a few day to do some riding and school stuff, but mostly riding. be safe out there monkeys:thumb:.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hidee ho, monkeybutts! Another fun weekend that goes by way too fast. Super-technical MTB ride on Saturday that beat the crap out of me, followed by a very hill 54 mile charity road ride yesterday that beat the crap out of me. In both cases, good times. I feel surprisingly good this morning.

I decided to "upgrade" my half marathon registration to the full marathon. I got me some work to do in the next seven weeks!

5 day work week. BLAH. Feels like I haven't had one in a while.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Installed a new bathroom vent over the weekend, just have to make the hole in the ceiling smaller.

BigT isn't feeling well today, she says her gall bladder is acting up and may go to the emergency room instead of work. I'm going to RI for the day to find out why one of our units has gone silent.

Be safe out there.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Made pizza from scratch Friday night. Thin crust deep dish, prosciutto, spinach, basil and red pepper. Went to bed at 9....lame.

Saturday washed and maintained all our bikes, took all morning. Went to a friends place north of Stockholm for a "civilized" dinner party. After dinner the party moved into the grarage and I accidentaly started hitting snaps shots with a Greek friend and some older Swedish woman. I remember somebody talking about bringing balance back into her life and promptly fell down. It was like that. A bunch of 30-50 somethings from 8 countries trying to drink and communicate. I got "cab ride drunk".

Woke up Sunday and felt OK. The wife got up and went back to bed without saying a word, she must have been "double cab ride drunk". Hung out at a park/zoo and made Indian food for dinner.

Monday.......:disgust:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Chuffed because I did the single biggest dirt jump I have ever landed yesterday. I was looking at the jump and figured if I went really fast off the side, I could land on this other slope. Did it and everyone was like :o

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Freakin women in this department...I just got called over to one of their desks (loudly, I might add) only to find out that the issue was a large spider on her desk. :rolleyes: They wanted me to kill it. I refused.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Three of the kiddos started school today...two more days for the other, then summer is over. Hopefully the weather gets the message, and it cools down a bit.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Last day without the family. They have been in Denmark for almost a month and I will pick them up tomorrow. Strange to live a life on my own again for so long. You all off a sudden have so much time on your hands. Amazing without trying how much work you can get done. Got some small home improvements projects done that I have wanted to do for so long and of course a good amount of riding. Still feeling sore after Saturdays 115 miles and 6200 ft of elevation gain.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Began the weekend with a good Friday night ride...I had a classic, slow-motion over the bars and the guys were all impressed with my grace (and the fact that I tried really hard to ride it out while laughing). Had some great T-storms yesterday and now it's really breezy and cool so I will gladly take a nice mountain bike ride to celebrate my birthday :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Freakin' hurricane may be causing us grief trying to leave for Peru on Friday. Oh well, we have a rental car reserved as a contingency, I would just hate having to drive 14 hours to Miami to catch our flight. That would be teh suck.

That said, we are leaving for Peru this week! :monkeydance:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Took a Cicada to the eyeball on a ride yesterday. Eye is all red itchy and swollen. Heading to the docs to make sure nothing is infected.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
watching video of the parking lot brawls taking place at the raiders/49ers game.... a bunch of white trash walruses going at it.

stay classy california.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We did the 9 mile hike to Alamere Falls yesterday afternoon. Definitely worth the hike, but bring a swimsuit and towel to take a dive in Bass Lake. Navigating the decomposing shale to get from the upper falls to the beach was a bit exciting. It is always interesting watching a large number of inexperienced rock scampers trying to negotiate large steps on decomposing rock.
We also freed a seagull hooked on a long-line that had become embedded in the ground at the falls. We had to use our car key to cut the heavy fishing line which is a good reason to carry a pocket knife when hiking. We last saw him flying South, so hopefully he's okay.

Upper Falls:

Lower Falls:

Drop to the beach:

Decomposing rock trail: There is a 6ft straight drop onto off-camber loose shale/slate at the back-up point mid-way in the picture. I'm shocked that nobody fell down the cliff while we were there.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Morning all.

Got some cold laser done on my back this weekend and I am blown away on how much better I feel. The last 2 days since the treatment have been the best it has felt since the injury. HUGE improvements overnight. Pretty crazy that it actually works. Most of the bruising is going away as well.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
cold laser
"Another mechanism may be related to stimulation of mitochondrion to increase the production of adenosine triphosphate resulting in an increase in reactive oxygen species, which influences redox signalling, affecting intracellular homeostasis or the proliferation of cells"

I start reading up and the first thing I think is "That hippie asshole with the mitochondria obsession (edit: on Dual Survival) would love this, if it was smokables instead of a laser."

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
"Another mechanism may be related to stimulation of mitochondrion to increase the production of adenosine triphosphate resulting in an increase in reactive oxygen species, which influences redox signalling, affecting intracellular homeostasis or the proliferation of cells"
:confused:

Thanks for making me feel stupid.