Quantcast

Monday GMT

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Wake up FFS.
:stupid: Eff.

Happy MONDAY morning, imo. Wife and I survived Hurricane Weekend, and actually managed to get a lot of stuff done around the house. Quo Fan came over and taught us how to beat people up.

Acorns are starting to litter the streets and leaves are beginning to turn. The best time of year has begun. What a beautiful morning it is.

Four day weekend at Kingdom Trails lies ahead. This work week is going to drag.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
4 Days at Kingdom? Nice.

Did a 7 hour trail ride Friday. Had a couple beers after and passed the fvck out by about 9. Spent Saturday at Platty. Turns out it's harder riding DH on a 5" travel trail bike with single ply tires than it is on a real DH bike. Still had an awesome awesome time. :thumb:

Flying back to CA in a few hours. :twitch:

Edit: pics from the trail ride. Click to make bigger.

It doesn't look like it but I'm actually dropping down over that dip in the rock, not just rolling down the flat bit behind it.

Moar steepz.

Last edited:

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
You're cheating, it's not even morning where you are is it? :rofl:
I just ate lunch and I need a coffee....hold on a minute......

It was a great weekend.

Friday I got home and the youngest daughter was ready, with Cykloteked sale flyer in hand, she knew the mountain bike she wanted was on sale. The shop was packed, it took an hour for our cue number to come up. We paid up, walked out with a Scott YZ30, and I had to hold her old bike while riding mine on the way home (3 miles). We ate leftovers, the wife and I had a beer and went to bed.....lame.

Saturday I wake up, the daughter was awake, dressed, helmet on, ready. I threw in some strawberry yogurt and museli and we left for some local greenspace trails. We spent about 3 hours out on the bikes, with about 1 hour of ride time (according to my computer). Quite a bit of time stopped, showing her how to tackle trail obstacles and letting her master said obstacle. She did absolutely great, agressive and fluid, she got it. Rode to a man made 70 meter ski hill and climbed it, she stopped once, found her legs and started pedaling again. At the top she said "I can see why you do this now". Awesome.

Sunday was pretty chill. I fixed stuff around the house.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

All I'm going to say about the self defense class I taught over the weekend is that if IAB ever gets into a fight, he is going to get his but kicked but good. I hope MBC is there to protect him. :D

No trees down over the weekend, I folded up the patio furniture, and that was it. My neighbors tied their grills to their decks, I didn't waste my time.

I get to go in really late today, and then travel to RI for the foreseeable future.

Be safe out there.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

As of right now we remain untouched by Irene in CO. Peddling home yesterday had the absolute beejebus scared out of me by someone driving by with a big dog that apparently had never seen a person on a bike before. Thank the FSM the dog was too big to actually fit through the window. I've had people honk, kids scream, etc but for some reason that dog going batsh1t really startled me. :twitch:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Good morning everybody!

Had a good ride Saturday morning, spent the rest of the weekend running errands and doing some life organization. Big thanks to the hurricane (tropical storm) for the crappy weather and killing my desire to go outside. Picked up some trekking poles at REI and went to EMS with the intention of getting a pair of watershoes but ended up walking out with some pants, a jacket, and a bathing suit. Damn you self restraint!

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Got a decent ride in this weekend, even some digging, but holy crap it was hot with the humidity kicked off the hurricane.

Pic I took of my friend:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Had a great high country ride Saturday - Flagline is open finally with just 4 sections of snow hiking. I LOVE that downhill.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Nice riding shots. Despite being inside we had a fun weekend. With good food, friends, cooking, beer and just having fun with the kids. Sucks to be at work though on a beautiful day today.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Got power back last night, now get to play lumberjack for a few days, lots of big trees down on the property.

At least I don't need to water for a while...

Is it me, or does NYC always act like attention whores during the slightest little crisis these days?

Earthquake earlier in the week that barely rumbled like a UPS truck for them, while further south it was an actual earthquake, and then the panic/hysteria over what amounted to an organized thundershower by the time it got to them.

Sheez, wusses.

splat

Nam I am
we are at 24 Hours with out power.

tree fell across the power lines at top of street.

at least I can get out , most of my neighbors can't due to the tree blocking the street.

had a Good hurricane ride yesterday morning although at time it seam more like we needed kayaks more then bikes.

it was funny ,doing a XC ride , yet we all were wearing all our downhill gear, smokin Joe was even running with Studded tires! which made a difference on the slick as Snail not rocks and roots.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
'Morning!

Husband suprised me with a day off for riding and concert in the evening--The Band Perr--tomorrow! What a great guy! Then next week we are Whistler bound on Thursday! CAN'T WAIT!

Question... he bought me the EVO pressure suit for my bday in July, but it doesn't quite fit. The shoulder pads hang over the edge of my shoulders, which constricts my arm motion. So he got it on some sale online and couldn't return it by the time I tried it on. What do I do? Suck it up and ride with too big armor? Try to sell it on ebay and put the money towards armor that I know fits? (Alpine star's XS fits me perfect, but is probably twice the cost of the one I have).

It's this one, last year's model I think:

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Great weekend with my brother visiting from Boston

Hiked Bierstadt Saturday

Rock climbed all morning Sunday

Then went America all over the place Sunday afternoon

With a whole lot of boozin inbetween.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Sold the DH bike yesterday and was consumed with sadness all day. I invited a good friend over and we watched Metropolis until 1am, while I knocked back a couple of Hennessy and rootbeers to numb the pain.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Re-fi'd the house to a 15yr @ 3.3%.
Drank Hop Devils and hunted Euros on Battlefield 2 while riding out the storm.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Flew to San Diego this weekend, surfed with the wife and snorkeled at the cove. Weather was pretty brutal- not a single cloud in the sky to protect me from a sunburn and the water was so warm I couldn't even wear my wetsuit... rough.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Flew to San Diego this weekend, surfed with the wife and snorkeled at the cove. Weather was pretty brutal- not a single cloud in the sky to protect me from a sunburn and the water was so warm I couldn't even wear my wetsuit... rough.
woe is you. :D

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
www.whitewhine.com

Shouldn't that be snorkeled the wife and surfed the cove? :D

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
'Morning!
What do I do? Suck it up and ride with too big armor? Try to sell it on ebay and put the money towards armor that I know fits? (Alpine star's XS fits me perfect, but is probably twice the cost of the one I have).

It's this one, last year's model I think:
Annoying armor is annoying. Sack up and get stuff that fits. It'll last you a long time and you'll get your money's worth. I'm sure someone will buy your old gear. It's practically new afterall...