Quantcast

~~~Monday GMT~~~

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Another day of hating my boss. Usefull resource allocation - write that thing we already have in ppt and excel formats but with less info in word. Seriously? Throw the useless crap away and my work hours could be cut in half.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MONDAY. Attack it.

10 year anniversary today of my current employment stint. And they were concerned about my three jobs in five years prior to hiring me. HA! Joke's on them?

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
MONDAY. Attack it.

10 year anniversary today of my current employment stint. And they were concerned about my three jobs in five years prior to hiring me. HA! Joke's on them?
Who do you work for? 10 years is a loong time, the jurb must be really good to keep you that long.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.
I rode all weekend; mountains on Sat, road yesterday.

Congrats IAB; 5 weeks of vacation sounds nice. We get two, and a third at ten years. You have it good.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I work for a hospital network. The benefits are too good at this job to walk away from. 5 weeks of vacation! Plus 11 company holidays.
Not bad though I think it's the minimum in some yurpean countries. One of the reasons France sounds good. Though I still belive as long as I have no financial obligations I'd rather be Freelancing.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Should be an interesting week.... Wed wife and kids leave for Florida with her friend. I'm flying down Saturday for a few days. This week at work our new office renovation is underway so there will be a lot of distractions with that. All in all should make for a quick week.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Happy Monday! The weather was miserable this weekend. 30s/40s and raining. Rode both days, regardless, and it wasn't too bad. Luckily one of the local trail systems is pretty much all rock and sand, so it doesn't get muddy when it rains.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
You guys make me feel young. Right now staying 10 years at one company seems worse than watching Batman and Robin on PCP.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
You guys make me feel young. Right now staying 10 years at one company seems worse than watching Batman and Robin on PCP.
I'm not that old yet, I'm only 31. I got my job right after college just to pay the bills and I've been here ever since. I've obviously moved up several positions since I've been here.

It's definitely not my first choice in jobs but they keep paying me so I keep showing up :D

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
10 years at the same job these days is quit impressive. April 4th will be my sixth years at the same job.. .the funny part is that its a contract job that was supposed to last 6 months...

Today, installing crown moldings in the kitchen... I despise that.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I'm not that old yet, I'm only 31. I got my job right after college just to pay the bills and I've been here ever since. I've obviously moved up several positions since I've been here.

It's definitely not my first choice in jobs but they keep paying me so I keep showing up :D
I'm 25. Worked freelance up untill I was 24. Did half a year of regular job, quit it in 3 days. Back to freelance. Though I don't have to pay rent since my parents invested in some real estate before price the price boom here. I just get bored quickly and want to progress fast. I really like my mobility because it means great opportunities. Though if my freelance employer wanted to hire me full time and if the aquisition manager position was free staying there 10 years wouldn't be a problem too ;)

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I have a serious case of "senior-itis" this week. I submitted my resignation last week and Thursday is my last day at this job. I'm not that guy who just drops everything normally, and this is no different, I'm still getting my work done but I've got NO motivation.

In other news, I registered this weekend for the CT MS Bike ride in June, picked up a new frame for my Jeep project yesterday, and generally just had a nice calm weekend.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I have a serious case of "senior-itis" this week. I submitted my resignation last week and Thursday is my last day at this job. I'm not that guy who just drops everything normally, and this is no different, I'm still getting my work done but I've got NO motivation.

In other news, I registered this weekend for the CT MS Bike ride in June, picked up a new frame for my Jeep project yesterday, and generally just had a nice calm weekend.
It's not senioritis. I have the same with my ****ty internship. I think 4 months is enough but I got a better offer and there are no promotion chances.
Imho you should look for the best and most interesting job possible, even if it pays less. As long as you are not starving working for something you lack motivation will only make you a crappy employee. Like I am now at my internship. All I think about is my movie freelance jurb that I do in the evenings. Well that and the sleep I miss.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
It's not senioritis. I have the same with my ****ty internship. I think 4 months is enough but I got a better offer and there are no promotion chances.
Imho you should look for the best and most interesting job possible, even if it pays less. As long as you are not starving working for something you lack motivation will only make you a crappy employee. Like I am now at my internship. All I think about is my movie freelance jurb that I do in the evenings. Well that and the sleep I miss.
The kicker is, I'm going back to the job I held prior to this one, with a 30% increase in salary, more vacation time and a higher bonus %. I loved the job and the people I was working with who are mostly still there, I left because of an in-sourcing plan gone bad. I had previously been employed by another Co. doing IT stuff for these guys, that company was sold and the one we were working for bought out their contract and brought IT back in house. They messed with people's salaries enough that close to 30% jumped ship at the time, including me. They recently had an opening again and the team manager called me asking if I wanted to go back. We talked over a few beers and a hockey game, wrapped up with HR the next week and here I go again.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
in 2 weeks, I'll hit the 1 year mark at my current job!

Saturday, did a 5K race (its been 5-6 years since the last time I did one) and destroyed my PR time by almost 2 minutes...not bad for an old guy with a bunch of screws in his ankle.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
It's not like you can't change it if it stinks again. IT is a great career if you want mobility. If only I didn't hate programing.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning monkeys, I was just informed that The doctor needs to reschedule my appointment this morning. Now I am pissed cause I would have drank all night last night instead of stopping for a fast.
Damn it, I'm getting breakfast now

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon monkeys. I need a nap! Baby was kicking up a storm on the plane ride back from CA so I didn't get much sleep. Oh well, dinner, hot tub and bed is what's left on the agenda for tonight so I think I'll make it :)