Quantcast

~~~Monday GMT~~~

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Ugh. On my way to America's Trailer Park. A week of meetings and rain in the penis of America. (Jacksonville, FL)

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Hooray for Monday! I get to go videotape a building in the rain today. But at least I'm out of the office.

Saturday, we planned to do a mountain bike ride early, but the rain all Friday night cancelled that. Sunday we did a beer trail ride in Granby. Free beer mid-ride. How could that be bad?

Be safe out there.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Monday and so do I! I had a great weekend. Every weekend should be like that...nothing but playtime and eating. I managed 13.3 miles of running and 95 miles of road riding (about 7000' of climbing). Quality time spent with wife and friends. Working sucks.

MBC picked up a Motorola Motoactv. Way too cool a toy!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

This is week #2 of sitting around home with the wife and taking care of our new little one. I'm starting to get really freakin bored. I need to go ride one of my bikes or something before I go crazy.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Got a promotion today (or I think it is a promotion). Will be working 3 days in the office but still a very mobile job, the boss is very cool. It is a good day.
Now I have to finish translating a bike movie about a local crew without thinking how stupid I look in it after 14 h workday.
Tommorow I build my roadbike.

@Iceball does he require your full atention and being within 5 m of him? If not build a pumptrack in the backyard ;)

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Ran 8 miles yesterday morning then 10.5 hours of OT working for The Man so I'm not doing jack sh*t today. Gonna be another hot one (we tied a record yesterday at 100) and the wind is supposed to pick up again which may mean bad things for the fire.

Yesterday's Sit Report read in part "Crown fires with long distance spotting". Today's:
Waldo Canyon, Pike and San Isabel NF. IMT 1 (Harvey). Three miles west of Colorado Springs, CO. Timber, hardwood slash and brush. Several communities, municipal watersheds and the U.S. Air Force Academy threatened. No further information received.
Looking west from the hangar yesterday:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Pool is 100% clean and balanced. 2/3 bikes listed for sale. 1/2 way through de-modding my Jeep to bring it back to stock form to sell/trade. Possibly going golfing with polandspring88 tomorrow.

I'm super motivated lately.

Last edited:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Happy Monday. Big ride weekend. Woot woot. Perfectly tacky trails! I got hailed and snowed on Saturday but it made the riding AWESOME. Then Sunday I went and got me some more singletrack. Hot damn riding is good right now.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Yea, let's do it! It'd be even more fun in the rain. Btw, I'll give you tree fiddy for your jeep. And the bikes.
I'm hoping it's semi-crappy out so there's noone else there to LOL at me.

PS - you need any Thule stuff? I have a fairing, those strap-style loadbar mounts (that mount to factory side rails) and a ton of locking cylinders. I'll give you a special price.

BUFFALO

Vigorous Giver of Reputation
Feb 11, 2005
Renton, wa
Morning.
I did absolutely nothing all weekend. And Skibunny is not too pleased with me! Sorry again dear. It was just one those weekends when you don't want to do anything.
However we did end up going for our helicopter ride for my birthday/fathers day present! And that was awesome! We flew over downtown Seattle and the surrounding area! It was really cool and I'm stoked I finally got to go up in one!
We took some pictures but they turned out kind of crappy.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Rode both days this weekend.

I can't believe how much I've leant toward ridIng my trail bike versus my downhill bike.
I still have every intention of hitting the DH as much as I can, but I'm actually more competent on the trails now that I've put in more saddle time pedaling up.

I cleaned some climbs yesterday I was proclaiming "I'll never make it up this bastard" as I was cleaning it. Quite satisfying.

Now I just need to learn to ride clipless... Maybe.

STIFF today.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Morning.
I did absolutely nothing all weekend. And Skibunny is not too pleased with me! Sorry again dear. It was just one those weekends when you don't want to do anything.
However we did end up going for our helicopter ride for my birthday/fathers day present! And that was awesome! We flew over downtown Seattle and the surrounding area! It was really cool and I'm stoked I finally got to go up in one!
We took some pictures but they turned out kind of crappy.
Yes, you did cause :banghead: by Sunday afternoon, slacker!!! :D

I cleaned all weekend, house is looking mucho bettaaarrrrrr!!! Just a few more things to get done before the weekend. We have most of the week off next week, lucky Buffalo gets to replace the roof of the cabin with his dad and bros ;). I get to lounge in the sun with mommy-in-law and sista-in-law and watch the kids. Whoop! Stoked! Let's go!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
cool snap

are the slurry bombers in full force yet?
I dunno, @ home today.

According to teh Gazette:
12:27 p.m.
Two C130s are taxiing on the runway now. The two, which are with the 302nd Airlift Wing, were called to load up retardant in Pueblo in anticipation of fighting the Waldo Canyon fire. The order came after two C130s arrived from Wyoming. After the aircraft take off from the Colorado Springs Airport, they can at be the fire within an hour. The aircraft are loading retardant in Pueblo because the mixing stations at Peterson Air Force Base are not yet operational. It’s expected to take about 10 minutes to load retardant.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
No time for complete sentences...customer service sucks...found a place to live in Lafayette, CO...can't send money for deposit/rents because customer service still sucks...ran out of scotch...only 35 days left in my European life...selling stuff to a Hungarian...The IT schmucks at my company, are, well, schmucks...Going to Finland on Sunday, I think...my dog is 100cm long...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Good day.
:stupid:

Glad to hear it, Nick. Do you have A/C?

Weekend recap: Back from an awesome weekend of racing bikes. I used less brakes, moar better turning, and decent fitness to take 19 seconds off last years DH time. My girlfriend finished a strong 40-mile (!!!) XC race on Saturday and followed it up with a 2nd place finish in DH on Sunday. Both were her first mountain bike races ever.

Side note... Why is it I do not own the URL epicgrilledcheese.com ?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
No time for complete sentences...customer service sucks...found a place to live in Lafayette, CO...can't send money for deposit/rents because customer service still sucks...ran out of scotch...only 35 days left in my European life...selling stuff to a Hungarian...The IT schmucks at my company, are, well, schmucks...Going to Finland on Sunday, I think...my dog is 100cm long...
Lafayette? WTF? Why didn't you just get a place in Cheyenne??

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
:stupid:

Glad to hear it, Nick. Do you have A/C?

Weekend recap: Back from an awesome weekend of racing bikes. I used less brakes, moar better turning, and decent fitness to take 19 seconds off last years DH time. My girlfriend finished a strong 40-mile (!!!) XC race on Saturday and followed it up with a 2nd place finish in DH on Sunday. Both were her first mountain bike races ever.

Side note... Why is it I do not own the URL epicgrilledcheese.com ?
Ohhhhh... *G*rilledcheese.com...

Makes way more sense now.

;)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I installed greenhouse covers over my gardens this weekend. They are low, only about 3ft though. I miscalculated the diameter, as I was using the radius of a perfect circle. Unfortunately, they are all somewhat oblong. I was hoping for 4ft hoops, but I'll take what I've got. I've got about 40-50# anchoring them against the wind, so it's hopefully sufficient.

I am planning to get a drip sprinkler setup installed in them too. I just need to figure out where the sprinkler pump originates to get that setup.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
FT: 10-4 on the A/C
(nice work on the race)
Since I didn't see your response until today, I couldn't invite myself over to your place last night. As such, the girl and I ended up going to Best Buy, Whole Foods, Tokyo Joe's, and then getting frozen yogurt to stay outta the heat. Bahstid.

(Thanks. I'm pretty stoked.)