Quantcast

~~~Monday GMT~~~

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Well my wife, my son and I all came down with colds this weekend. I'm taking a sick day today but the wife still has to go work. I'm guessing today will be spent catching up on my Netflix instant que and wasting time on teh :monkey:.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Went to Venetian Snares concert yesterday. It was the best concert in years. A bit of an aural rape but in a good sense. There was blood, unconscious people and overal awesomeness. Too bad it ended at 1.30am 300km from my work. Got here at 9am with no sleep only to learn I need to spend 3h watching and checking the dubbing on our movie which I've seen 5 times to later quickly go home, dress up and guide VIP's to their seats in our national theater because apparently people are too stupid to read their tickets. All ends around 8-9pm. 36h without sleep and it's going to be a long day. Also I hate suits. Still the concert was worth it.

Also more crazy ppl who want invites. Though it does feel nice to deny invites to celebrities who are known only because they are celebrities and need to show their stupid face on another event.

Last edited:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Back at the grind today... *sigh* *desk jobs* Had SO much fun at BiketoberFest yesterday... especially after I got the hang of the super dry runs. Was loving learning to drift yesterday out of necessity! It ruled. Let's ditch work and go back, k? ;)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

HAB came up on Saturday on his way to Seattle in his M3. I told him there was a fun road out and back from my place he could run it through it's paces. Just before he showed up, my buddy came by in his C6, so we all went for a drive.

On the way out with me leading, I got stuck behind a minivan and boy did that suck all the way into town. But after seeing the road, I offered Joe the lead and jumped in behind him with HAB behind me. I was right behind Joe until about 3 good corners in. With 30% more HP than me, I watched him pull away exiting each corner. About half way home I finally caught up on a straight, but I couldn't see HAB anymore. Just before town, Joe finally hit traffic with an X3 that knew better. He pulled over, let me and Joe pass, then pulled out in front of HAB. :rofl: HAB quickly passed and was right behind me the rest of the way.

HWY 219 from Scholls to Newberg is only 16 miles round trip, but has a good mix of 25/30 corners with elevation change and some good sweeping corners with good line of sight. Joe managed to take a pic of his HUD showing 57 with the 25 sign as he entered the corner.

It was cool to meet another monkey and show him a little of downtown Portland. Maybe next time he will ether bring a bike or not have all his worldly possessions crammed in his car to lighten it up a bit. :D

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
orthopedic company. was the job I interviewed for earlier in the year and a week later was told they were on a hiring freeze
HBD fool! Dont let stupid work get ya down!

Went out to Pacifica because I was bored yesterday. I love that place. Always makes me wish I could move there.

View attachment 112314

First time riding boyscout in a few years and DAYUM did they build some big features. That lander is a few inches taller than me. I put my helmet down for reference.

View attachment 112315

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Morning Monkeys.

HAB came up on Saturday on his way to Seattle in his M3. I told him there was a fun road out and back from my place he could run it through it's paces. Just before he showed up, my buddy came by in his C6, so we all went for a drive.

On the way out with me leading, I got stuck behind a minivan and boy did that suck all the way into town. But after seeing the road, I offered Joe the lead and jumped in behind him with HAB behind me. I was right behind Joe until about 3 good corners in. With 30% more HP than me, I watched him pull away exiting each corner. About half way home I finally caught up on a straight, but I couldn't see HAB anymore. Just before town, Joe finally hit traffic with an X3 that knew better. He pulled over, let me and Joe pass, then pulled out in front of HAB. :rofl: HAB quickly passed and was right behind me the rest of the way.

HWY 219 from Scholls to Newberg is only 16 miles round trip, but has a good mix of 25/30 corners with elevation change and some good sweeping corners with good line of sight. Joe managed to take a pic of his HUD showing 57 with the 25 sign as he entered the corner.

It was cool to meet another monkey and show him a little of downtown Portland. Maybe next time he will ether bring a bike or not have all his worldly possessions crammed in his car to lighten it up a bit. :D
Yeah I was already spotting you guys quite a bit of power. That combined with the several hundred extra pounds of random **** in the car didn't make keeping up easy. :rofl:

Good times though. Cool meeting you, definitely need to meet up for a ride at some point.