Quantcast

~@~ Monday GMT ~@~

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Didn't get half as much stuff done around the house this weekend as I wanted to. Oh well, at least it was a relaxing weekend.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Oct 4: frame ordered, needs to be sent from UK. Told I'd hear from them for payment in 2-3 weeks when frame comes in

Oct 26ish: more than 3 weeks goes by, haven't heard from them. Call them asking where it is, told they will look into it and get back to me.

Oct 27ish: Call back after hearing nothing, only to hear they never actually ordered it from the UK

Oct 27ish-November 9ish: Frame is being taken out of bond in the UK and sent to the US. Supposedly. Told it should be in early the following week

November 12ish: (Monday) Called asking if the frame came in, was told they had confirmation it cleared customs and was on the way to them, should be to them by Wednesday.

November 14ish: Called, still no frame.

November 19ish: Called, still no frame.

November 23ish: Called, still no frame.

November 26: Finally got confirmation there was a frame in. Paid, frame shipped out, got a FedEx tracking number. Delivery date of 12/1.

December 1: All excited waiting for the frame to show up to build it that day. 7:30pm rolls around and still no frame. Tracking says delivered and left at front door. No frame. Called FedEx, delivered to wrong house. Can't contact driver until 12/3.

December 2: THE GOOD: Luckily, whichever neighbor of mine they delivered it to was nice enough to drop it off at my house. THE BAD: Open box. Frame is there, right size and color.....with no dropouts or hardware.

Jesusfvckingchrist. I needed to vent.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

Run, Forrest, Run!
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I banged out my 5K yesterday in 21:23, a personal best. That was good for a finish of 116 out of 2083 runners. Not too shabby.

Edit: Crabjoe, sounds like just another MTB frame purchase to me. What's the problem? :p

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Edit: Crabjoe, sounds like just another MTB frame purchase to me. What's the problem? :p
Well, it's especially shocking/disappointing to me coming from owning all Turners the past 5-6 years. Best example: A new replacement DHR frame on my door step in 3 days when I broke my out-of-warranty, second owner DHR frame.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
[303]
G'morning. Getting ready to head down to the garage and finish building my new DH bike. Then hopefully conning Nick into doing shuttle laps so I can figure out teh suspensions.

jonKranked

Press Button, Receive Stupid
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Let me just install lifts on all my local trails.

Or I could just buy a bunch of extra bikes so that I never use a DH part for climbing or a FR part for racing or a AM part for XC.
I carry separate shocks for climbing and descending.

At the top of a climb I will stop and change from my lycra to my skinsuit.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon.

CrabJoe -- that sucks :( If it's any consolation...I'm still waiting for UPS payment for breaking my new CX bike in the end of July.

BUSY here, but it does make the days go by faster.