Quantcast

~@~ Monday GMT ~@~

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Didn't get half as much stuff done around the house this weekend as I wanted to. Oh well, at least it was a relaxing weekend.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Oct 4: frame ordered, needs to be sent from UK. Told I'd hear from them for payment in 2-3 weeks when frame comes in

Oct 26ish: more than 3 weeks goes by, haven't heard from them. Call them asking where it is, told they will look into it and get back to me.

Oct 27ish: Call back after hearing nothing, only to hear they never actually ordered it from the UK

Oct 27ish-November 9ish: Frame is being taken out of bond in the UK and sent to the US. Supposedly. Told it should be in early the following week

November 12ish: (Monday) Called asking if the frame came in, was told they had confirmation it cleared customs and was on the way to them, should be to them by Wednesday.

November 14ish: Called, still no frame.

November 19ish: Called, still no frame.

November 23ish: Called, still no frame.

November 26: Finally got confirmation there was a frame in. Paid, frame shipped out, got a FedEx tracking number. Delivery date of 12/1.

December 1: All excited waiting for the frame to show up to build it that day. 7:30pm rolls around and still no frame. Tracking says delivered and left at front door. No frame. Called FedEx, delivered to wrong house. Can't contact driver until 12/3.

December 2: THE GOOD: Luckily, whichever neighbor of mine they delivered it to was nice enough to drop it off at my house. THE BAD: Open box. Frame is there, right size and color.....with no dropouts or hardware.

Jesusfvckingchrist. I needed to vent.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I banged out my 5K yesterday in 21:23, a personal best. That was good for a finish of 116 out of 2083 runners. Not too shabby.

Edit: Crabjoe, sounds like just another MTB frame purchase to me. What's the problem? :p

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Edit: Crabjoe, sounds like just another MTB frame purchase to me. What's the problem? :p
Well, it's especially shocking/disappointing to me coming from owning all Turners the past 5-6 years. Best example: A new replacement DHR frame on my door step in 3 days when I broke my out-of-warranty, second owner DHR frame.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
G'morning. Getting ready to head down to the garage and finish building my new DH bike. Then hopefully conning Nick into doing shuttle laps so I can figure out teh suspensions.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Let me just install lifts on all my local trails.

Or I could just buy a bunch of extra bikes so that I never use a DH part for climbing or a FR part for racing or a AM part for XC.
I carry separate shocks for climbing and descending.

At the top of a climb I will stop and change from my lycra to my skinsuit.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon.

CrabJoe -- that sucks :( If it's any consolation...I'm still waiting for UPS payment for breaking my new CX bike in the end of July.

BUSY here, but it does make the days go by faster.