Quantcast

%#% Monday GMT %#%

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Danes celebrate Christmas on the 24 so today is the big day. Kids are already running around like crazy and looking forward to the gift bonanza.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
At work from 6-10am. Yeah! Going home to drink and brew beer then.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Merry Christmas Eve, all you little elves! Don't forget to leave cookies out for Santa tonight!

I am working a full day today. I already got in my 9 mile run though. Mom overdid on our Christmas gifts yesterday. *shakes head*

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Lobster order placed with buddy, who's pulling traps this morning.
Beer chilling, Yule logs rolled.
Need to buy some charcoal on way to run dogs at beach.
Some wrapping to be done but my biggest chore is maintaining a functional buzz throughout the day.
Challenge accepted.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Ugh. The joys of Christmas Eve were just sharted on when I learned that there is no second parking space available at our apartment complex after they promised one would be when we moved in. Given that the winter parking ban is now in effect, and the town does not make any accommodations in the public lots, I don't know WTF to do. Advice anyone?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Woman child: "papa, it's almost christmas"
Me: "yup"
Woman child: "want to know what your presents are?"
Me: "Su......."
Woman child: "NOPE! Cant tell you! HAHAHAHAHAHA"

TL;DR: Trolled by 4 year old.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
watched "i want a dog for christmas charlie brown" with the nephews this morning....

time to shop.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Day #3 of my five day weekend. So nice to not wake up to an alarm today. Need to start cleaning the house since we're having family over tonight and tomorrow morning.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I get to hang out with the sober lame-oids. insanity will ensue, no doubt.

girlfriends sister, her adult son/girlfriend, and various other folks.

A certain FEAR song comes to mind....

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Get drunk... enjoy insanity. It's the only answer.
That will make me the asshole drunk uncle type. which I don't want to be.

The girlfriend also wants to stay the night so we can wake up on christmas morning and do presents in the AM. Only, the 'kids' (20 something year olds) sleep in until noon. did I mention they live 20 minutes away? I'd rather sleep in my own bed, use my own bathroom and drink my own coffee on my own couch.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
That will make me the asshole drunk uncle type. which I don't want to be.
Better than experiencing the insanity sober, IMO.

The girlfriend also wants to stay the night so we can wake up on christmas morning and do presents in the AM. Only, the 'kids' (20 something year olds) sleep in until noon. did I mention they live 20 minutes away? I'd rather sleep in my own bed, use my own bathroom and drink my own coffee on my own couch.
Stand your ground, man...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If I am to believe the guy at the second hand bike store I am the proud new owner of Jill Kintner's old pedals.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Ugh. The joys of Christmas Eve were just sharted on when I learned that there is no second parking space available at our apartment complex after they promised one would be when we moved in. Given that the winter parking ban is now in effect, and the town does not make any accommodations in the public lots, I don't know WTF to do. Advice anyone?
Buy a bike