Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Incredible thunderstorm this morning, continual thunderclaps and lightning bolts streaking though the skies for the past hour and now we are getting a monsoonal downpour. The Cal Fire guys are going to get really busy in the next few hours with lightning cause fires

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. 'Monday. 23:39 in my 5K race yesterday at about 80% effort. Not too shabby.

I wanted to road ride today but heavy rain is in the forecast. So, I'll be spinning.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Had a pretty good weekend. Spent most of Saturday relaxing on the couch and watching several different sports games (2 baseball, 1 hockey, and 1 soccer). Yesterday we threw some ribs in the smoker, had a few beers, went for a bike ride with friends of ours and put the little ones in my friend's bike trailer (pic in the Little Monkey's thread).

We're hoping to go to the Rochester Red Wings game this evening but the weather is looking kind of iffy at the moment :think:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Looks like rain is (again) settling in for a spell. Was going to begin local BMX clinics with the kid tonight but it looks like a wash....Neighborhood garage sale over the weekend: remind me next time to make a large sign that states: NO EARLY BIRDS!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I fly out today to Louisville tonight, then will hang around there all tomorrow killing time. Wednesday morning at 7 AM is when the fun begins: 4.5 hours straight of being grilled on all aspects of radiology.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Morning. Went 4-wheeling yesterday. This time, she let me drive her truck. My first time on a manual transmission in 20 years (and that time was only for about 10 minutes). Had my concerns about my still-gimpy left foot on the clutch and left arm on the wheel. Fortunately, the paralyzed half of my body didn't kill us. Though I did try to start it in third a few times.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
since i wasn't able to ride, i cooked up a storm yesterday, bbq mac salad, loaf of french bread, raspberry & mint rice cakes, and grilled some tilapia.

more yoga and core work tonight instead of riding.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i almost hopped on a scooter at the grocery store yesterday. but there was a fat lady trying to get on one and i didn't feel like circumnavigating her

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Got my project relocated to the boonies, what a pain in my ass. UHaul doesn't have real car trailers any more so I had to go to the retal place WAY on the the other side of Portland, then hook and book, dump, haul ass back, hook and book, dump. Planned to be done by 6:00pm, finished about 2:30am, awesome.

Took the lady friend for a ride, was trying to make it to Astoria but it was 60 degrees and she hasn't gotten her jacket yet. Ended up freezing before we got there, turned around and went home to start a fire. Saturday was much nicer weather for it, but was moving. :(

All and all a good weekend. This week will be painful at work.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
since i wasn't able to ride, i cooked up a storm yesterday, bbq mac salad, loaf of french bread, raspberry & mint rice cakes, and grilled some tilapia.

more yoga and core work tonight instead of riding.
You're my kind of woman Jon.

Cooking and staying fit, keep up the good work baby.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I'm marooned in Reagan Intl. Flight to Louisville is two hours delayed already, and may well get later yet. This is why I accounted for an extra travel day, so I'm not sweating, merely unamused.