Quantcast

)()()( monday gmt )()()(

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Had a decent weekend. Friend's kid's b-day party on Saturday and did a good singletrack ride with the guys on Sunday. Four day work week then off to Kingdom Trails for Monkeyfest.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
mostly cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms since the middle of june....this sh!t is getting old.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Heading into school to do some committee work and prep for a summer class I need to teach. Hoping to get in a short ride tonight with the kids too, but we'll see. Bummed because our new bikes won't arrive until Friday :( So we won't have them for Monkeyfest. Damn delays!!! We have all of parts and are just waiting on the frames!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
coffee and more coffee. Driving the fat bus today but my mind is already Fly Fishing in the Sierras. Next weekend is my summer finale as I have an emt standby gig both days of every weekend in august in addition to my m-f job.....mmmn 31 days of work in a row just sounds like some much fun. hey I can use the cash so I guess I shouldn't complain ( not that I won't).

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Another weekend of sitting on the couch popping ibuprofen like skittles (f'n busted ankle). Monday morning and now I'm a mod in the lounge, all y'all better keep your **** together or I'll have to open a can of Whoop-Ass (after I check with the boss).

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
where was this?
Nellie Mine Trail, aka Wasatch Connection. Telluride, CO. A bit lower down it starts to look like this:

EDIT: The ride starts at a little over 12K feet near the top of the Gold Hill Express lift and drops in to the Bear Creek drainage, just outside of the Telluride ski area boundary. The top section is gnarly and exposed, 10" skree-filled singletrack cutting across 50 degree slopes and tons of steep tricky switchbacks. As it drops to Bear Creek it gets easier, but not easy. Lots of techy moves and rock ledges exposed over 20' + sheer drops to the creek. It eventually gets away from the edge of the creekand turns to steep, winding, over-grown, rocky, amazing singletrack all the way to the Bear Creek Trail which is 15' wide hiking trail strewn with rock gardens and hikers. We made a big loop out of it from where we were camped, riding the gondola twice to maximize vert. So rad.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/346572470

SS has to be near a computer right this instant, since he just commented on the above photo over on FB with his predictable "Meh."

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Wow that looks amazing. My wife want to come out and ride with me for I think for the first time ever and he first time back on dirt in 13 years. She was pretty beat at the end due to the crazy heat but did really well.

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.
Couple o' bike rides this weekend. Knee is better, until it isn't again.
Gonna be hot as balls today.

I can't wait for the instagraming of photos things fades away, and people return to posting clear, crisp pictures again. (not solely directed at FT, just in general)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Knee is better, until it isn't again.
Good to hear!

I can't wait for the instagraming of photos things fades away, and people return to posting clear, crisp pictures again.
Here's they are unedited... Better?

Nellie Mine Trail:

Wildflowers:

I have others as well...

Magic Meadow is magical:

Trying to get the bike leaned over on T-35:

(not solely directed at FT, just in general)
Uh huh. SURE it's not directed at me. ;)

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Back at work. Rode up to Vancouver this weekend, drank a bunch of beer, and then came home.

Fork for the dirt jumper gets here tomorrow. Can't wait to get that built up and go hurt myself.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Back from Buffalo Peaks backpacking trip. Weather was good, which was a relief since it was *very* apparent that the monsoon had created deluges of biblical proportions a day or two before we backpacked in...

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Spent my weekend in our van down by the river:

Buffalo

This is a pretty crappy picture of a beautiful waterfall that was directly across the river from us

Pretty much were in the seats or in the river drinking beers and working on our tans the entire time.

this also happened!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Uhhh... that means he's been dealing with that forecast for a *month*...
^^^This. And it's not just a "forecast"... it's reality. A reality that is making for some of the most excellent dirt Colorado has seen in quite some time. SO SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH about being sick of the monsoons! Because soon, mon, all the trails will be back to the blown out and dusty.

100x better. :thumb:
All said, I prefer this one cropped and with the levels adjusted a bit...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
^^^This. And it's not just a "forecast"... it's reality. A reality that is making for some of the most excellent dirt Colorado has seen in quite some time. SO SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH about being sick of the monsoons! Because soon, mon, all the trails will be back to the blown out and dusty.
Naw... the Monsoonal goodness here is fine. stevew is talking about $hitty weather in the good ol' Southeast, methinks. I wouldn't tolerate that $hit. :D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Naw... the Monsoonal goodness here is fine. stevew is talking about $hitty weather in the good ol' Southeast, methinks. I wouldn't tolerate that $hit. :D
this.

i don't mind clouds.....just as long as the sun can be seen.

where are the backpacking pics?

Last edited: