Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Morning! Day 4 on Martha's Vineyard. I ran a 5K the other day in 21:23, placing 87 out of 1463. That's pretty good I guess.

Yesterday I ran 15 more miles then we went sailing. Too short a trip to schlep the bikes.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Mornin! Slept poorly, again. Not much on tap for today other than doing more move prep.

Did a photo shoot last night for an engagement that took a turn for the LOL files when the guy booted a rock barefoot and mangled his big toe. Like 3 pictures in too. :rofl:

Last edited:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Chillin up at my wife's aunt/uncle's house in northwest Missouri for the next few days. We all had an awesome time at the Sporting KC vs New England Revolution soccer game on Saturday night. Many beers were drank before and several beers drank after to celebrate that Sporting KC won 3-0.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Meh. Knocked out a great trail ride yesterday. Bested my times on all climbs but one, same with DH sections less one. I didn't stop for breath the whole ride, so my net time was better than my previous ride moving time, with breaks. I'm stopping to get stain on the way home and should start staining the deck tonight.

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon Monkeys! Sq-Earl & I finally officially celebrated our anniversary by finishing each other's builds (I had it a bit easier as his is a SS) and hit the trails to test them out. We both learned that they are FAST (I surprised him by keeping up until I met a tree). I also learned that my new bars are much wider than I am used to; 29ers steer differently and our tires slide and then grip, but sometimes grip and then slide :D

The builds:

Sir9 SS set-up 44/18, FOX fork, Crossmax SLRs w/Slant Six Tires & Avid XX Brakes

Air9; SRAM 2x10 set-up; FOX Fork, CrossMax SLRs w/Slant Six; Avid XX Brakes

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morning.

Chillin up at my wife's aunt/uncle's house in northwest Missouri for the next few days. We all had an awesome time at the Sporting KC vs New England Revolution soccer game on Saturday night. Many beers were drank before and several beers drank after to celebrate that Sporting KC won 3-0.

Good God... Misery?

At least you have beer.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Morning Folks. Had an awesome weekend at the cabin with all my in laws. They are a family of three boys with one super rad wife, one super rad girlfriend who I met for the first time, and the other has me. Between us there is a 6mo old baby girl, a 3 year olf boy, and my 6 year old boy. It. Was. A. Blast. LOVE my family! I know how lucky I am to have married into an awesome group of people.

So now it's Monday and I am at work and slightly hungover and dehydrated but doing great anyway. I walk into the office straight into a staff meeting to find out that when our property management contract is up in September, the building owners want to make the move to do their own in house management. This leaves a lot up in the air for Buffalo and Skibunny... There is a chance that they will ask me to stay with the property since I've been here for 3 years now, there is a chance that the company I currently work for could offer me a position elsewhere, aaaand there's a chance I could be out of a job. I'm thinking this has potential for being a really good thing.... not gunna lie though... I'm nervous!

Anyhoo, Happy Monday kiddos!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
^ sounds nice.

we had a relaxing weekend. hiked, soaked in some hot springs, explored some more of the southern cali desert, saw 10 desert big horns, lots of shooting stars...it was nice to reboot.
now I have a busy week with a couple of big presentations.

pics from this weekend...all iphone pics cuz we havent dumped the Nikon.

Laura. Yes, she still exists & is doing well.

Tecopa, CA

Black Power with her new RM sticker.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Afternoon Monkeys! Sq-Earl & I finally officially celebrated our anniversary by finishing each other's builds (I had it a bit easier as his is a SS) and hit the trails to test them out. We both learned that they are FAST (I surprised him by keeping up until I met a tree). I also learned that my new bars are much wider than I am used to; 29ers steer differently and our tires slide and then grip, but sometimes grip and then slide :D

The builds:

Sir9 SS set-up 44/18, FOX fork, Crossmax SLRs w/Slant Six Tires & Avid XX Brakes

Air9; SRAM 2x10 set-up; FOX Fork, CrossMax SLRs w/Slant Six; Avid XX Brakes

My name is Pesqueeb and I approve this message.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
^yeah, I know. The last time I went to the LBS it was for a 26x2.1 & all they had were 2.3's & the dude promised the 2.3 fit even though I was like "it aint gonna fit"....anyway, it rubbed like a mofo so i had to go back.