Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morn. Ran a very hilly half marathon Saturday. Between me having a bad day and the course being difficult, it was 13.1 miles of painful struggle. Ran a 1:53, which is 19 minutes slower than my previous half marathon. Worst race I've ever run. Ouchers. Finished right in the middle of the pack though, which I suppose isn't all bad if that's my worst day.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
GMDI

Drive safe 'squeeb!
How's the wife's noggin Eric?
Good job IRB, remember, you're a lot older now since running that last marathon. :D
JBP: office cube: 3x4 ... beef stall: 3x4. Coincidence?
SS: what was the question?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Had an incredible weekend. It was the ladies birfday so we took the dogs to the beach. Heard that there was a local bar with dancing Saturday, so we ventured out to check it out. Got there about 9:30 and by 10 half the bar was hammered. I couldn't believe they were still serving these people. It was also karaoke, so that only added to the drunken hilarity.

We left by 10:30 before any good fights broke out. Found out later they only stop serving you if you get into a fight. Seems they average 3 fights a night on the weekend. :rofl:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morning Monkeys.

Had an incredible weekend. It was the ladies birfday so we took the dogs to the beach. Heard that there was a local bar with dancing Saturday, so we ventured out to check it out. Got there about 9:30 and by 10 half the bar was hammered. I couldn't believe they were still serving these people. It was also karaoke, so that only added to the drunken hilarity.

We left by 10:30 before any good fights broke out. Found out later they only stop serving you if you get into a fight. Seems they average 3 fights a night on the weekend. :rofl:
What beach did you guys go to? We did a summer holiday a few years back on the Oregon Coast... very beautiful area.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
What beach did you guys go to? We did a summer holiday a few years back on the Oregon Coast... very beautiful area.
At the tail end of Lincoln City is an area called the Taft District. There is an awesome beach there with an inlet. It doesn't seem as windy as a lot of that area and there is a ton of driftwood for beach fires. The weather Saturday was low 50's and for the Oregon Coast, that's like a 90 degree day. :rofl:

The rain came on Sunday as we were leaving town.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
At the tail end of Lincoln City is an area called the Taft District. There is an awesome beach there with an inlet. It doesn't seem as windy as a lot of that area and there is a ton of driftwood for beach fires. The weather Saturday was low 50's and for the Oregon Coast, that's like a 90 degree day. :rofl:

The rain came on Sunday as we were leaving town.
That's one thing we *did* notice about the beaches along the coast. You guys should put up some windmills offshore...

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Good day at Stevens yesterday. Demo'd some Rosi Super 7s, because I don't own anything that looks anything like a powder ski these days. Me likey, may have to reconsider my "no new skis in the near future" plan. :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Lesbaru is gone tomorrow. I'm picking the buyer up from the airport after work. Acquiring a 2011 Audi A4 Avant with 19k miles. No more modding. Just clear bra, tint, and next winter probably another set of wheels to summer mount and then winters on the existing wheels.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Good day at Stevens yesterday. Demo'd some Rosi Super 7s, because I don't own anything that looks anything like a powder ski these days. Me likey, may have to reconsider my "no new skis in the near future" plan. :D
Are you guys likely to actually get an Real Powder™ out there?

I'm gonna have to try out some of those new Rossi offerings... they were all over the place in Jackson and everybody is raving about them. I'd probably look at the "skinnier" ones (Soul 7 - 106 under foot)... since we tend to get Real Powder™ here for the most part...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Passed first step for the DO position, that means of the hundreds of applications i made the top 30, and of the top 30 imade the top ten after the written exam, now for the physical and oral interview

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Are you guys likely to actually get an Real Powder™ out there?

I'm gonna have to try out some of those new Rossi offerings... they were all over the place in Jackson and everybody is raving about them. I'd probably look at the "skinnier" ones (Soul 7 - 106 under foot)... since we tend to get Real Powder™ here for the most part...
Not like you guys do, no. It's more often a little heavier than perfect powder, but it's still pretty good. The Super 7s were a ton of fun yesterday but probably a little fatter than I'd want in an everyday ski out here, but like you said, the Soul seems awfully promising.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Not like you guys do, no. It's more often a little heavier than perfect powder, but it's still pretty good. The Super 7s were a ton of fun yesterday but probably a little fatter than I'd want in an everyday ski out here, but like you said, the Soul seems awfully promising.
I might even give the Sin 7 a go - at 98 under foot it seems like it would be nice and versatile... and plenty fat for even bottomless Real Powder™.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yes? I've got factory bumper to bumper until 2017/100k. No more modding, basic maintanence, it should last plenty long.
That's the only way I would consider rolling something like that. While I will be technically modding my car, it's all OE gear, just much better than my gen OE. C6Z06 shocks/brakes, C6 Z51 sway bars and Z06 end links, and when the clutch starts to go it will be LS7 flywheel and C6Z06 clutch. It's amazing how cheap the OE stuff is and the C6 gear is straight bolt on for the C5 chassis.

Not touching the engine minus the air intake and LS7 exhaust manifolds. C5Z06 wheels once the current tires burn off.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I might even give the Sin 7 a go - at 98 under foot it seems like it would be nice and versatile... and plenty fat for even bottomless Real Powder™.
I'll have to see if I can find a demo. The shop I was in yesteday only had the Supers (I got the last pair of 180s, score). Part of my thinking is that I'll keep my current skinny skis around too, I don't need these to do everything necessarily.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
That's the only way I would consider rolling something like that. While I will be technically modding my car, it's all OE gear, just much better than my gen OE. C6Z06 shocks/brakes, C6 Z51 sway bars and Z06 end links, and when the clutch starts to go it will be LS7 flywheel and C6Z06 clutch. It's amazing how cheap the OE stuff is and the C6 gear is straight bolt on for the C5 chassis.

Not touching the engine minus the air intake and LS7 exhaust manifolds. C5Z06 wheels once the current tires burn off.
Does all that stuff increase or decrease the chances of you rolling it? ;)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
I'll have to see if I can find a demo. The shop I was in yesteday only had the Supers (I got the last pair of 180s, score).
Why so tiny?? :confused:
Part of my thinking is that I'll keep my current skinny skis around too, I don't need these to do everything necessarily.
Yeah - that's probably the way I'd go as well. My Wateas RAIL on smooth runs and are pretty good everywhere else... but it would be fun to get some fat, rockered boards for MOAR FUN.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Why so tiny?? :confused:
It's not that small. I'm 6', 165 or so so I'm not a super big guy and like my skis a little on the shorter side, just find them easier to toss around and whatnot. Probably could have skied the 188s happily too, definitely don't want anything longer than that.

Yeah - that's probably the way I'd go as well. My Wateas RAIL on smooth runs and are pretty good everywhere else... but it would be fun to get some fat, rockered boards for MOAR FUN.
That's the idea. Currently on some Dynastar something (model escapes me at present) with an 88mm waist, which is pretty damn skinny. They're a ton of fun on smooth stuff, not so much when things get deep.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
It's not that small. I'm 6', 165 or so so I'm not a super big guy and like my skis a little on the shorter side, just find them easier to toss around and whatnot. Probably could have skied the 188s happily too, definitely don't want anything longer than that.
They need to start making those damned rockered skis in 200cm...

That's the idea. Currently on some Dynastar something (model escapes me at present) with an 88mm waist, which is pretty damn skinny. They're a ton of fun on smooth stuff, not so much when things get deep.
My old "fat" powder skis were 79cm under foot. :D You should try those 88mm skis out some time in Real Powder™. They would likely be a hoot.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
My old "fat" powder skis were 79cm under foot. :D You should try those 88mm skis out some time in Real Powder™. They would likely be a hoot.
I've skiied them at Taos, Steamboat and Tahoe. They've seen real powder, I'm not saying I didn't enjoy myself, but there's clearly a lot of room for improvement. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
But those rockered skis ski really short. They're like wearing clown-shoes.
Yeah they do. I definitely would be interested to try the 188s, but I've normally skied a little shorter than that for all around stuff.

I've got a buddy (former roommate) who has a pair of these:

http://www.skis.com/Nordica-Dobermann-DH-Plate-Race-Skis/242133P,default,pd.html

In a 207. I really need to try those bad-boys out some time.
Those look like they'd be a good time. :brows: