Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Mornin, weekend was too short. Went and saw Noah last night, good movie. No work till noon today, haircut, register the scooter, and file for my carry permit is on the agenda this morning

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Wind kept waking me up last night. Thought the damn roof was going to come off.

9" of pow overnight but no skiing this morning for moi. More snow all week though! :thumb:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
decent ride yesterday. Buddy amputated his rear derailleur on a stump. Tore the hanger clean off. He made an admirable effort at riding chainless for the rest of the ride.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Holy balls is it windy.
Wind kept waking me up last night. Thought the damn roof was going to come off.
these.

i was sure god was angry at me & was going to be into a few new panes of glass (need to re-seal a few as a result). have to collect wrought iron deck furniture that was strewn about. worst night sleep in recent memory.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Called in sick--baby is still mildly febrile and full of baby-snot, although I am feeling better. Using time to get **** done, like rebooking plane tickets.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You bastids can quit yer b1tchin' about the wind. Just remember - you could be in Florida, :rant:
Patton Oswalt said:
The only reason to ever go to Florida is to identify your daughters body.
Morning Monkeys.
It's Monday and I am already done for the week. I hope to hear goodish news from Bob the boat guy today so I know what my budget is going to look like. Got the yardwork done early Sunday and went for a moto ride with the neighbor. It's sad when you get left in the dust by a 650 enduro running dirt tires. Man that pig of a bike is slow.

<edit>I can't get this bike out of my head...

:drool:

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
a motorcycle boat!
Almost...

Z06 boat, this is what I wanted to build vs buying a "running" boat but lacked the time. Still might build one over the winter if I don't kill myself/someone else over the current boat situation.

Start with something like this:

Bad motor, boat and trailer: $800
Good used LS1: $3000
Redo interior: $500
Beef up trans: $2000
Fiberglass detail: $500

Bitch would be done and in the water in 3 months. I THOUGHT I was getting a RTR boat I could drop in and go. Fack me. I did get the title in the mail (half thought it might be stolen based on the seller), now if Bob can do something with it for under a grand I might not cry.

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I can't even imagine having that much discretionary income.
The original budget for the "first boat" was $3k but that is likely not reasonable for something that would be fun enough to WANT to enjoy. If I can build something I deem perfect for my intended use for less than say $8k, then I would be a very happy person. My neighbor spent $25k on his first boat, then $60k on his second. The guy across the street spent $100k on his POS that he sold for $40k when he got laid off a few years ago.

My girlfriend looked at it this way. She averages 2 big vacations a year, each for about $3k. So $6k for about 2 weeks of fun. If we are able to get a boat we could enjoy at least one weekend a month for 6 months in the summer for $6k and be able to enjoy it for more than 2 summers, it's worth it. I agreed. I wanted to be able to do it for half that, but so far it's cost $2800 + $130 title/registration + $40/month storage. I spent $100 on some stuff trying to get it running and not sure what Bob will say this week.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This was at the boat show. It's a restored 1990 Mastercraft Prostar 190 T Top they restored. I love the late 80's tournament ski boats, but I don't ski. I just want to go fast. :rofl: