Quantcast

(.)(.)(.)Monday GMT(.)(.)(.)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
what rims/tires did you go with? I've toyed with the idea of making the krampster a 1x, but I honestly don't know what I would do with all the pretty parts I have on my rush. It's also going to inevitably be a kid hauler so I'm not sure standing and grinding my way up every hill is going to be fun for the passenger.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
what rims/tires did you go with? I've toyed with the idea of making the krampster a 1x, but I honestly don't know what I would do with all the pretty parts I have on my rush. It's also going to inevitably be a kid hauler so I'm not sure standing and grinding my way up every hill is going to be fun for the passenger.
I used these rims http://webcyclery.com/product/echo-tr-26-rear-rim-1847.htm and KRad 2.5 tires. It's really a purpose built florida machine. Flat and sandy.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Moving is becoming more likely. Wifey is having her conversation regarding salary when she goes into the office tomorrow for the formal 'interview'. I talked w/ my parents and they are okay with us staying with them for a few months if necessary. I'm still looking at work options including a few in-company transfers into financial advisor roles. We'll see how this plays out, but we are more at the 50/50 point with likelihood of moving.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Moving is becoming more likely. Wifey is having her conversation regarding salary when she goes into the office tomorrow for the formal 'interview'. I talked w/ my parents and they are okay with us staying with them for a few months if necessary. I'm still looking at work options including a few in-company transfers into financial advisor roles. We'll see how this plays out, but we are more at the 50/50 point with likelihood of moving.
Didn't you *just* move here? :confused: :D

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

what area?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Didn't you *just* move here? :confused: :D
Life has it's purposes. The role would have never been created if we hadn't moved here in the first place. The girl who quit was hired because Wifey was let go when we moved. They hired the new girl and it became clear that she wasn't up to par and they brought Wifey back on as a consultant. Now that the new girl quit, they have realized that they should just hire her back onto the executive team - Senior Director of Marketing.

SoCal is looking primary at this point, but everything is up in the air.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
It sounds like the same job she used to have, but with a new title.
Wife-> new girl ->wife/new girl combo -> new girl quits -> wife offered old job.

NTTAWWT if she liked the place.
Hope the money's worth the hassle.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:thumbsdown:

Maybe Toshi will buy your house.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It sounds like the same job she used to have, but with a new title.
Wife-> new girl ->wife/new girl combo -> new girl quits -> wife offered old job.

NTTAWWT if she liked the place.
Hope the money's worth the hassle.
Not quite the same. They did not have a senior marketing person before. The sales team took care of the high level decisions and Wifey implemented it. The senior position was put into place after she left. They hired a junior and senior position that she fell into the middle of. This new role puts her properly into the executive team as a decision maker.

Also, it pays almost double what she was getting before. That would put her at what we made last year. If I get a decent FA job, we're looking at living close to family and net positive by 5-10% CoL adjusted income. It's not Colorado by any means, but it's not like we're moving to Montana.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Sounds like a nice career move for her. Nows your chance to become a full time surfer-dad and follow SS's lead into the realm of sugar momma.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sounds like a nice career move for her. Nows your chance to become a full time surfer-dad and follow SS's lead into the realm of sugar momma.
I'm working on it.

What's the time frame for taking off? We going to be able to sneak in one last death march before you head out?
Not sure. Most likely not happening before June.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
:thumbsdown:

Maybe Toshi will buy your house.
Agreed on the thumbs down. Fleeing the coop before I even get there! No way I'm commuting from where stoney lives, though! My sister does that. Pure craziness.