Quantcast

###monday gmt###

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Went to a coworker's Halloween party Saturday night. 'Twas an awesome time.

Sunday was leaf clean-up day. What used to take 3 days took about 6 hours thanks to this little guy. Joy.

IMAG0997.jpg

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
Mason finishing up rear wall, plumber working on underground, steel guy setting columns, 60 and sunny in victor ny looks like I'm leaving work early and enjoying a warm late fall afternoon ride
image.jpg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
102/230 in age group. Top half, but not the top 1/3 I was aiming for. Top 11% swim, 29% bike, 44% run. The run did it. Will be interesting to see what the times in each event looked like once they are posted.
The shocker was the swim being my fastest eveny with bike second. Apparently I was built to swim.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
102/230 in age group. Top half, but not the top 1/3 I was aiming for. Top 11% swim, 29% bike, 44% run. The run did it. Will be interesting to see what the times in each event looked like once they are posted.
The shocker was the swim being my fastest eveny with bike second. Apparently I was built to swim.

Arm length helps.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I left the windows open last night. I woke up to 48deg apartment. I can't do that again. My feet are still frozen.....

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Nice work, Stoney! Look at the top swimmers out there. They are all tall. Height is an advantage when swimming. On the flip side of that, the ideal height for strong runners is 5'6" - 5'8". I'm not saying that is true for all of the best swimmers and runners, but it helps.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I'm on an academic day today. Trying to do some writing and such.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Arm length helps.
Haha. Now imagine if my form gets better...

Nice work, Stoney! Look at the top swimmers out there. They are all tall. Height is an advantage when swimming. On the flip side of that, the ideal height for strong runners is 5'6" - 5'8". I'm not saying that is true for all of the best swimmers and runners, but it helps.
If i can get to a 9min pace i will scrub 24-26min off my overall time. That wil make a huge difference. If i rent aero wheels, another 4-5 min. There are many places I can scrub time.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
If i can get to a 9min pace i will scrub 24-26min off my overall time. That wil make a huge difference. If i rent aero wheels, another 4-5 min. There are many places I can scrub time.
Just run more. You'll get faster by simply logging more miles and getting those "runner parts" stronger. Working on your base now will help you a year from now. I am running paces now that I literally never thought I could reach two years ago. My first 5K was an 8:52 pace. I'm shooting for a 7:35 pace in my Nov 23 marathon. I mostly credit building a strong base (50 miles per week the past 18 months).

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just run more. You'll get faster by simply logging more miles and getting those "runner parts" stronger. Working on your base now will help you a year from now. I am running paces now that I literally never thought I could reach two years ago. My first 5K was an 8:52 pace. I'm shooting for a 7:35 pace in my Nov 23 marathon. I mostly credit building a strong base (50 miles per week the past 18 months).
When I was doing my tri's before I was holding 7:30 for hilly (think SF) 7-8 mile runs. It's just a matter of logging mileage. I'm probably going to throttle back my swimming a bit and up my running that amount of time. I need to start loftinf a bit too. I did nothing outside of swimming, biking, and running for the last 5 months.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
kidney stones gave me the worst pain ever (in my life) this weekend, ended up pissing and sh!tting myself, not cool. went back to the ER, now have a UTI and passing blood in my urine, surgery set for halloween. getting bored with a laser up the urethra then a stint put in.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
^^ Dayum dude ! I have gout which is 2nd in worst pains a human can feel, with kidney stones being the worst. So I have an understanding of what level of character building pain you're in. Good luck, heal up, and enjoy the morphine drip.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Rehab day 1

I sprained my MCL 6 weeks ago hyper flexing itgetting into the kayak on a slippery dock. I stopped wearing a brace while walking around about a week ago. Icing it now because I just did 15 pain and swelling free minutes on the elliptical and I want to keep it that way. Going to keep it nice and light for a week and if all goes well increase the elliptical workout and start adding in a weight routine. Really want to be able to run and bike again soon.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
image.jpg
Spent a good chunk of my day chasing elk. Got close but never got a shot off. After about ten miles of tracking and sneaking the wind shifted and the whole herd was gone. That was turn back time seeing dragging an animal that size back to the quads ten miles would suck some ass.

P.s. just finished my last week on day ahift, starting halloween night I am on graeyards, least it comes with a .35 cent an hour raise

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Lets see what you are up to in your late 50s mid 60s sonny
SS....

teaching his grand kids how to rake leaves and the art of the push up....

and bitching about bleeding brakes.

Last edited:

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
I woke for the drugs and find out the drugs I have aren't mine so I didn't take them. I lay here in agony as my body won't rest until tomorrow. I work all day without the drugs, that chit a the pharmacy didn't look at what drugs she put in the bag. I don't understand people and how they can be so lazy.