Quantcast

>Monday GMT<

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin monkeys!

Back to work after what seems like not enough time off. Gotta shake the urge to hermit in my cube for the day, this week I get to go out and meet a ton of people in the organization to figure out how my job interacts with theirs. Yay...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Work, cold, windy. -2F forecast for Wednesday night. :panic: Water pipes in north facing wall will not be happy.

Need to shutoff my outside faucets, thanks for the reminder.

Neighbors dog was outside and barking from 4-7 AM this morning. The only thing that prevented me from shooting it is the fact that it isn't really the dogs fault but the owners. Shooting the neighbors has more complicated legal ramifications. The hatred burns bright in me this morning.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Neighbors dog was outside and barking from 4-7 AM this morning. The only thing that prevented me from shooting it is the fact that it isn't really the dogs fault but the owners. Shooting the neighbors has more complicated legal ramifications. The hatred burns bright in me this morning.
Only if someone finds out. You could always try dissolving their bodies in a vat of acid. Or eating them.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Only if someone finds out. You could always try dissolving their bodies in a vat of acid. Or eating them.

I hung one of those battery operated ultrasonic bark preventers on a tree next to their fence. helped a little but one of their dogs is old and deaf. Fuckers bark so much that the batteries die in a few days. But again, the problem is with shitty neighbors not the dogs. Thinking about hacking the bark thingy to blast Slayer from outside speakers to negatively reinforce the neighbors and not the dogs. They are ultra conservative christians so maybe Origin of Species on tape might be a better choice.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I hung one of those battery operated ultrasonic bark preventers on a tree next to their fence. helped a little but one of their dogs is old and deaf. Fuckers bark so much that the batteries die in a few days. But again, the problem is with shitty neighbors not the dogs. Thinking about hacking the bark thingy to blast Slayer from outside speakers to negatively reinforce the neighbors and not the dogs. They are ultra conservative christians so maybe Origin of Species on tape might be a better choice.
you could just call animal control

Y'know, you can get non-freezing sillcocks... just sayin'.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Y'know, you can get non-freezing sillcocks... just sayin'.

Have them but they only work well if they can extend into a heated part of the house, which I do not have. They conduct what heat there is out and will freeze the connecting pipe. This only happens with the deepest cold we get here but the safest solution is to turn off and drain those lines.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
I bought a demo farley fat bike from Trek, I was the only rider and clapped out the crankset. Getting it replaced off my dime, wishing I had a job because I have no cash. I owe $500 almost on it still. Riding my fixie to ask about work because gas is expensive, also washing bedroom walls. So many years of splatter that just need a new coat of paint and spackle in areas.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yawn. Back at work after 2 weeks off. Had a stellar day of skiing yesterday. The Rosi Soul 7s I picked up for this year just impress me more and more.

Looking at an e34 M5 tonight. Let the series of questionable automotive decisions continue!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
. The Rosi Soul 7s I picked up for this year just impress me more and more.
Maybe it's just because they're so easily recognizable, but those have to be the best selling ski this year out here.

Really rough few weeks, but I did squeak in a few days of skiing which fixed my head, if only for the moment.

Happy Monday. FTS.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Maybe it's just because they're so easily recognizable, but those have to be the best selling ski this year out here.
Interesting. I haven't seen too many out here (and they do indeed stand out).

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I survived my trip to see moms. It was awesome to see most of my family and it was cool to see my nephews new house. I am very proud of Mike and how well he's done for himself. I built him his first PC for 8th grade graduation and gave him the steps he should take to get into software. About 15 years later and he is about to take his first sabbatical from Intel and just bought a very nice house in a wicked nice area of Folsom.

I'm glad SOMEBODY was able to learn from me doing sh!t the hard way. :rofl:

<edit> e34 M5... :drool:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

or you could run them over while they're riding their bikes: http://www.bikemag.com/web-monkey-speaks/web-monkey-speaks-mean-streets/ (at the end of the article).

Me? I'm just happy to be back at work. no kids to entertain/coerce/yell at; it's just my cube, my computer, the internet, a bit of work, and coffee.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
or you could run them over while they're riding their bikes: http://www.bikemag.com/web-monkey-speaks/web-monkey-speaks-mean-streets/ (at the end of the article).

Me? I'm just happy to be back at work. no kids to entertain/coerce/yell at; it's just my cube, my computer, the internet, a bit of work, and coffee.
Neighbors wife (who is responsible for the un-disciplined dogs) does jog on needlessly dangerous roads. Strange behavior for someone who is terrified of snakes, burglars, falling acorns...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Jessica (wife) and Mariko (kid) returned yesterday from the extra week they spent in Seattle. Jessica was not happy that I picked a restaurant for takeout not in our immediate neighborhood--she requires kid gloves, too. :D

All that plus Mariko decided to wake up at 5 AM and stay awake despite our successive best efforts. I at least got to sleep in a bit once they officially woke up and went downstairs, since no one tracks when I come in on my academic (half-in this case)days.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Looking at an e34 M5 tonight. Let the series of questionable automotive decisions continue!
the only questionable auto purchases on here are if you contemplate buying vw/audi and the sandy vaginas on here who hate them.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Also, a little bit of info for the site admins: after years of seeing those Bike magazine articles to the right of the text boxes, I finally caved and bought a subscription. Maybe that'll buy me some good karma despite running AdBlockPlus...

It didn't hurt that I grew tired of trying to decipher Steve Jones' writing. After three years reading Dirt, I still don't understand a word that man writes.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I already have an S4. :rofl:
So is the S4 not worth the effort, or is the M5 just too tempting? I am soon to part with my beloved C5 since the lack of seating is now a major issue. I am torn between just buying a sh!tbox for a commuter and build my dream "family" car, or get something almost as fun as the Vette with a back seat.

The family car would be something like this sitting on a C5/C6 Corvette roller.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
So is the S4 not worth the effort, or is the M5 just too tempting?
I like the S4 as a DD, the M5 would be a toy. At the asking price I figure I could tidy it up a little, drive it for a bit, and get my money back out of it a little ways down the road.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So is the S4 not worth the effort, or is the M5 just too tempting? I am soon to part with my beloved C5 since the lack of seating is now a major issue. I am torn between just buying a sh!tbox for a commuter and build my dream "family" car, or get something almost as fun as the Vette with a back seat.

The family car would be something like this sitting on a C5/C6 Corvette roller.

I see this in your future.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
What a night last night, one cracked and was talking to the walls, seeing people walk through the wall, was determined someone planted a listening device in his clothes all while logically knowing it was not real, another decided to try and escape fby throwing his shoe an another officer, then... I stumbled onto something that looks to becomeing a federal case now all together.