Quantcast

>Monday GMT<

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
What a night last night, one cracked and was talking to the walls, seeing people walk through the wall, was determined someone planted a listening device in his clothes all while logically knowing it was not real, another decided to try and escape fby throwing his shoe an another officer, then... I stumbled onto something that looks to becomeing a federal case now all together.

You been smoking with PCP with PSP?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Is that a serpentine... chain?!?
It's 4 separate chains. All of which are at the back of the engine, against the firewall. The chains were designed to last the life of the engine, but the guides and tensioners never make it that long, necessitating ~8k in parts and labor to replace them. :rofl:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's 4 separate chains. All of which are at the back of the engine, against the firewall. The chains were designed to last the life of the engine, but the guides and tensioners never make it that long, necessitating ~8k in parts and labor to replace them. :rofl:

:twitch:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
And on top of it all, isn't it a 31 hour job by the book or somewhere around there?

And pretty much guaranteed that something will go wrong during that service. I'd equally hate being that mechanic or customer.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
My buddy Russ was an Audi wrench and would do a timing belt job for $50, beer and a pizza.

(knock wood) I'm at 180k and would buy another Audi tomorrow, no question. I'd love a supercharged 3.0L somethingorother.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
My buddy Russ was an Audi wrench and would do a timing belt job for $50, beer and a pizza.
Timing belt job on one of their I4s is about a billion times easier than the timing chains on the 4.2 V8.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
but the guides and tensioners never make it that long, necessitating ~8k in parts and labor to replace them. :rofl:
did anyone ever make a all metal kit for that like they did for the VW VR6 that had the same problem..

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
did anyone ever make a all metal kit for that like they did for the VW VR6 that had the same problem..
Not that I know of.

M5 fail. The owner left the door open, and killed the battery. He seems reluctant to give out his address, since he insisted on charging it overnight and meeting at a public location tonight, instead of just letting me come over and jump it. Oh well.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Not that I know of.

M5 fail. The owner left the door open, and killed the battery. He seems reluctant to give out his address, since he insisted on charging it overnight and meeting at a public location tonight, instead of just letting me come over and jump it. Oh well.
or maybe he's just being cautious. for all he knows you are a craigslist killer