Quantcast

>>Monday GMT<<

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Starting the first Week of life after making vocal those three-words, albeit written word. Long overdue -- decades, I can't take back the past this certainly is going to be my future - with or without her.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Starting the first Week of life after making vocal those three-words, albeit written word. Long overdue -- decades, I can't take back the past this certainly is going to be my future - with or without her.
" I want roller-blades"?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
"make my sammich"?

started the day at 6:30 running around the neighborhood after our a-hole dog jumped the fence in a spot i hadn't finished repairing yesterday. i have a feeling it's gonna be one of those weeks. another pot of coffee is brewing.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
you drew a picture of your weiner and wrote doesn't suck itself next to it?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Ahhhh...short week this week. Leaving for Bootleg Thurs night with my brother. Should be good times.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys,

Took the little monkey out on Saturday. Only a few bugs to work out on her new ride, but nothing major. We do need to cut some trails, though. But the wide open hauling ass part was fun. Her little bike hauls ass. She'll outgrow it next year, but it will get her ready for a real bike.

Brrrraaaaaappppp.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
You do realize they are called devil dogs for a reason. A shiba is no beginner dog.
That is sadly what I've read. They're so cute and Japanese, though. :D I'll talk with a breeder next year and take advice seriously.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Looks like she could use a 29er.
It's tough because she isn't old enough (or really strong enough) to ride a full blown "adult" sized quad, but she is too big for most of the mid/tween sized quads. When you look at bikes like the Yamaha 90, it's a joke. Single a-arm front suspension, non-adjustable crap ass shocks, just awful. Her bike has a wicked wide front that makes it stable as all get out. I showed her how to do donuts and she went nuts. :rofl:

I'm sure she will be riding Jenny's 250 by the end of the year and be ready for a 400 next season. :D

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Everything here pretty much on the nose. I have known a few people with them. They really do act more like cats in that they are somewhat standoffish, ie don't really follow you around like most dogs. They are really smart, which is part of the reason they are a pain in the ass. They also get into major mischief if they are bored.

http://shibashake.com/dog/shiba-inu-personality-good-bad-traits
Sounds a lot like living with my 2 year old kid. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sounds a lot like living with my 2 year old kid. :D
They also have a strong predatory instinct. If ever off leash they are likely to chase after other small furry animals and try to kill them, be it a squirrel or a neighbors cat. They can also do some serious damage if they suffer from separation anxiety. A coworker had her house destroyed by her Shiba. And I mean destroyed, all the furniture and much of the drywall needed replacing. When she tried to crate it, it tore out all of its teeth trying to get out. Had to resort to tranquilizers when she was gone.

Get a dog because it's personality matches your lifestyle, not because you think it is cute from an internet meme.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have to say, Jen and I have been talking about what we will do when Cooper finally passes. As much as I hate the thought of losing that little dude, I know he only has a few years at most left. I miss my Rottie and my Boxer mix. Both were amazing dogs on all levels, but it was a combination of breed and personality. A dude at work has a Shepard/Retriever mix that is shaping up to be an amazing dog. But he has also spent a lot of time and effort as well.

A blurry pic of a cute mutt.