Quantcast

>>Monday GMT<<

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have been occasionally watching a friends Great Dane since he got it as a puppy. They are a super easy dog to own, except for the prodigious amounts of food required and the resulting mountains of poop. They are pretty entertaining to watch too. That dog is just about as happy to frolic in a pile of leaves as Rick James would be in a pile of cocaine.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My neighbor has a fat and happy boxer that is such an adorable dog. He is the biggest couch potato of a boxer as I've met.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Back at work. At least the weather is better than before I left. Good to back on the bike today even with all of the amateur bikers on the street now that its warm outside.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I just got off the phone with our vet. Taking our oldest lab in next Tuesday to discuss his "quality of life". I suspect we probably wont be coming home with him.

That sucks. I am nearing that point with my dog. His arthritis is getting to the point where mobility is becoming an issue.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
It's tough because she isn't old enough (or really strong enough) to ride a full blown "adult" sized quad, but she is too big for most of the mid/tween sized quads. When you look at bikes like the Yamaha 90, it's a joke. Single a-arm front suspension, non-adjustable crap ass shocks, just awful. Her bike has a wicked wide front that makes it stable as all get out. I showed her how to do donuts and she went nuts. :rofl:

I'm sure she will be riding Jenny's 250 by the end of the year and be ready for a 400 next season. :D
Sleds/snowmobiles are the same way.
The mini's are OK for up to about 7yos but thats about it.
Our kids usually fly around on 440 fans but once we get lubricated they've been seen filing for our divorces on the 800s/1000s.
On the upside you can teach a kid years of life lessons with a couple gallons of gas and too much engine. If they live.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Sorry to hear Squeeb. Last night while feeding the half wild barn cat I discovered a hole the size of a nickel in her side. Got to round her up and over to the vet asap.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
I can almost guarantee my story is more fucked up that yours. (Because yes...it's a contest). So...if that makes you feel any better............
Now that this has become a contest, which I will Win™, I will ask to be compensated. That is only right, and it will come from each staff member for your :pleasantry: contest. Then - any staff with a rollover grandfather clause allowing re-compensation instead will be de-compensated and I will have 4 Million Dollars & the worst Love Story.
Worse than the Black Knight's record before the 2003 Army-Navy Game.
I have French Horn lessons.

That sucks. I am nearing that point with my dog. His arthritis is getting to the point where mobility is becoming an issue.
When Zeke got old reduced mobility was his downfall. Wound up carrying him up and down stairs, and he was a big dog, rescued him from the bottom of a ravine in which he had become thoroughly entangled in grape vines... It just about killed me when we had to put him down.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When Zeke got old reduced mobility was his downfall. Wound up carrying him up and down stairs, and he was a big dog, rescued him from the bottom of a ravine in which he had become thoroughly entangled in grape vines... It just about killed me when we had to put him down.
Cubby has started to fall on his butt regularly. He generally only runs when outside, not really a good sign as running lets both his hind legs work together at the same time vs individual use. The dang dog is tough as a buffalo hide so it is impossible to tell if he is in pain. Medically speaking he probably has years left, but at some point the quality factor will cross the null line and I will have to make the call.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Now that this has become a contest, which I will Win™, I will ask to be compensated. That is only right, and it will come from each staff member for your :pleasantry: contest. Then - any staff with a rollover grandfather clause allowing re-compensation instead will be de-compensated and I will have 4 Million Dollars & the worst Love Story.
Worse than the Black Knight's record before the 2003 Army-Navy Game.
I have French Horn lessons.

Oh I am quite certain I can "win" this one.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
In June it will be 4 years since the process began ....and it's still on-going. And I'm her third divorce. and I have two kids.....one with special needs. She hasn't had a job in 11 years. She lives solely on alimony. We've been to court 4 times. and I'm sure we will be back again.

You sure you want to tangle with me?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
In keeping with the theme, just got back from the emergency vet, but it wasn't for the dog. Came in this afternoon after working in the yard and found the cat in the bedroom in what was clearly the feline equivalent of shock. She seized on the way to the emergency clinic and pretty much didn't stop until she was medicated. Vet diagnosed a neurological issue of some sort. Stroke/aneurysm, possible brain tumor given her age. We opted to put her down given she was 14. Fuck this shit.

:thumbsdown:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
In June it will be 4 years since the process began ....and it's still on-going. And I'm her third divorce. and I have two kids.....one with special needs. She hasn't had a job in 11 years. She lives solely on alimony. We've been to court 4 times. and I'm sure we will be back again.

You sure you want to tangle with me?
would not want to meet mmike in a dark alley when angry...

with three ex husbands.....how is she still drawing breath?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
sorry 'squeeb. had to put down a number of pets over the years. it's always tough. but if you know their quality of life is gonna suck at least you can rest easy.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In keeping with the theme, just got back from the emergency vet, but it wasn't for the dog. Came in this afternoon after working in the yard and found the cat in the bedroom in what was clearly the feline equivalent of shock. She seized on the way to the emergency clinic and pretty much didn't stop until she was medicated. Vet diagnosed a neurological issue of some sort. Stroke/aneurysm, possible brain tumor given her age. We opted to put her down given she was 14. Fuck this shit.

:thumbsdown:
Sorry bud.