Quantcast

>>>Monday GMT<<<

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
Unless there is a performance issue we typically give 90 days warning on a job elimination, 1 week of severance for each year worked and COBRA benifits.

If you worked for me and weren't performing adequately you would have at least 120 days after being informed of the issue to demontrate improvement. In fact, you would have received this message and signed off on it 3 times before dismissal would occur: "if immediate and sustained improvement is not seen within XXL amount of time further corrective action up to and including termination may result".

Carrying dead weight for few months is almost always cheaper than a lawsuit and it keeps you out of conference calls with HD and Legal. :)
I have know him for 30 years worked for him for 8 years broken promises, shorting paychecks, I have told him at least a dozen times in the past 3 years " if things don't change I'm leaving'
The best is when he calls his mom a cvnt in front of 15 people in a staff meeting two female admins have just walked out since I started when they witnessed his raging tiraid on his mother or brother......first call I made this am the general contractor said "you are his top guy, you can start right now. Then proceeded to say " it's about time you got away from those people"

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Back to the anger factory. So far only making apathy but I am sure things will get fired up by lunch.
And the the anger has boiled over again. Just found out that the new project I get to start this week I will once again be teamed with the shit-heel coworker who has fucked up and screwed me over on multiple occasions. Not sure whether to put my foot down and refuse to work with him or use this as an opportunity to carefully document and present his fraud?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I have know him for 30 years worked for him for 8 years broken promises, shorting paychecks, I have told him at least a dozen times in the past 3 years " if things don't change I'm leaving'
The best is when he calls his mom a cvnt in front of 15 people in a staff meeting two female admins have just walked out since I started when they witnessed his raging tiraid on his mother or brother......first call I made this am the general contractor said "you are his top guy, you can start right now. Then proceeded to say " it's about time you got away from those people"
Well then, if it's already in the bag, join the competition and crush him like a bug!

On a similar note I once had a peer in a district meeting ask me if I hired my admin because "she had legs that just wouldn't quit" - this was in 2013 and at least half the room were female.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
And the the anger has boiled over again. Just found out that the new project I get to start this week I will once again be teamed with the shit-heel coworker who has fucked up and screwed me over on multiple occasions. Not sure whether to put my foot down and refuse to work with him or use this as an opportunity to carefully document and present his fraud?
I've become a big fan of documetation, casual e-mails are a great place to start.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I've become a big fan of documetation, casual e-mails are a great place to start.
I'm doing this actively at the moment. Unfortunately, the emailz zay do nussing.

I've never yelled so much at work as I do in my current job. I don't start with yelling. I am cool and calm and provide input/guidance I would expect to receive from my manager. But when my bullshit detector explodes and I'm being lied to, I eventually boil over.

I swear it seems the sub consultants we're using are non-performing/failing out of spite.

Not sure I can operate under these conditions much longer.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Who's looking fir a jerb? We be hiring a shipper and inventory manager. You'll get to play with cardboard boxes all day, eat lots of tacos, smell like hops, and chat mtb.

Must be willing to habla espanol.

Not much going on here, work is work, but I made a major milestone today in my recovery...

14519643097651676128900.jpg

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Six figures...??? Relo package and transitional housing assistance? Can I negotiate 6 weeks of vacation?
No x4 but we can supply apple wood for you to cook on and stay warm until spring. Plus its an all you can eat buffet, everyday! If you like apples.

Willing, but unable.

And what SM said.

I assume this comes with a company provided bong shed?
See above. And no, but it's WA, one of the few bong shed states. Where the hardest part about buying a sack is waiting in line.