Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
so what's the update with that? is this going to require surgery?
I have a nice scar on my chest where my Doc dug out a nice chunk ... turned out to be benign.
details wednesday. my body mod friends are all lining up to help me with suggestions on how to "handle" the scars. might fly to norway to let one of them have at it. though, i'm still not a body art fan, so i'm probably gonna pass.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
First real winter commute with snow on the ground. I managed to get to the office without falling off the bike. Snow on the ground and MLK day made for a lonely ride which I am not complaining about.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
First real winter commute with snow on the ground. I managed to get to the office without falling off the bike. Snow on the ground and MLK day made for a lonely ride which I am not complaining about.
potential proper winter storm may be in the cards for end of week.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Jimmy Johns brought free sammichs to the hangar. Not sure why, but much like beer, I've never turned down a free one. Perhaps no one will have to die today.
so that's how airline accidents happen.....

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Back to work tonight, four day week this week then four day weekend. Hopefully I can find an elk to shoot on Saturday. Hopefully it is not terribly far from the vehicle either. Last year my elk was six miles from the truck, was a lot of hiking with heavy animal parts

Rifle smithing is done till I can afford more tools, next up a muzzle crowning tool. The kit I want runs 365, but does an awesome job and is good for everything from .22 to .50 caliber.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
37 miles with 5250ft of climbing, wife was less than impressed with the climbing duration, but loved the views from 9200ft up in the mountains.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Dude. Jäger? WTF are you? 17? :D
No. Apparently someone wanted to get Abe ruined and made the assumption that his tolerance was lower than the rest of us. They did however forget to take into account how much the rest of us had already drank. Either way. Not a bad long weekend.

Back in Denver and not looking forward to work tomorrow.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Santa in the brown suit dropped off another round of parts; Shimano Xt crankset, XT 11-36 cassette, and a 50mm Spike stem.

Slipped while wrestling with the stock chainring bolts and now have five tooth marks on two of my knuckles, fun. Nothing like bleeding on a new bike part to break it in proper.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I went to Costco today… twice. There was one solitary floor model tool cabinet in stock, a model I'd been eyeing for months. I had come initially with Mariko in the RAV4 EV, and with kid seat (possibly empty) that cabinet wasn't fitting in there. I returned solo with seatless Land Cruiser and brought that puppy (and yet more metal shelving) home.

The Costco dude and me lifted it into the back just fine. Wife and I managed to drop it on its back on the way out. :D No fingers or toes were sacrificed so I'll call that a draw. I got to finally toss my filthy, small plastic toolbox in the trash after emptying its contents into the new, shiny metal roller.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Here is said toolbox in its shiny metal glory:

Good match for the width of the Land Cruiser.

Garage is full already! (I have to keep that giant fridge box around for 30 days for warranty reasons, apparently. I put up more metal shelving and rearranged crap so it's much better now.)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Santa in the brown suit dropped off another round of parts; Shimano Xt crankset, XT 11-36 cassette, and a 50mm Spike stem.

Slipped while wrestling with the stock chainring bolts and now have five tooth marks on two of my knuckles, fun. Nothing like bleeding on a new bike part to break it in proper.
Put the chain on the largest chainring (if you have more than one) when wrenching to protect yo' knucks.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
It was not installed, just holding in with my hands. For some reason the same guy who gets all happy with pneumatic wrench at the tire place installed the granny gear.
There is a whole subset of our society that believes in sky Jesus and tightening the shit out of bolts so as to render them useless to any further similar application. No matter what data you use to illustrate the foolishness they will refute it and continue to tighten the shit out of all bolts and screws. They vote for Donald Trump and participate in polls also. I believe their mantra is make America great and a screw isn't fully tightened until the head is mangled or the Allen head is rounded out.
If you opened any of their tool boxes you would find a bunch of rounded out 5mm Allen wrenches. Not a hint of a Torque Wrench. Several Buggered Phillips head screwdrivers. Six different kinds of breaker Bars and a unusual amount of Hammers.