Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Two meetings on this academic day but otherwise I'm not planning on doing much at all besides nursing a sore throat. Perhaps I'll read a journal or two to clear off my desk.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
googled it.

very much a white person / masshole boat. it suits you perfectly.
Except mines entirely battleship grey with no mahogany brightwork other than the windshield. More wife beater than blue blazer. It looks like a PT boat.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Seattle rainyness is largely a fairy tail to keep Californians away. In other words: Yes it always rains in Seattle, never stops, ever.
I lived at the edge of the Olympic Rain forest which sees more rain than Seattle, the environment there is built around rain so it's no big deal, you can trail ride year round with the right equipment, rain never stopped me or any biker I knew from hitting the trails.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I lived at the edge of the Olympic Rain forest which sees more rain than Seattle, the environment there is built around rain so it's no big deal, you can trail ride year round with the right equipment, rain never stopped me or any biker I knew from hitting the trails.
This is how I remember it. I don't think it actually rains there. :D

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Just got a note from my son's school that he's being an asshole. he's been an asshole at home for the last couple of weeks too, so I'm not surprised. I guess he's gonna have to have some asshole-related consequences... including a long sit-down discussion about his feelings. if that doesn't make him think twice about not being an asshole, I don't know what will.

I blame Redbull TV and their coverage of the Cairns WC. His assholiness started right after hearing all that cussing.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
blew the whole morning taking the 6yo to an orientation at his new school for next year. It's the same one that his big brother already goes to, so needless to say, the parent part was useless. I wish I'd spiked my coffee.

Now trying to power the eff through my to do list so that I can leave without too much guilt at 4:00 to hit a local brewery on the way home.

In other news, our cat, which enjoys killing things and usually litters our front and back yard with dead voles, and the occasional chipmunk or bird, scored his biggest kill yet last night, depositing a good sized rabbit on our doormat. Scared the crap out of the wife when she opened the door thing morning. :rofl:

Last edited:
Here. Spent yesterday doing spring cleaning of Wifey's office, including "financial documents" and misc house ppwk.

I found five checks that hadn't been deposited, so I am assuming that Wifey decided the house needed to be cleaned and just threw all of the "to-do" mail into a stack in the office without telling me. Thankfully the only one that wasn't out of deposit range was a $50 check from my grandparents for Haley that was two years old. I'm not going to call and get that reissued; calling it a stupid tax.

Otherwise, work.
I had a small stack of EE bonds that matured this week. In digging for them, I found a bunch of cash and ancient travelers checks that Hilarie must have stashed away about the time the bonds were purchased. Old-fashioned twenty dollar bills. Plus a two dollar bill.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
blew the whole morning taking the 6yo to an orientation at his new school for next year. It's the same one that his big brother already goes to, so needless to say, the parent part was useless. I wish I'd spiked my coffee.

Now trying to power the eff through my to do list so that I can leave without too much guilt at 4:00 to hit a local brewery on the way home.

In other news, our cat, which enjoys killing things and usually litters our front and back yard with dead voles, and the occasional chipmunk or bird, scored his biggest kill yet last night, depositing a good sized rabbit on our doormat. Scared the crap out of the wife when she opened the door thing morning. :rofl:
Sydasti frothing in... 3... 2... 1...

:D

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Went on a couple dates, listened to some raucous metal, bought a new-to-me Hawaiian shirt, skied powder, drank beer, napped.

#notabadweekend

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Indeed - it is almost European in that regard.

And the North Cascades. Fuck. :drool:

I still couldn't deal with the shitty weather. But I'm soft.
Annacortes isn't too far away and it is practically a desert. A desert with a shit ton of trails. Then there is the actual desert side. Also trending global warming has brought warmer dryer winters to the area.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Is it silk?

Oh - and fuck you on the rest of that shit. :mad:

Well - except for the dating part - I'm not interested in that. :D
It's some sort of non-breathable synthetic... and it's glorious. Oh, did I forget to mention that I also got lei'd? :D

The metal-listening and some of the beer-drinking happened at TRVE Brewing... I told @Acadian if he ever visits Denver this is where he needs to go. Basically winning at the flight beer selection form thingy:

Ordering a beer in the voice of the metal singer you deem most appropriate for the chosen beer is good fun as well. My favorite was ordering the "Cursed" (a slightly sour affair) in the voice of King Diamond.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just got a note from my son's school that he's being an asshole. he's been an asshole at home for the last couple of weeks too, so I'm not surprised. I guess he's gonna have to have some asshole-related consequences... including a long sit-down discussion about his feelings. if that doesn't make him think twice about not being an asshole, I don't know what will.

I blame Redbull TV and their coverage of the Cairns WC. His assholiness started right after hearing all that cussing.
He probably just needs some more exercise. Have him split a few cords of wood.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
It's some sort of non-breathable synthetic... and it's glorious. Oh, did I forget to mention that I also got lei'd? :D

The metal-listening and some of the beer-drinking happened at TRVE Brewing... I told @Acadian if he ever visits Denver this is where he needs to go. Basically winning at the flight beer selection form thingy:

Ordering a beer in the voice of the metal singer you deem most appropriate for the chosen beer is good fun as well. My favorite was ordering the "Cursed" (a slightly sour affair) in the voice of King Diamond.
A ha! I know where I need to go when I'm in Denver next month. Although I am a bit disappoint, son, with the overabundance of IPAs and the lack of stouts.

You really should have been a parent. Have you considered adoption?
Hey, hey, hey . . . get in line. If things work out right I can convince him to pick up my two hellions on his way out west. I'm going to propose a trade for his dog. He can even let them ride in a cage on top of his car, Mitt Romney-style.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Did lots of Dad stuff this weekend.

Science museum

Took the boys to an open house at the local concrete plant

it was a little crowded...

So we left... It took me a while to realize he wasn't just really fascinated by the pedals and trying to lean over to have a better look... Was a decent pedal to get the legs moving. Probably powering an extra 100 lbs around...trailer weighs a ton. It was free, so I won't complain.

But the weather was terrible

And I put in my new headset bearings. The fancy SS ones... Maybe I'll get to ride my mtb one of these days...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This is a video of a grip of roadies stacking up on top of each other at high speed. It made my morning that much better so I'm sharing with you guys, but I'm dumb and can't figure out how to embed FB videos so you'll have to click on the link like a goon.

https://www.facebook.com/dafne.fixed/videos/471001146419230/

Anyone wanna show me how it's done? The video embed feature clearly says FB videos are ok.
motorcycle man is done.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A ha! I know where I need to go when I'm in Denver next month. Although I am a bit disappoint, son, with the overabundance of IPAs and the lack of stouts.

Hey, hey, hey . . . get in line. If things work out right I can convince him to pick up my two hellions on his way out west. I'm going to propose a trade for his dog. He can even let them ride in a cage on top of his car, Mitt Romney-style.
I am hauling the 17 ft kayak on the roof again. They could sit in it and pretend to paddle.