Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
A ha! I know where I need to go when I'm in Denver next month. Although I am a bit disappoint, son, with the overabundance of IPAs and the lack of stouts.
Give a shout when you're here and we'll give you the 'monkey welcome. Ride Bikes, Drink Beer, Go F--- Yourself. That sort of thing. And "where are the stouts and porters?" was pretty much what @Acadian said... cruising their beer list it seems that while they have brewed some darker stuff it's not their current focus. In addition to IPAs and Pales, there's a lot of Belgian, Saison, Farmhouse and the like on tap at the moment.

http://trvebrewing.com/ontap/
https://untappd.com/trvebrewing/beer

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Give a shout when you're here and we'll give you the 'monkey welcome. Ride Bikes, Drink Beer, Go F--- Yourself. That sort of thing. And "where are the stouts and porters?" was pretty much what @Acadian said... cruising their beer list it seems that while they have brewed some darker stuff it's not their current focus.
It's almost summer. Nobody drinks porters and stouts in the summer. :disgust1:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
He probably just needs some more exercise. Have him split a few cords of wood.
actually, the school says he's tired a lot... lying down and sleeping whenever there's quiet time. I think we'll actually try putting him to sleep earlier... but yeah, outdoor time is also key to a full, restful night.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Don't get me wrong, I like my ipas . . . but I also like my stouts, dammit! Plus, it's still snowing there. That makes it still legit stout season!

yes yes yes.
I had the chance to try a variety of stouts this weekend. and to me they pretty much all have that distinct "i just vomited in my mouth a little bit" taste to them. do not like. Swung by this place: http://beaus.ca/ on my way to my brother in laws to celebrate his 40th and picked up a few of their stouts as I know he's into them...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
At an alarming rate. His giant head has plenty of them though. Hopefully his balance improves quickly enough to catch up.
Perhaps it isn't a balance issue but the giant head making him top heavy. Have you tried lead weights around his ankles?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
First ride on the new hardtail was exactly as expected, I love to climb and there is no substitute for power transfer. The 2014 Sid will be my 3rd in about 15 years, the latest one definitely is more stiff out of the box and it seems like I will actually make use of the 100MM on XC trails. My old one is simply worn out so it's not a fair comparision. This bike has XT instead of Sram X1, I thought I'd need double crank rings but with the wide range cassette I really dont.

Anyhow the price was right, $2,400 delivered. Good times. :)

Not every monkies cup of tea but a good solid ride I'm sure to get 10 years out of. It's how I roll.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
If you are not running a dropper and need the extra space on the handlebar then this setup is brilliant the front derailleur is not so bad and everything is interchangeable between the two new bikes.

I love short stems and long handlebars. Makes me ride better.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I did about 5 minutes of productive work today while in my office. Namely I submitted my vacation requests for the next quarter before leaving at 3 and washing my car.

Now our dinner guests are gone, dishwasher is running, and the Roomba is tidying up. Time for Game of Thrones.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Perhaps it isn't a balance issue but the giant head making him top heavy. Have you tried lead weights around his ankles?
Orange on a toothpick. He probably has better balance anticipation than most... The problem is overcoming the momentum that huge cranium's got behind it.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I sued my Cousin and won today. She agreed to arbitration. And I won. Now finally these shitbirds will leave me alone. Check hits my account on the 11th. Fuck you Canada!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Orange on a toothpick. He probably has better balance anticipation than most... The problem is overcoming the momentum that huge cranium's got behind it.

He is a non-linear non-minimum phase system. He needs to implement a feed forward command output to remain in control across his full range of motion. Explain this to him and I am sure he will figure it out.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
just invited nascar driver jimmy johnson to come ride the non-imba style local trails that i build and favor; and also to experience wilson creek. i hope i don't take him somewhere that he wrecks, injures himself, and misses races, thus sparking the anger of nascar fans everywhere....