Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Family bike ride yesterday afternoon with the wifey and mini-me to enjoy the nice weather. Towing around a 40lb toddler in a bike trailer makes the simple hills that much more epic.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Sigh. I forgot until this morning that this is the lost week. Training this morning and all day Tuesday through Thursday. At least I have a Moab trip to look forward to this upcoming weekend although unfortunately no biking will be involved.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies, still windy and cool but not much rain is expected. Riding should return to normal by the end of the week. Also did a sleep study last night, turns out I know how to sleep just not very well. Still tired. 4 rehab sessions left.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Lots of riding and hiking = toasted legs, not like IRB "lots", but lots
Weather is waaaaay too nice to not be outside.

Also, Comrade Brewing Yank Tank Session IPA is delicious.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
back is doing better, thanks for asking. went climbing over the weekend and it didn't hurt, still sore + lots of stretching, but i think i'll be back riding this upcoming weekend. gonna try to climb at least twice this week, maybe some trainer time.

folks were in town over the weekend. got a new storm door installed, finished laying stone around a garden planter w/ the help of my dad, and planted some dahlias for the wife. Finally mowed the lawn and got a haircut. Drank some tasty beers. Hop Nosh Tangerine is pretty darn good.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Rode farther/climbed more than I have in months last night. All on dirt roads mostly but that's the ticket until the arm/shoulder tell me it's ok.

I figure by the end of summer I'll be back to boosting doubles.

Cutting out of work early to build bicycle trails. Yippee oh boy

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Missed out on a good ride and new trail this weekend as I was sick but did get to ride with the boys and eat some amazing fresh Sushi at our friends house. Helps to have Japanese friends.

Also managed to get my sons new bike tuned. Had to go back to Youtube to remember the rear derailleur adjustments tricks. I wish there were cool 24' mtb when I was a kid that would have made riding more fun for sure.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Missed out on a good ride and new trail this weekend as I was sick but did get to ride with the boys and eat some amazing fresh Sushi at our friends house. Helps to have Japanese friends.

Also managed to get my sons new bike tuned. Had to go back to Youtube to remember the rear derailleur adjustments tricks. I wish there were cool 24' mtb when I was a kid that would have made riding more fun for sure.
must have missed it, what'd you wind up getting?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Tried to sleep in due to day off and was only semi successful.

Might venture out for a short bike ride and then grab stuff for tacos tonight.

My legs are absolutely hammered from the last few days of riding.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Decent workout this morning due to only one ride this weekend. 15 minutes each on the eliptical and rowing machines, 25 minutes on the treadmill at a 12 minute pace... need to save legs for a potential afternoon ride today. Finally dropped below 175 again, don't know Eric does it so fast.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Mornin....errr.......Afternoon. Small one (aka Alex) turned 4 yesterday! I am not sure how that happened, but she's 4!!!!!! Many beers with family & friends to celebrate and far too much bouncing on the trampoline for this mamma. I'm officially beat.

13 more days with students to torture then proctoring exams for another 10 before I'm outta here for a MUCH needed vacation!

did you partake in dirt fest or no?
Not much, too fucking wet to ride. Drove over Friday, set up camp. went over to the event, met friends, pouring rain started at midnight and continued forever. Hit the fest again, dredged vehicles out of deep mud in parking lot, bailed for NJ based on weather and available trails. Ugly drive from Hesston to Hillsborough. Grabbed a motel, ate, slept, and rode at Sourlands, then drove north for six hours to get home.

Mornin....errr.......Afternoon. Small one (aka Alex) turned 4 yesterday! I am not sure how that happened, but she's 4!!!!!! Many beers with family & friends to celebrate and far too much bouncing on the trampoline for this mamma. I'm officially beat.

13 more days with students to torture then proctoring exams for another 10 before I'm outta here for a MUCH needed vacation!
I waved when I went by last night.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Not much, too fucking wet to ride. Drove over Friday, set up camp. went over to the event, met friends, pouring rain started at midnight and continued forever. Hit the fest again, dredged vehicles out of deep mud in parking lot, bailed for NJ based on weather and available trails. Ugly drive from Hesston to Hillsborough. Grabbed a motel, ate, slept, and rode at Sourlands, then drove north for six hours to get home.
gotcha. i must've missed it. our only heavy rain was saturday evening.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
At my "goal check-in":

Boss: "If new equipment design projects came up outside of our group, would you be interested in working on them?"
Me: "1,000%"
Boss: *Blank stare with undertones of sadness*

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Probably should have picked a different spot to ride, there are more cars parked here than I've ever seen.

And most don't have bike racks, so I'm guessing it'll be one of those dodging city slickers on single track days.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Back to work after a week off with the family. So much sadness. Wife has three months with the new baby. Then we get to suck it up and make the equivalent of a new Audi R8 payment for day care every month. It's no coincidence sports cars don't have four seats.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yep.....trails were packed with city folk and their dogs. You can tell a city dog from a dog that actually sees trails more than 3 times per year; they actually give you a little space on the trail. Same thing with the hikers, making me ride off into the bush while you just stand there in the middle of the trail isn't sharing. Same thing with the bikers, I had to veer off into the rhubarb to give these two dentists the entire width of the trail or they would have just hit me. And I was going up...

Its odd how kids almost always get out of the way, but their parents just stand there like a chipmunk on a log.

Anyways, end rant, I have tacos to make.

On a side note, the last two times I've ridden this particular forest, I've tried a new line on a wide fast down-up gully section. Been riding there for 15 years and only just realized/tried jumping over the roots going back UP the gully......so much smoother and the bumps don't sap so much speed. Who woulda thought, eh? :brow:

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Yep.....trails were packed with city folk and their dogs. You can tell a city dog from a dog that actually sees trails more than 3 times per year; they actually give you a little space on the trail. Same thing with the hikers, making me ride off into the bush while you just stand there in the middle of the trail isn't sharing. Same thing with the bikers, I had to veer off into the rhubarb to give these two dentists the entire width of the trail or they would have just hit me. And I was going up...

Its odd how kids almost always get out of the way, but their parents just stand there like a chipmunk on a log.

Anyways, end rant, I have tacos to make.

On a side note, the last two times I've ridden this particular forest, I've tried a new line on a wide fast down-up gully section. Been riding there for 15 years and only just realized/tried jumping over the roots going back UP the gully......so much smoother and the bumps don't sap so much speed. Who woulda thought, eh? :brow:
Have you ever thought of getting a dingy bell? I rarely have trouble with Canadians on the trails around here.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Have you ever thought of getting a dingy bell? I rarely have trouble with Canadians on the trails around here.
It's not that they don't see or hear me, they just don't give a shit about sharing the trail.

These are the same people that pick up their dog's crap, put it in a bag, and then hang it from a tree. Or bring coffee cups into the forest and leave the cups behind logs where they think no one will see it.

Toronto sucks.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
It's not that they don't see or hear me, they just don't give a shit about sharing the trail.

These are the same people that pick up their dog's crap, put it in a bag, and then hang it from a tree. Or bring coffee cups into the forest and leave the cups behind logs where they think no one will see it.

Toronto sucks.
I think your situation may call for an enduro bell, I've got nothing but rain so I'll google for you.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ride today was meh. I feel like I'm fighting off what the little one had yesterday. But a ride is a ride... On the other hand, trail conditions were great and the slaughter was great. It's amazing how much difference rolling speed can make while riding. In all situations except for full on grind it out climbs it's like having an extra gear. Cresting climbs it makes a big difference too. Instead of loosing all your speed, it carries you over the crest and allows you to roll on. Went on super easy on my spank oozy 295 rim too. Seated it with the compressor first try, then put Stan's in, and it held air totally overnight. Nice.