Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
too much productivity and not enough play this weekend. of course the upside is that a lot of my play stuff is now repaired!

4 day work week for me. Going to spend next weekend in LA with my dad on fathers day. at 93 I never know if he is going to be around for the next one, quality time with him is important, I wish I didn't live over 300 miles away..

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
too much productivity and not enough play this weekend. of course the upside is that a lot of my play stuff is now repaired!

4 day work week for me. Going to spend next weekend in LA with my dad on fathers day. at 93 I never know if he is going to be around for the next one, quality time with him is important, I wish I didn't live over 300 miles away..
93 is awesome, hopefully your tents and MIL will enjoy similar longevity...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Good ride yesterday, still sore and noticed it running up the stairs at work. I'm pretty sure that I won't be doing my race next weekend, as my knee still hurts and the ride made it abundantly clear that I am fat and out of shape.

Planning on riding in tomorrow and Thursday, weather dependent. Wifey is doing her first layoff this morning and she's definitely not looking forward to it. There will probably be a scotch on the desk by 9am.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
'squeeb: were you busy after all at work yesterday or was it management crying wolf?

I am overly pink from the sun today. Lesson learned: half-white is still white enough to burn under the strong day star of Colorado.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
'squeeb: were you busy after all at work yesterday or was it management crying wolf?

Nothing apparently. Should have remembered the 45 minute cool down rule before I packed all my crap. Road trips get cancelled 95% of the time within the hour. There was a phone call for one to Springfield MO this morning too that got canceled before I even made it into work.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Roached another XO1 crank arm yesterday when I slammed it into a sniper rock hidden in grass on side of trail at speed. Alu pedal insert exposed and mauled, but it looks sound enough to ride for a while.
2nd pair in as many months, time to go back to aluminum cranks but I havent missed bending cranks like I did in the past. #lowbbproblems.

Other than that (which I didn't see to I got home), great ride at a place I used to ride often but moved on from.
Lots of burly new trails and lines and the place has opened up enough that you can carry stupid amounts of speed now.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Bit of a bummer of a weekend. GF and I drove down to CT Saturday morning to pick up a 7mo bernedoodle we found on Craiglist, as the family stated they couldn't give him the time he deserved due to their work/children situation. Named him Hendrix and fell in love with the little bastard instantly. Got a text late that night from the family saying they made a giant mistake, had been a wreck all day and already changed their work schedule to make more time for him. They asked if we would consider giving him back, which we did the next morning. GF took it a lot harder than I did and was in tears most of the day. But knowing how they clearly felt made it a pretty easy decision to return him to his family. I just hope they took this to heart and treat him how he should be treated.
Hendrix.jpg

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

Nothing apparently. Should have remembered the 45 minute cool down rule before I packed all my crap. Road trips get cancelled 95% of the time within the hour. There was a phone call for one to Springfield MO this morning too that got canceled before I even made it into work.
So you didn't go? If you did, eat at Sweet Melissa's. Sweet Potato & Black bean burrito, served nacho style.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Good ride yesterday, despite the wasp attack. That will teach me to stop and help the trail builders...

Afterward headed over and mowed the lawn at the house,then surveyed the progress on the renos. It's looking pretty demolished...

Currently making my regular blood donation, as should you.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Crabby Joe it takes a big heart to take in a dog and an even bigger one to be able to give one back... What a sh!tty situation though.

Finally made it back on here, been cruising by my email notifications as work has been insane, and the 9 year old is fun and time consuming :) He scored 5 goals in his soccer game yesterday, and 3 of them were against the 14 year old coach's daughter (not enough kids to make teams this week), who grew up playing competitively! So proud of my rock star!

Speaking of whom, another parenting/family question--you guys are so good at these! :D Say you have a relative you got along great with and were close to, and then you found out something that makes you not trust them/want to be around them/etc. to save the frustration and heartache. Say this is an in-law :-)doh:I know). Would you allow your child to have sleepovers with someone you don't trust? Ready go!

Not much in other news, miss you guys! I'll keep trying to check in!! xoxo:cheers:

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
I did manage to create a new walkway to my house on friday night. My wife ran the wheel barrow while I dug up all of the shitty grass/weeds. Got it all prepped by 7 and decided to just finish it that night. I can't shovel like I used too. Sore and tired on Sat. am.

walkaway.jpg

After and before snip'd from her Instagram

Did a mega local loop yesterday with the locals. Rain on us quite a bit, but we finished with cheeseburgers and beers.

Bikes again tonight. Why not 'eh?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I did manage to create a new walkway to my house on friday night. My wife ran the wheel barrow while I dug up all of the shitty grass/weeds. Got it all prepped by 7 and decided to just finish it that night. I can't shovel like I used too. Sore and tired on Sat. am.

View attachment 122595
After and before snip'd from her Instagram

Did a mega local loop yesterday with the locals. Rain on us quite a bit, but we finished with cheeseburgers and beers.

Bikes again tonight. Why not 'eh?
Prepare to pull weeds. My walkways were usually more verdant than my lawn or gardens.