Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Agreed.

How's the back-stabby relationship with co-workers going, skibunny?
That's how I feel about the relative. Hubby doesn't share my opinion of the person though, so it gets all twisted. Just want to be sure that I'm not out of line with my thoughts given what I know. Sorry to be so vague, but.. ya know?

Oh man good stuff. After 6 months the GM corners me because she just found out the co-worker with same title has been talking about how this is a competition for the promotion and has gone to HR to confirm, and all sorts of tidbits she has shared. I was looking for another position and she was overly interested, and kept saying she was leaving too... Basically it turns out she was trying to push me out so she would get the promotion. HOWEVER. GM stepped in and said absolutely not! We are on track for the same promotion at different buildings, and I'm still on the same track I laid out when hired. So HA! I'm good here. Too much paperwork and procedures with the new company, but in the end it's all good and keeps me busy!!

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
I did manage to create a new walkway to my house on friday night. My wife ran the wheel barrow while I dug up all of the shitty grass/weeds. Got it all prepped by 7 and decided to just finish it that night. I can't shovel like I used too. Sore and tired on Sat. am.

View attachment 122595
After and before snip'd from her Instagram

Did a mega local loop yesterday with the locals. Rain on us quite a bit, but we finished with cheeseburgers and beers.

Bikes again tonight. Why not 'eh?
New door or did you paint it?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
That's how I feel about the relative. Hubby doesn't share my opinion of the person though, so it gets all twisted. Just want to be sure that I'm not out of line with my thoughts given what I know. Sorry to be so vague, but.. ya know?
I would say it depends on what the potential consequences are. if it's that jr gets to watch lots of TV and eat chips, then maybe it's worth giving in to preserve marital bliss, but if the consequences are potentially more severe/traumatic, then no.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I will not banish my staff to another dimension.

I might banish my staff to another dimension.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Ha that they not help. I think they are humans with ADHD.

On a positive note I am getting some money from the insurance company from when I got doored by a cab driver last year.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I share the weed woes! Why must they love the gravel so? And my lawn. GET OFF MY LAWN!
While we are on the subject.... Best tool for pesky dandelions in your lawn:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I did that for a long time until it caused me to become anemic. Discovered the condition when I was about to make a donation. The combination of the condition and ARC's way of announcing it has stopped me from donating again, even though the anemia is long gone.
I'm on far too many drugs at this point but did bank my own blood prior to surgery just in case I became a bleeder, it went to waste.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Aaaaaaaaand it's pouring. Hail should be arriving shortly. At 11:30 in the morning. :think:
Aaaaaaaaaand I managed to squeak out a luke warm lap* Mountain Lion before the downpour. Oh, and a shuttle on the Longest of Horns. And then beer.

:headbang:

Surprise airplane!
Probably better than surprise butt sex, right?

*Riding with a buddy's wife, it was her first time. We told her it'd only hurt for a bit, right at first.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Some days, you plan to go just for a quick spin, but soon you realize you're in the wave, floating over rocks, giggling like a mad man. Dirt was hero, too.

#coolstorybro

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Always

Why do I keep finding contractors who will not finish the work they have agreed to finish. They always start out being super friendly and then they just slack off more and more.

Because that is what contractors do. Took 2 months for a painter I hired to finish a job in which he did 90% of the work the first day.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Almost a month at the new job and I still don't really know what my job responsibilities are. Today my boss clarified things a little bit and told me that I am going to be an engineering technical lead for the lead engineers. This is kind of hilarious because the only thing I have ever led is a race. About all I have going for me here is that all the other engineers seem to be very myopic and I really do think I have a good understanding of the big picture.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
Always

Why do I keep finding contractors who will not finish the work they have agreed to finish. They always start out being super friendly and then they just slack off more and more.
remember contractor starts with con i deal with them every day all day hold the last 20-30% of their money until your satisfied

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Almost a month at the new job and I still don't really know what my job responsibilities are. Today my boss clarified things a little bit and told me that I am going to be an engineering technical lead for the lead engineers. This is kind of hilarious because the only thing I have ever led is a race. About all I have going for me here is that all the other engineers seem to be very myopic and I really do think I have a good understanding of the big picture.
Congratulations on your middle management position. :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Man, tonight's ride was awesome. I went to the spot that I save for the weekends, because you can easily spend 4-6 hours out there. Just straight up yolo'd down the trails and got a little too zesty in one or three spots.

But goddamn are the trails in PERFECT shape right now. Loose in the right spots and tacky in the other spots.

Ran into some trail gnomes tonight, too. They were elbows deep in the rhubarb halfway down a ridge. I yelled at them and asked what's up and offered a beer, but they didn't seem too happy.....or maybe they were also elbows deep in the mobile bong shed.

ALSO, found a "secret" trail. Buddy pointed it out yesterday, and yep, it's a winner. I didn't ride down it as it was getting dark and I wasn't sure which valley it ventured down. BUT, berm after berm after berm with a few "things" tossed in for fun.

/end story.

Note to self: must wash gloves. I think they are even keeping the mosquitos at bay.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Because they don't know their numbers and would be upside down on your job if they continue working on it.
What was the main motivator for hiring them?