Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Roached another XO1 crank arm yesterday when I slammed it into a sniper rock hidden in grass on side of trail at speed. Alu pedal insert exposed and mauled, but it looks sound enough to ride for a while.
2nd pair in as many months, time to go back to aluminum cranks but I havent missed bending cranks like I did in the past. #lowbbproblems.
This affirms my fear of riding carbon cranks on a low-slack bike.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Went to a local flow/esay™ trail just to piddle around for a bit and wound up having a nice conversation with a very cool, retired female XC pro. Always appreciate it when I meet someone on the trail who isn't way too serious.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@stoney - you guys are gonna get pasted shortly. As are we... Holy crap. :panic:
Rain, but the storm missed us. We were watching the storm go by about a mile NW; it looked serious. Did discover that one of our gutters was damaged in the last storm. Water is draining down the side of the house instead of the gutters. And of course, it's on the portion of the roof 25' up.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rain, but the storm missed us. We were watching the storm go by about a mile NW; it looked serious. Did discover that one of our gutters was damaged in the last storm. Water is draining down the inside of the house instead of the gutters. And of course, it's on the portion of the roof 25' up.
Fixed that for you. Large eaves rule.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
This affirms my fear of riding carbon cranks on a low-slack bike.
I had no issues for 18mo and my last pair, while looking like they'd been through a wood chipper, functioned fine.
The internal splines failed on those, not carbon related.

This new damage, yes, I agree.
The pedal also took a massive hit and in the past I would expect a bent crank, which used to happen to me.
Issue with my RF atlas pedals (which take enormous abuse without complaint) is that the end bearing is too large to work with sram crank boots. You can make them fit, but it requires dremeling the hole bigger and they rip off.
I also ride 175s which doesn't help the situation.

I think I'm going to give the Hope cranks a try when these shit the bed, but the means new king bb.
Looking for more stiffness than the xos have, too.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Rain, but the storm missed us. We were watching the storm go by about a mile NW; it looked serious.
It was - turned to hail about 7pm, right near the end.
Did discover that one of our gutters was damaged in the last storm. Water is draining down the side of the house instead of the gutters. And of course, it's on the portion of the roof 25' up.
I discovered my gutters are full of $hit. I noticed due to:

1) The water running over the side of the gutter
2) The weeds growing IN the gutter at the corner

:rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It was - turned to hail about 7pm, right near the end.

I discovered my gutters are full of $hit. I noticed due to:

1) The water running over the side of the gutter
2) The weeds growing IN the gutter at the corner

:rofl:
I wish that was the case. I can see the separation from the house and bend out of the gutter. I'll try to get up and check it, but it's at the part of the roof that's hardest to access.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Because they don't know their numbers and would be upside down on your job if they continue working on it.
What was the main motivator for hiring them?
I had to have a custom cabinet build and installed.

Impossible for them to be upside down on the job. I have crunched the numbers.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I've got a 22 foot Little Giant if you want to drive halfway across town to borrow it. :D