Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Rained all day yesterday here. Did a few wet laps on some private trails. Took Jr to the Planetarium in the afternoon and fill my growler while I was out.

Suns out today so we should have some hero dirt by the time I get out of work to ride. Hurry up 4.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Went riding yesterday morning with a fellow monkey. Hit up Bay Park West and checked out the couple new trails. Then spent the rest of the day doing yard work and picking up the house since the in-laws are coming in town on Wednesday.

I am le tired.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Weekend of BMX state qualifier races in the Finger Lakes region of NY...racing, crazy weather, 5 boys reeking havoc in the hotel's pool/hot tub, parents drinking too much beer in said hot tub, etc. Kiddo did his 1st race in his upped proficiently level (intermediate). He got smoked Saturday in Horseheads, but made his main on Sunday in Owego. He also got bumped up an age group as there were no 8 year olds. Dad made both mains & got killed in HH but benefited from said national caliber dudes not knowing how to ride early 80's style dirt berms on Sunday (aka, you two lost traction & crashed so I got 2nd). Tired, yo.

Kiddo waiting out the rain yesterday at Champion Speedway BMX:

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The current wildfire up north started by camping drifters from Alabama. :disgust1:
The one up by the Wyoming border that started a while ago or is there a new one?

Edit: I see you meant the new one near Ned

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Weekend of BMX state qualifier races in the Finger Lakes region of NY...racing, crazy weather, 5 boys reeking havoc in the hotel's pool/hot tub, parents drinking too much beer in said hot tub, etc. Kiddo did his 1st race in his upped proficiently level (intermediate). He got smoked Saturday in Horseheads on Sat, but made his main on Sunday in Owego. He also got bumped up an age group as there were no 8 year olds. Dad made both mains & got killed in HH but benefited from said national caliber dudes not knowing how to ride early 80's style dirt berms on Sunday (aka, you two lost traction & crashed so I got 2nd). Tired, yo.

Kiddo waiting out the rain yesterday at Champion Speedway BMX:
What do you feed him, I can see his rib cage?!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
More landscaping work in the rain this past weekend, which was about the only notable event to occur. Couple more small things and I will have completely redone the entire property.

Jeep seat covers are finally out for delivery today, after an incident where the mfg forgot to ship them the first time around, noticed only when I called then when the tracking number said "not found" for the 4th day in a row. PS - FedEx blows. Mid-shipment (from CA to MA), it took 5 days to go from OH to CT, WTF?

Other than that, I have a severe case of FTS today.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Ushered in 30 with style this past weekend with camping, dogs, and guns. Even though we didn't really do anything notable a few days in the woods sure beats staying down here in the sauna that was Denver.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Holy fuck am I tired. Kid 1 woke up at midnight with nightmares. kid 2 woke up at 2: 15 because.... ? Wife had to wake up at 5:15 to catch a flight to Paraguay. But that didn't matter as I was not able to go back to sleep after kid#2 because I'm stressing over work. Now I can't think straight caus' I'm deliriously tired. I hate self-fulfilling prophesies...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Got the lady a car, damn near clone of her company car, only better color and no sunroof. I've never been a fan of the whole car buying process, but from what I heard about Car Max, it actually wasn't bad. Problem was they didn't have what we wanted, so the lady wanted to go the last place she got the company ride serviced since they were nice. Went online, filled out the credit app and stuff, then got an email from a gal at the dealership. She said "If you have a few in mind, send me the VIN's and we will have them ready for you." Wow, this might not be so bad.

Sent them 4 VIN's, 2 RAV4's and 2 CRV's. She writes back that we will meet with "Chris" at 1:30. Got there at 1:15, some dude started to help us, next thing I know they have my lady doing all the damn paperwork again. :rofl: What is the point of doing it online if you have to do it again. Then they didn't have 3 of the 4 we sent them (said they didn't have a chance to grab them) so why the hell did we drive all the way to SE? We could have walked in anywhere off the street and had the same damn experience.

I was ready to walk, she wanted to just get it over with. Ended up with a very nice ride for less than book and even got her a good interest rate. She made them throw in the all weather mats, too. :rofl: Car shopping sucks.

/coolstorybro

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Turns out 30 miles and 5K is pretty rough on an old man. Sore, tired, and hungry this morning.

For @CrabJoe StretchPants - baby-ass smooth Colorado singletrack:

Standard ho-hum Colorado landscape shot:

The "Cross" is in good this year on Mt of the Holy Cross:

The Line Shack:

The descent down Whisky Creek from here was just killer-good with lush foliage, dark woods, gobs of roots and rocks.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Turns out 30 miles and 5K is pretty rough on an old man. Sore, tired, and hungry this morning.

For @CrabJoe StretchPants - baby-ass smooth Colorado singletrack:

Standard ho-hum Colorado landscape shot:

The "Cross" is in good this year on Mt of the Holy Cross:

The Line Shack:

The descent down Whisky Creek from here was just killer-good with lush foliage, dark woods, gobs of roots and rocks.
old man reputation spread...even with the busted ass links...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. I have Haley solo this week, so yeah fun.

Saturday I managed to squeeze in a dirt jumping morning at Valmont. The SB is very hard to jump on. Rest of the day was wasted at birthday parties for Haley's friends. I really hate parents who think that their princess deserves her own party, when the other kids having a party the same down are all down to join up together. Haley's party had two other kids, because it sucks to spend a weekend at parties. Not this princess though. The other parents asked and pushed to merge, but no. They also planned it in the hottest part of the day during nap time for the entire class. Saturday evening was a shit show because of it. The half+ that didn't show up did it right.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
How much would it be worth an airline for a 3-d laser scanner that could map and quantity dents?
Not at all related, but we'd once built a gas catalytic infrared curing oven large enough to park a freshly painted railway tank car inside. /coolstorybro

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I get to do the epic drive down and back for mom's 80th this weekend. Sad reality being there won't be too many more of these trips. :(
you might be surprised...my remaining grandmother is 92 and in relatively good health...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
HBD Steve.

Just dropped off the rental minivan downtown. Seattle traffic is definitely worse than when we left two years ago, and it was no peach back then.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Morning Monkeys.
Car shopping sucks.

/coolstorybro
Did you get a BUMPER TO BUMPER warranty? :brows::busted:

Holy fuck am I tired. Kid 1 woke up at midnight with nightmares. kid 2 woke up at 2: 15 because.... ? Wife had to wake up at 5:15 to catch a flight to Paraguay. But that didn't matter as I was not able to go back to sleep after kid#2 because I'm stressing over work. Now I can't think straight caus' I'm deliriously tired. I hate self-fulfilling prophesies...
Sounds like its time to ride!