Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Spent all day yesterday at a charity Foot Golf tournament (basically golf but your kicking a soccer ball). Drank several brews, absorbed lots of sunshine, and had tons of fun. My hips are sore as sh!t this morning. I am le tired but back to the grind.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Dullest state I ever drove across. It made Iowa look exiting.

Back at work after just 18 hours at home from returning from BC. :(

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Going to be a busy week. Spent yesterday evening stripping all the bedding an towels out ot the camper and washing them. tonight It's deep cleaning the camper interior. Going to spend the next few days loading all the stuff back in, putting the Kayaks on the roof, Mt bikes on the back. We leave for Wyoming Friday night. Have to do all of this and to my normal 50 hour work week.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Had much beer last night while making tacos and ended up passing out at probably 8pm. I'll take that as a win.

The dorklogger now reports that I'm averaging three rides per week, even though I've done at least 4 per week over the last month, with 5 rides last week. Need to fix ASAP.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Tired from yesterday's triathlon. Hot, humid, and hilly. It took me 2:38, which was good for 45/210 overall. Top 20% (thereabouts)...I'll take it! The best part of the race was that I was 105/210 in the swim, smack dab in the middle of the pack. HOORAY, I am an AVERAGE swimmer now! :weee: But it is nice to not be last out of the water and have to make up a shitload of time on the bike and run. It's also worth noting that I am in peak training for my Ironman, so I basically did this race tired as hell.

Speaking of training, I was back in the pool this morning for a 4000 yarder. :dead:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Working a few days, then getting away for a few days.

Yesterday's ride on an empty tank has me hurting today. I'll need to spin out my legs later.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Got in a 5k this morning. My legs are still sore from riding with Toshi. That is all.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Decided yesterday would be a good day to try and link up 5 different local trail networks. Then it rained on us for most of it. The sun did come out for the last 1/2 hr. 48 wet miles is a good way to make your under carriage a bit raw.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Rode Blue Mountain Reservation in Peekskill yesterday. The trails are so good. Uninterrupted good flow but plenty of difficult sections so its not a boring flow trail in any way. Good food and beer at the brewery just down the hill from the park made for a good day.

@stosh its a Gary Fisher :banana:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Slept horribly last night, coughing and shit. Thus it was an easy choice to drive in this morning even though I'm on academic time, as I had to be here at 8:30 to interview a fellow candidate.

I have a feeling my day may end early… so that I can go home and nap, perhaps. #excitinglife

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Slept horribly last night, coughing and shit. Thus it was an easy choice to drive in this morning even though I'm on academic time, as I had to be here at 8:30 to interview a fellow candidate.

I have a feeling my day may end early… so that I can go home and nap, perhaps. #excitinglife
i slept great last night. and by slept i meant "blacked out". and by great i meant "on the couch"

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Home from a family camping weekend so today we will swim early then spend the afternoon (rain & tstorms supposed to be rolling in soon) cleaning the camper and doing laundry.

I'm ISO a decent set of disc 24" wheels (hopefully not too heavy) for my daughter. Her bike is getting too small and my old hard tail is just a hair too big so new wheels should be perfect.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Turned down a job offer the other day. Pretty sure I did the right thing 'for now', but can't help but think about that greener grass when you're heading back in to the coal mine.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Must be from eating all of that dust yesterday.:brows:
Heh. It was dusty following down Plymouth Mountain Trail, yes.

i slept great last night. and by slept i meant "blacked out". and by great i meant "on the couch"
I actually slept in the downstairs guest bedroom since I could tell before going to sleep that it wasn't going to be a pretty night.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Made it home from Tahoe in 17 hours, hit the sheets at 4am. Super tired now but need to unpack the truck and run errands and stuff. @Nick when are you gonna try and ride today?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Had much beer last night while making tacos and ended up passing out at probably 8pm. I'll take that as a win.

The dorklogger now reports that I'm averaging three rides per week, even though I've done at least 4 per week over the last month, with 5 rides last week. Need to fix ASAP.
dang son. i average one ride every 2 weeks, not counting putzing around with the kids. i cherish every mile though. dork logger says 17 rides so far this year. more than half in the mountains, though, so there's that...

anniversary today-18 yrs. it'll be low key, as tomorrow is the 10yo's bday.

still drinking coffee.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
dang son. i average one ride every 2 weeks, not counting putzing around with the kids. i cherish every mile though. dork logger says 17 rides so far this year. more than half in the mountains, though, so there's that...

anniversary today-18 yrs. it'll be low key, as tomorrow is the 10yo's bday.

still drinking coffee.
with my kid and job and all i am averaging about a ride a week. i'd like to up that, but i just can't seem to get it together.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I am averaging around 10 rides / 11 days in the past couple of weeks. I am gunning for 300 miles on dirt this month but work and health issues begin to interfere. :dead:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I was thinking after work and the afternoon rain. Maybe 6pm?
Out of town in the big smoke for work this week. I would finally like to do some social riding next week for those who are around and amenable.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
@jstuhlman and @jonKranked I'm pretty sure the doctor recommends more rides per week. For physical and mental health reasons. :headbang:

Do we have a doc in the house that can confirm? :brows:
I'm no doctor, but my physical and mental health skyrocketed the first week after I got laid off. I also started averaging 3-5 rides per week at that time. I mean, that's just anecdotal. YMMV.

I am averaging around 10 rides / 11 days in the past couple of weeks. I am gunning for 300 miles on dirt this month but work and health issues begin to interfere. :dead:
A worthy goal. I dork logged ~280 in the month of June, and I don't even have a job. I'm at ~230 for July so far... and headed to the promised land.

Out of town in the big smoke for work this week. I would finally like to do some social riding next week for those who are around and amenable.
I'm sure this comes as no surprise, but I'll be out of town. Headed to interior BC, finally.

Last edited: