Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I don't know what decide means in my life, but when V and I were last there in 2014, we intended to do Clawhammer/Black Mountain.
Clawhammer is a long ass gravel climb to it's end at Buckhorn Gap. Average time is about an hour. Upper Black Mountain is some true Pisgah gnar at it's finest. The hike a bike section that everyone talks/bitches about requires a grin and bare it attitude, because there is a lot of hiking, a lot. Once to the top the views are well worth it. The descent is rough with countless ruts, surreal root clusters, and even a few rocks. The last part is some new age flow-easy™ nonsense that doesn't resemble anything you just rode. It is however a welcomed break from the previous beating. A Pisgah classic.

I hope to do that after burying uncle Charlie and his daughter Rebecca.
Oh wow, I had no idea. My condolences.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah, I should. My experience on the road is that I wind up passing all these friends, new and old, and manage to stop to visit few. Today I visited my MOL and brought her some goodies, then managed to get here as they were closing the office and it was getting dark and I was getting fried. Drivers on I287 are fucking nuts. That said, it has been a good trip so far.
Just another pin on the map and driveway to park a trailer.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Some idiot from my neighborhood thought it'd be a good idea to drive his ~5 year old kid onto the non-motorized vehicle-only Sand Creek Greenway in a golf cart this afternoon. I asked him what he was doing there and he pointed to his kid. After saying it was a trail for non-motorized vehicles he said "but this has a battery, no motor!"

Uh, no.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Some idiot from my neighborhood thought it'd be a good idea to drive his ~5 year old kid onto the non-motorized vehicle-only Sand Creek Greenway in a golf cart this afternoon. I asked him what he was doing there and he pointed to his kid. After saying it was a trail for non-motorized vehicles he said "but this has a battery, no motor!"

Uh, no.

'Merica
(West Kansas)

Clawhammer is a long ass gravel climb to it's end at Buckhorn Gap. Average time is about an hour. Upper Black Mountain is some true Pisgah gnar at it's finest. The hike a bike section that everyone talks/bitches about requires a grin and bare it attitude, because there is a lot of hiking, a lot. Once to the top the views are well worth it. The descent is rough with countless ruts, surreal root clusters, and even a few rocks. The last part is some new age flow-easy™ nonsense that doesn't resemble anything you just rode. It is however a welcomed break from the previous beating. A Pisgah classic.

Oh wow, I had no idea. My condolences.
I have done the Clawhammer climb twice, and have done the lower section of Black Mountain. Now I want to complete the job.