Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Airports, airplanes, non stop work at a trade show. Enough reasons to get grumpy today. Is it Thursday yet?

Also, friends' cats are not meshing with us. Probably gonna tell him to keep looking for new family or get his shit together and take them with him to his new home.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Day off today. Looks like DH is a write-off thanks to all the rain. Need to find somewhere fresh to ride...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Was supposed to go camping this weekend but it ended up becoming a really long day trip. Went to the Crystal Mill with the wife, ran Lead King Basin to get there. Just as pretty as pictured, probably a few days past the foliage prime but oh well. I was disappointed to see the etiquette of the photographers there who were breaking branches and trampling brush to make sure they got their picture. Shameful.

20161001-DSC_1773_HDR by Tim Souza, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/LRBr1E]20161001-DSC_1856_HDR by Tim Souza, on Flickr[/URL]

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Mornin!

Was supposed to go camping this weekend but it ended up becoming a really long day trip. Went to the Crystal Mill with the wife, ran Lead King Basin to get there. Just as pretty as pictured, probably a few days past the foliage prime but oh well. I was disappointed to see the etiquette of the photographers there who were breaking branches and trampling brush to make sure they got their picture. Shameful.
Leave No Trace.

Unless the shot is compromised. Then go ahead and break shit up to get a nice, clean shot.

People suck.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mornin!

Was supposed to go camping this weekend but it ended up becoming a really long day trip. Went to the Crystal Mill with the wife, ran Lead King Basin to get there.
Wife commented on your picture as we'd been in CB a few weeks ago, I wondered which route you'd taken to get to the Mill.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
dobro godina

Bigger ride yesterday (3k up, 4k down) chased by a few good beers has me tired today.
@stoney stopped by to drop off some wheels to get rebuilt, and his most awesome daughter was riding around my house with NO training wheels, like a boss.
She's a natural; riding inches from the wall on corners, full head turn for turning. This will end awesome, or poorly depending on which parent you ask.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Had an emergency get the f@ck out trip due to the wife not wanting to deal with the neighbor. :rofl:

Spent the weekend in the gorge and finally figured out where the house we took pictures at was on the cliff. When we had our wedding photos done, there was a gazebo in the back yard boult into the side of the cliff. We had looked for it a few times, but finally spotted it yesterday.

You can't see the house, but you can see the awful monster they built next door. It's the white spec on the corner. For reference, here is the view from said gazebo (Washington side looking at Hood):

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
so what are you waiting for?

also, cruiser class = 26". it's filled with old dudes like us.
Me = fat and out of shape. Maybe in another year once she's ready for it. Winter makes for hard getting in time because of the cold.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Me = fat and out of shape. Maybe in another year once she's ready for it. Winter makes for hard getting in time because of the cold.
Your BMX Future (Don't let it happen this you!):

You: fat, lazy, with 26" unrideabru MTB around BMX track, telling kid what to do from behind. You only practice.

Kid: sits down whole lap, while you on the sidelines yell, "PEDAL!!! PEDAL DAMMIT!!!!! (even when kid should be pumping)...OK, this happened to me once...it was a horrible experience, like I became a little league dad out of the 80's.

But seriously, you can race any size bike in Novice class, just no clipless pedals. Give it a try! Many tracks offer beginner clinics nowadays. We found it really helpful.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Your BMX Future (Don't let it happen this you!):

You: fat, lazy, with 26" unrideabru MTB around BMX track, telling kid what to do from behind. You only practice.

Kid: sits down whole lap, while you on the sidelines yell, "PEDAL!!! PEDAL DAMMIT!!!!! (even when kid should be pumping)...OK, this happened to me once...it was a horrible experience, like I became a little league dad out of the 80's.

But seriously, you can race any size bike in Novice class, just no clipless pedals. Give it a try! Many tracks offer beginner clinics nowadays. We found it really helpful.
No clips... But I like clips, because fast!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Ya Jon is correct. Too many 5 year olds wrecking with cleep leees pedalz, so USA BMX released new rule that Novices ride on flats, win 10 races then you can 'clip in'...OR you can race cruiser class and clip in, but that can be competitive, if that matters to you.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Stoney, I'll race BMX with my 5010 on flats if you're also at the starting gate. Hilarity will ensue. :D

I am finally at work. Had lots of non-work shit to get done beforehand, like dropping off Mariko via bike trailer, picking up a pesky registered mail package (new Lake shoes!), and donating the unloved front rack that I unwisely purchased earlier.

Since you all deserve a treat for reading my post thus far, here's my family as of yesterday afternoon. Tripod + 10 second timer + luck + willing to post a shot where Yuna is looking at me instead of the camera:

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Listed my 04 WRX on Craigslist this AM. I have 2 offers from Marine engineers that are out to sea that are willing to pay full price if they can buy it on Pay Pal. Do people really fall for this type of shit?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Moar Lesbaru. Moar gears.

Should be picking this up this week. 2008 Legacy Spec B. Factory 6 sp STI trans with the 2.5T motor.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
No clips... But I like clips, because fast!
:think:

///mountains monday complete. i have no business planning a 30 mile route with 4500' climbing considering my fitness level...but if you don't try you don't get better, eh? great day in the best part of pisgah. overcast. 68*. rode a bit conservatively the last 6 miles after smashing my rear tire on a rock so hard i felt the stans spray the back of my leg. had to install le backup tube.

for those who know wilsons: near the top of bee mtn.

now to shower and rest for a few before going to the parkway drive show. what a great day.