Quantcast

:#:: Monday GMT. ::#:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my pulse from alpine labs finally showed up....will fuck around with it eventually...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Wifey's travel schedule is messing up my training schedule this week and probably next too. I can't wait until Haley's old enough that I can leave her at home while I leave for 45min to workout in the am.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
It's gonna be pretty chilly walking the kids around trick or treating tonight. Luckily, my buddy and I usually make up something a little warming in travel coffee mugs to help take the chill out of the air. Not sure if we're going whiskey or rum tonight...

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Happy Hallow's Eve!

OK weekend - busy and a lot of yelling at/with kids (tension growing toward this kid's national holiday), but on the upside, got in some riding and bike related stuff. Finished work on kids beater BMX( 2003 Diamondback), tried out our new Yess BMX sprint stand and did a fam trail ride at our local new spot.

Also attended kid's Halloween party where kids played and parents indulged in $14.99 a case (steal!) of Smuttynose Octoberfest. Local store was blowing it out to make room for X mas beer...

Sprint Stand:

Benches in the middle of the woods:

Moar Bermz:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
busy weekend too. need moar time to rest.

oct 30 2016 ride.jpg

had a great ride yesterday solo, while two guys from my group exploded their frames on the official group ride.

as I was locking my bike up this morning, I noticed some dogshit on my tire. Fuck irresponsible dog owners. pick up after your pets, jesus.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin peeps!

Good round of golf, a couple of bike rides, and a sheetload of cookies is more or less the story of my weekend. Can't say there is anything wrong with that.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
There can't be anything good about golf... can there?

Rainz this morning, looks light but has the petal to stosh tonight's ride. Otherwise riding Tues, Thurs and Saturday. Should be a decent week with 8 hours of trail time.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Got a hot lap down Teh Whole Enchilada yesterday in the most bestest dirt conditions I've ever ridden it. Holy cats was it good, all time hero. Porcupine claimed my rear derailer though... fortunately a zip tie held it together well enough to finish out the ride.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I can't seem to find the courtesy phone, so who do I need to call about the giant bear shit right outside my bedroom window?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Indian food yesterday == Indian food-scented bathroom at work, FTW, maybe?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Fuck work.
:stupid:

Worked Thursday night, then Saturday night, then Sunday morning. The wife has decided since we don't have any kids in our house this year, we are doing dinner and a movie instead of candy/chips for beggars this year. We hope to have little man next year.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Got a hot lap down Teh Whole Enchilada yesterday in the most bestest dirt conditions I've ever ridden it. Holy cats was it good, all time hero. Porcupine claimed my rear derailer though... fortunately a zip tie held it together well enough to finish out the ride.
Were any of the operators still running shuttles to Burro or did you self shuttle? I might be tempted to head there this coming weekend if the weather holds...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:stupid:

Worked Thursday night, then Saturday night, then Sunday morning. The wife has decided since we don't have any kids in our house this year, we are doing dinner and a movie instead of candy/chips for beggars this year. We hope to have little man next year.
so stuffed sausage to make a little sausage?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
so stuffed sausage to make a little sausage?
I think he's referring to his drinking age son? Or maybe I'm making all of this shit up. :D I know there's a mid-teens daughter, the one with the too-small ATV now.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Were any of the operators still running shuttles to Burro or did you self shuttle? I might be tempted to head there this coming weekend if the weather holds...
We self shuttled, but all the commercial shuttle companies were going to Burro as well. They had only been going to the top of Hazard since Tuesday though, a Monday night storm put a lot of snow in the La Sals. It was a slow(ish) melt but worth the wait.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This entire place has a case of the Mondays. FTS. Its 11:30 and I'm only just getting to enjoy the first office coffee.

I have new tenants moving in upstairs. Met the dude briefly and they seem okay. I would assume they are around my age. Guy snowboards and is a heavy engine mechanic or something. His girlfriend/wife is a teacher. Guy said yesterday to come up for a beer, but I had to decline because bikes had to be ridden. Need to figure out the bong shed situation, again.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This entire place has a case of the Mondays. FTS. Its 11:30 and I'm only just getting to enjoy the first office coffee.

I have new tenants moving in upstairs. Met the dude briefly and they seem okay. I would assume they are around my age. Guy snowboards and is a heavy engine mechanic or something. His girlfriend/wife is a teacher. Guy said yesterday to come up for a beer, but I had to decline because bikes had to be ridden. Need to figure out the bong shed situation, again.
maybe he has a shed too? besides, you're canadian, being nice is in your nature.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
a couple of the local courses during the summer have young ladies running the beer carts in shorts and bikini tops selling brats and micro brews at each hole:brows: so there is that.
Same here. Its great. There is a trail system here that has one of the trailheads about 20 feet from one of fairways; sadly the beer girls won't serve to bikers......we've tried after running out of beer. :busted:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There can't be anything good about golf... can there?.
I really enjoy it. I took it in junior college when I was 18 for a PE credit and fell in love with it. But I have a few rules:

1. Only play with a power cart. I don't walk because I don't golf for exercise.
2. Only play ghetto public courses, I am not paying $50 to drink beer.
3. Only play 9 holes, because I aint got that kind of time.
4. Don't keep score. If you keep score, it adds stress and that defeats the purpose.

There are some fun courses around here for less than $35 + beers for 9 with a cart. I'm good with that.

Truth is I only get to play a few times a year. But it's fun, I hit the driving range now and again to mess with my swing.