Quantcast

:#:: Monday GMT. ::#:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I really enjoy it. I took it in junior college when I was 18 for a PE credit and fell in love with it. But I have a few rules:

1. Only play with a power cart. I don't walk because I don't golf for exercise.
2. Only play ghetto public courses, I am not paying $50 to drink beer.
3. Only play 9 holes, because I aint got that kind of time.
4. Don't keep score. If you keep score, it adds stress and that defeats the purpose.

There are some fun courses around here for less than $35 + beers for 9 with a cart. I'm good with that.

Truth is I only get to play a few times a year. But it's fun, I hit the driving range now and again to mess with my swing.
I only get out a few times a year as well and certainly don't stress when I play, however, I'm a pretty decent golfer so it's a lot more fun for me.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I only get out a few times a year as well and certainly don't stress when I play, however, I'm a pretty decent golfer so it's a lot more fun for me.
I was actually close to scratch when I was younger. But I am still pretty good and put effort into my swing and game when I play (not putting, I put no effort into putting). It's the physics involved (like pool) that keep me interested. The wife made fun of me until we actually played together. My cart fueled low stress style is fun. Since I don't keep score, I just play hole by hole and either feel good or not about each. I have one buddy who is really good, so its fun to play with him and another buddy who is really bad, so it's funny.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Came home early to empty out punkins for carving. Fam was still out on a hike (kids have day off from school). Went out on the porch to enjoy the 80* weather and a beer. Which leads to my "get off my lawn gripe," which is an ironic one, since it's directed at our older neighbors on both sides. Worst trend in recent years: tv on the screened in porch. effff uuuu neighbors! idgaf about what you are CONSTANTLY watching! get some damn headphones and get your noise off my lawn!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
So much for the invincibility of the dual-ply Michelins. :mad: Same exact spot that has gotten every other tire I've run.

Perhaps it's just me. :(
Where did it fail?
After a season mine are getting pretty tattered but they're still getting the job done. Rear sidewalls are now weeping sealant, the front has a slow, invisible leak and theyre generally cooked but no flats for the year despite frequent rim strikes (I run a shitload of sealant though).

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Where did it fail?
After a season mine are getting pretty tattered but they're still getting the job done. Rear sidewalls are now weeping sealant, the front has a slow, invisible leak and theyre generally cooked but no flats for the year despite frequent rim strikes (I run a shitload of sealant though).
Right at the bead. Only on one side. Tiny hole, really. Opened 'er up to put a tube in to find most of my sealant is fucking turdly. I suck at tubeless. With functional sealant perhaps I never would have even noticed. :D

...Good round of golf...
1) No such thing. 2) :ban:

So much for the invincibility of the dual-ply Michelins. :mad: Same exact spot that has gotten every other tire I've run.

Perhaps it's just me. :(
It is.

Second day of excavation. Huge dirt pile moved. Culvert installed. Tomorrow: some laser work, finishing touches on leveling, lots of gravel, clean up, beer.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Just getting back from trick or treating with the 3 yo. this was his first year really getting I into it . It was great watching him have a fun time out there . So far no melt down after having put the candy away . . . .

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I swear they bus kids into our neighborhood for Halloween. I'm on porch duty with the laptop. Forgot to grab my drink--rookie mistake, I know. Soon enough Jessica will return with the kids, and she'll bring me pizza and alcohol.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I swear they bus kids into our neighborhood for Halloween. I'm on porch duty with the laptop. Forgot to grab my drink--rookie mistake, I know. Soon enough Jessica will return with the kids, and she'll bring me pizza and alcohol.
I gave out Tamales last year. Nobody came by this year. I guess I am stuck with all these Bit of Honey candies now...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
A kid came to door and I let him take a handful of candy. Then he asked if he could take a second handful, and I said "Sure." Then he asked to take two more Almond Joys. What the fuck was with this asshole???