Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! In theory this week I should learn the fate of my job which may or may not end in about 4 months. I kind of like my job but not enough to relocate to urban sprawl of Denver or anywhere in Calofornia. I would be good Arizona, New Mexico or Utah. Maybe even Idaho. Meh, we'll see. Part of me would also enjoy extended fun employment while burning through a separation package.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Back to work after being on vacation last week in Florida. We had beautiful weather all week down there but we went from weather in the mid 80s to mid teens at home. Apparently, my house was without power for several days last week due to the crazy wind storm that rolled through. At least power was back on by the time we got back but wow there are trees down all over town.

And now we're supposed to get a foot of snow over the next couple days. :rant:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
very good weekend. I got in a nice hard Mt Bike ride, went to a fun dinner party where my enchiladas were enthusiastically consumed by all and then watch my wife kick ass at a Dressage competition.
Too fucking bad that i did not win the lottery and its back to driving the short bus for the next 5 days:bonk:

now where is my coffee dammit?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Productive weekend that included having a tasty Vietnamese noodle bowl. So much deliciousness in one dish. Other than that, not much going on. Happy back to going to work in the dark day!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
kicking coke again.

staring at a glass of chocolate milk...glass of water...glass of oj....and french toast.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! Thanks to my teams being in three different time zones that having three different ways of handling the DST, my calendar is properly FUBAR ATM. I am le tired of waiting for morning trains in 12F, and they are now forecasting that our 12+" of snow will be mixed with some good old rain, too. Meh.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Howdy. Holy poop it is cold out and snow is definitely on the way this afternoon/tomorrow. Though, it sounds like this area will get no where near the amounts that some of you fine Eastern folk will get.

On the plus side, I can now partake in post work activities without needing to strap a light to my head.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Snow tomorrow indeed. Due to the timing of it and the fact that I am "essential personnel" at work, I'll be camping out in the hotel across from my office the next two nights. I went ahead and booked a king suite because that's how I roll.

2600 yard swim done before work. I wanted to quit early into that one because I really didn't want to be there, but I got it done.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Well shit son, no wonder you don't sleep.

the two liter variety...

and it took all of 5 minutes for my brother to sell his diesel wagon back to vw for $24,000...it pays to have your shit together.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
First day back at work in a week. Three people are out, I have over 100 emails that need follow up, and I'm still tired. And the cherry on top? I did a poor job of trimming my beard this morning and there are notably visible spots that are twice the length of others. Ready to leave.

Minus the crowding and cost of living, I could really move back to SoCal. Damn I miss that place and Haley spent the whole time asking when we were going to move there.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
bike ride?

that is how it is.
Yep. Awful headwind on the climb, which is beyotch of a climb to begin with. Then to my surprise my buddy that just moved back was game for bonus trail over the standard hot lap, so that was exciting. Loads of people out yesterday using the trails, which is always cool to see.

For teh CO Monkies: Belcher still sucks, it's even worse with a headwind. Mustang from the top-top is super fun, nearly as fun as Longhorn. Longhorn report: still Longhorn AF.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It's meeting Monday, yay. Got fat on BBQ Saturday, spent a better part of Sunday at the Emergency Vet, ended up getting an appointment with the regular vet, so went there instead, Monday stayed overnight on IV and will hear how she is this morning. Throwing up, not eating, barley drinking. She was sick a month ago, now this. At $500/visit, I wish I could cover my cat under my health insurance.

Thanks, Obama.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I have yet to try out this "new" Mustang...
The part from the top intersection with Belcher Hill Trail down to the intersection with Sawmill Trail is unchanged, which was always the super duper fun part anyways. Below that is the reroute, and honestly I hadn't ridden "old" Mustang for so long I can't even give a comparison of new to old. The new is pretty fun. Not Longhorn fun, but fun like riding your bike on dirt is fun.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Minus the crowding and cost of living, I could really move back to SoCal. Damn I miss that place and Haley spent the whole time asking when we were going to move there.
I know those feels. May 8! (when I interview in Seattle).

I also know Full Trucker's headwind feels. Made for a slow ride in to work at 5 PM last night. Coming back at 10 PM was fine except I only had 800 lumens on my helmet (having broken the mount on my XP3 handlebar light by rolling my RC car, of course :D).

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I know those feels. May 8! (when I interview in Seattle).
I think it's just a matter of time spent. I grew up in SoCal, my family is there. Wifey's from NorCal and her family is there. Right now a trip home is a week off work and cost of travel (thank jebus for companion pass and points), vs. a long weekend trip.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Yep. Awful headwind on the climb, which is beyotch of a climb to begin with. Then to my surprise my buddy that just moved back was game for bonus trail over the standard hot lap, so that was exciting. Loads of people out yesterday using the trails, which is always cool to see.

For teh CO Monkies: Belcher still sucks, it's even worse with a headwind. Mustang from the top-top is super fun, nearly as fun as Longhorn. Longhorn report: still Longhorn AF.
WR should always be ridden with full Mustang before heading back up into Maverick. :) @Adventurous was missing the good stuff on Mustang by peeling off through the campsites before wifey and I showed him the error of his ways.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Countdown monday today, next monday is move in day! Family of five living in my mom's basement for the last 6 weeks.. My dog has been in more places than we have since xmas. Looking forward to our own place again!