Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
WR should always be ridden with full Mustang before heading back up into Maverick. :) @Adventurous was missing the good stuff on Mustang by peeling off through the campsites before wifey and I showed him the error of his ways.
so yea, this is true. I'm usually so dead at the top I opt for the quick dh, but I'm going to get in the habit of looping in the mustang.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@stoney ... aren't there any affordable places in OC?
There are, but they aren't necessarily in any places that we'd want to live - most notably because of schools. We've been looking at moving into notably more expensive parts of HR just to get into better schools. Those same neighborhoods are $900k+ in OC.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Everything is affordable when you are looking through a monocle. #monoclelife
Don't I wish. Wifey's company is in serious trouble and she's getting laid-off as of the end of the month. Monocle money be gone... Also, all of our monocle money is tax-deferred - we can't touch it for a long time.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So my neighbor found our chimney cap in his land, ~150 yards from where it's supposed to be on our chimney.

I guess that means I need to go up on the roof and duct tape it on again or similar :)

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:stupid:

My brother was trying to get me to move to Silicon Valley. Tried to explain that my job doesn't afford Silicon Valley money. Almost all of California is expensive, even the sh!tty parts.
Houses in south OC, where we'd want to be, are stupid expensive. Getting out towards Tustin/Anaheim you get into more reasonable houses, but schools fall off pretty quickly when you're in the flats (vs. foothills).

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
yea, admittedly I don't know jack about the neighborhoods / barrios .

Adorable. 3 bed, 2 bath, 1300 sqft. This house if it were in a nice area in Portland would be $500k (would have been $40k when I moved here in '93).

This house is $1,388,000 in Mountain View, CA. :twitch:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

Adorable. 3 bed, 2 bath, 1300 sqft. This house if it were in a nice area in Portland would be $500k (would have been $40k when I moved here in '93).

Well for the sake of the stoney conversation, MV aint' OC. That house would be $500k in Golden too.
An ex-coworker just accepted a job at teh Googles. I'd think house shopping is going to be 'intersting'.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Well for the sake of the stoney conversation, MV aint' OC. That house would be $500k in Golden too.
An ex-coworker just accepted a job at teh Googles. I'd think house shopping is going to be 'intersting'.
I interviewed at a number of high profile places when I was younger (45 is WAY too old for most tech) and while a "six figure income" sounds great, $120k does not afford $1M shack. A friend from Intel went to the bay area for a 6 fig gig, only to pay $3k a month for his apartment that didn't include parking. :rofl:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

It's likely a scrape. You pay for the property and re-build accordingly. Wifey's cousin bought a pretty beat property in SV a few years ago and totally refinished it. They'll probably clear ~$500k when they sell it and move to ID. It's all about lucky timing sometimes...
Hell, my parent's house is in a $1mm+ neighborhood. They spent $320k in '96 for it. All about the right place at the right time.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Portland?
No, that was another front page Zillow in Mountain View. My brother lives in Santa Cruz, but he stole his house in '93 when it wasn't quite insane yet. Portland is pretty crazy, there is a lot of tear downs of epic Portland area homes.

2 bed, 2 bath 1900 sqft for $550k. This is Portlandia area, NE 12th, very hip area.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's likely a scrape. You pay for the property and re-build accordingly. Wifey's cousin bought a pretty beat property in SV a few years ago and totally refinished it. They'll probably clear ~$500k when they sell it and move to ID. It's all about lucky timing sometimes...
There are a ton of tear downs. They just changed the zoning in my son's old 'hood to allow 5 story buildings. They are putting in 4 story apartments with ground level parking. Not only has it killed the views, but it packs WAY too many folks into a tiny area.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
WR should always be ridden with full Mustang before heading back up into Maverick. :) @Adventurous was missing the good stuff on Mustang by peeling off through the campsites before wifey and I showed him the error of his ways.
Ain't nobody got time for that. I'm all about the short loop of Belcher->Maverick->Longhorn->Whippletree. :D

Mustang is fun, although the rolling climb after the fun initial descent could be shorter in an ideal world.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
there must be a 90/100 pound weight limit on the nurses in boulder.

i was shocked.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Ain't nobody got time for that. I'm all about the short loop of Belcher->Maverick->Longhorn->Whippletree. :D

Mustang is fun, although the rolling climb after the fun initial descent could be shorter in an ideal world.
Ditto. If I'm in the mood for a bit more pedaling I'll take Mustang all the way down, otherwise I'll take the Sawmill cut off so I can get an almost continuous downhill to the creek bottom. That route never fails to put a smile on my face.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Oh wow, so on a whim I decided to check out the apartments by Bmans old place.

1 bed, 1 bath 559 sqft. $1700 :rofl:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I agree - every time I've done "The Full Monty" at el Rancho Blanco it has been Belcher to the tippy top, Mustang to the bottom, Belcher to Maverick, then Longhorn to finish.

I doubt I could pull that loop off any more. :(

Gotta spend money to make money.
You've got to speculate to accumulate, in business, like.

Regarding housing... I'm starting to REALLY think a small plot of land in Eagle with one of these on it is really gonna be the ticket:

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
First after-office ride of the season is in the books, yay DST! It was cold and sometimes miserable with a bit of snow and ice, still beats not riding which is my future for the next 2 weeks. :dead:

Blizzard in 12 hours, FTS.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Three day weekend but a long one. Lots of studying and proposals for new stuff. Helping to rewrite out FTEP program and training methods, huge undertaking that will hopefully pay off to make better officers.
Our hardest undertaking is getting the older crusty guys to get past the cowboy up mentality and move them to the think first mentality. Good times.