Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Ended (and started) my afternoon ride at the bar with a spaghetti and meatball dinner special, complete with side salad and garlic bread. Only $3.95 with purchase of a beverage, so we got a pitcher of Alaskan IPA. I forgot to check if they have Barbera d'Alba on the wine menu... sorry @SkaredShtles you'll have to check for yourself.

Ain't nobody got time for that. I'm all about the short loop of Belcher->Maverick->Longhorn->Whippletree. :D

Mustang is fun, although the rolling climb after the fun initial descent could be shorter in an ideal world.
Ditto. If I'm in the mood for a bit more pedaling I'll take Mustang all the way down, otherwise I'll take the Sawmill cut off so I can get an almost continuous downhill to the creek bottom. That route never fails to put a smile on my face.
To mix up your normal routine, try riding up Belcher from the upper upper parking lot, then down the part of Belcher that feeds directly to Maverick, then Maverick to Longhorn to crick i.e. climb this then descend this.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Ended (and started) my afternoon ride at the bar with a spaghetti and meatball dinner special, complete with side salad and garlic bread. Only $3.95 with purchase of a beverage, so we got a pitcher of Alaskan IPA. I forgot to check if they have Barbera d'Alba on the wine menu... sorry @SkaredShtles you'll have to check for yourself.

To mix up your normal routine, try riding up Belcher from the upper upper parking lot, then down the part of Belcher that feeds directly to Maverick, then Maverick to Longhorn to crick i.e. climb this then descend this.
Sounds fun. Have to shuttle that? (or slog all the way up to start?)

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It's on my to-do list to add a Mountain Lion loop to my Chimpex-WR ride. That's a shit load of climbing to and from ML though...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Can I change my earlier "In." response to "In with the exception of pedaling back up Chimney to your house" ? I take back what I said yesterday about that thing. With the stuff. You remember. That said if there's a planned stop at Cannonball on the way back in, I suppose I could eat enough tacos and drink enough beer that climbing Chimney might seem like a good idea.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
as the saying goes ...
the best thing you can give a masochist is a good whipping.
the best thing you can give a sadist is a whip and a good masochist.

I'm not sure which better describes 6th Element.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
as the saying goes ...
the best thing you can give a masochist is a good whipping.
the best thing you can give a sadist is a whip and a good masochist.

I'm not sure which better describes 6th Element.
Right? Bastard is worse than me on the Big Stupid Rides™ and might even eclipse Jeremy.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I'm in for the Mountain Lion part! :D I still have the 4 bike mount setup on my rack. I'd be totally down for another semi-shuttle day: ML from its lot, then WR from top lot to another car at the bottom.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I'm in for the Mountain Lion part! :D I still have the 4 bike mount setup on my rack. I'd be totally down for another semi-shuttle day: ML from its lot, then WR from top lot to another car at the bottom.
So "Standard Summertime Wednesday After-Work Ride" then?