Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Lots of people must be off today because traffic was pretty much non-existent. Should be a fairly quiet day at the office.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Morning.

Lots of people must be off today because traffic was pretty much non-existent. Should be a fairly quiet day at the office.
WHAT HE SAID.

I woke up at midnight last night and some work shit popped into my head, so I spent the next 90 minutes tossing and turning to that. God dammit. But I was up at 5:00 as usual for my swim. Looks like a nice day out there today. With any luck I'll get out of work before sunset.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning, just getting off work. Bday was yesterday, nothing like getting kicked in the chest while fighting with a degerent piece of crap, end up with open cuts on your hands to find they have hepc... Good times, just how I had wanted to spend my birthday, sitting in the er waiting for blood work and decontamination..... Now have to follow up with the infectious disease guy.....

I'm goin camping tonight and tomorrow

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i cleaned the pool...watered the flowers/garden...dogs are snoring.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
For some stupid reason I am working today. I didn't put in for a vacation day, so I can only be angry at myself.
I will go for a long ride in the woods when I am done. Do a few skids and find a few sheds to hang out in.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My FTS is appallingly high this morning. I'm tired from this weekend and I came back to an email box full of shit that was dealt with Thursday but the persons who are to deal with the issues are pushing back. F.T.S.

On a positive note, I got a ton done this weekend:
- Cornhole game is made, I need to woodfill, sand, and paint, but it's physically built.
- New outlet in the kitchen with USB plugs is installed
- Sprinklers that were installed by professionals 2 years ago are fixed (it was a slow process...)
- Haley's bike is 95% done
- All cable running and identifying for cutting cable is sorted. I just need to get a digital tuner and then we're good to cut.
- Alarm system is finally sorted out and working.
- Weeds in the yards have been sprayed or pulled

All I have left to do tomorrow is mow, put the brake onto the hardtail, and patch my tire on the Yeti. I'll probably work on the cornhole game, but that's a longer timeline.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I decided to come into work at the end of the day yesterday. Rather than wasting a vacation day, I can come into the office and surf the interwebs for a few hours with no one else around, then go ride my bike while the woman and baby-bot are up in Maine on the beach, which I loathe.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
For some stupid reason I am working today. I didn't put in for a vacation day, so I can only be angry at myself.
I will go for a long ride in the woods when I am done. Do a few skids and find a few sheds to hang out in.
On the flip side, should be a slow day, no? Save the Vaca day for when you need it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I should have taken the day off like 90% of the other jackasses here. So broke from an expensive Blues Fest weekend, but between the boat show and Fantastic Negrito, totally worth it. The Blues Cruise was pretty cool. It started with Kingfish who we saw last year. He has since graduated from high school and is now 18 (he was very excited to announce that). When he finished, the wife and I grabbed some food and sat down next to the stage. Terry Robb came over and was getting some of his stuff ready. The wife joked that he was keeping us up past our bedtime, but we knew it was worth it. He said "We're on a boat, where the f@ck are you going to go? I guess if I'm bad enough, you could jump off and swim for it." Then he proceeded to blow minds for the next hour. He seems so uncool and awkward, but when he picks up the guitar, its just incredible.

I tried to get a shirt from Fantastic Negrito, but they were sold out. He did give me a cool tour poster from last year and of course I got the new CD. They won the Grammy for best new contemporary blues. They were damn insane live, the CD is good, but the live show is another level.

$6 8oz suck beer = fail. I finally broke down and bought a flask and will pack whiskey just in case. :rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
"A" flask? You must be some kind of amateur. I have 3.
I had one years ago, but I haven't felt the need to sneak booze in a while. But there was amazing music, yet they only had 3 different IPA's, Coors Light, and Mike's hard something awful. I don't expect dark beers in summer, but a Hefe, a decent lager maybe? Something with an IBU bellow 80 and an ABV above 5, is that too much to ask?

The boy had drank all my good booze (we had words) but I did buy a bottle of Burnside on Saturday. I'll keep it in the garage.

<edit> It still makes me chuckle to think of Stinkyboy with his Surly flask. :rofl: RIP Stinky, you drunk son of a bitch.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I had one years ago, but I haven't felt the need to sneak booze in a while. But there was amazing music, yet they only had 3 different IPA's, Coors Light, and Mike's hard something awful. I don't expect dark beers in summer, but a Hefe, a decent lager maybe? Something with an IBU bellow 80 and an ABV above 5, is that too much to ask?

The boy had drank all my good booze (we had words) but I did buy a bottle of Burnside on Saturday. I'll keep it in the garage.

<edit> It still makes me chuckle to think of Stinkyboy with his Surly flask. :rofl: RIP Stinky, you drunk son of a bitch.
I recently got a Stanley flask and have been pleased with it.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Getting ready to have tomorrow off, though wifey is working, so I may trip to N* and ride........ or do yard work.

Spoke with stepdad after his prostate surgery. Apparently, he got an infection, which is giving him fits. Was supposed to come up for a visit next week (much to same wifey's dismay), though now it is cancelled since he's been away from the office for a month and has lots of catching up to do (much to wifey's pleasure).

Oh well, I'm going to shave my Aussie shepherd before work so he's not so hot while we're gone........

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Yesterday's ride really took it out of me. I think it was the heat. So obviously I'm off for an extended ride in today's mounting meat heat. Cooler is full of water and watery beer. Have grille and meat. Got the trail bike and the pump tracker...will pump when it gets too hot to pedal any longer. #heatstrokehereicome

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Halfway through Seattle trip. Many leftovers in the fridge. Much cat hair on my clothes. So cloudy. Wow/doge.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
grilled last night, slept in, having coffee and pie for breakfast, work surprisingly active but I'll get out for a ride later fo sho

pie: homemade sour cherry :drool:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I've had this awful belt squeal for a few weeks now and I had bought new belts and tentioners a while back, but never did the work. Finally the squeal is too bad to drown out with the stereo, so I decided to swap them this weekend. Realized I should also replace both idler pulleys, so I make a trip to NAPA. They only had one of them that looked right, the other wasn't dished and I didn't feel good about it.

The main drive belt wasn't so bad, but the A/C belt is a bitch. I struggled with trying to get the belt on for 3 hours in the heat. My insistence got the best of me and I gave up and decided to do it first thing before the heat. First thing, got it on in under an hour. Started it up, sounds good. Head to the car wash and half way there, squeal worse than before.

Turns out I didn't fully torque the idler pulley on the A/C belt. Had to take that bitch back off AGAIN. Oh well, seems to be good now (I hope).

/notagreasemonkey

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
While getting lunch, I watched a guy reach into my Jeep and turn the radio off as I walked into the store. I have the doors off, so the radio doesn't turn off when the ignition is turned off....it's on a 20-30 second delay. I always turn the volume down to a reasonable level before exiting as to not be an inconsiderate prick. Apparently it wasn't low enough, as the guy sitting in the car parked next to me got out and reached into my Jeep to do something, likely not knowing I was watching him as I walked into the store. When I got back, I then realized what he had done after starting the Jeep and had to turn the radio back on. He sat there staring straight ahead, and I just stared at him for 5-10 seconds hoping he'd look over, but he never did.

Fuck people.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Good weekend. Went to an early fireworks show and pool party with the wife's fam on Saturday. Then spent yesterday getting our yard cleaned up and ready to have people over tomorrow. Went on a big (for me) last minute ride in the late afternoon. Was hoping is was going to cool down a little, but was still mid 80s. Feelin' it this morning.

Leaving for Whistler with the family for two weeks first thing Saturday morning. Sitting at work today in an attempt to save vacation so I can make it back to Whistler at the end of September with some buddies.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
While getting lunch, I watched a guy reach into my Jeep and turn the radio off as I walked into the store. I have the doors off, so the radio doesn't turn off when the ignition is turned off....it's on a 20-30 second delay. I always turn the volume down to a reasonable level before exiting as to not be an inconsiderate prick. Apparently it wasn't low enough, as the guy sitting in the car parked next to me got out and reached into my Jeep to do something, likely not knowing I was watching him as I walked into the store. When I got back, I then realized what he had done after starting the Jeep and had to turn the radio back on. I sat there staring straight ahead, and I just stared at him for 5-10 seconds hoping he'd look over, but he never did.

Fuck people.
Should have just opened his door, reached in and turned down his radio.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
While getting lunch, I watched a guy reach into my Jeep and turn the radio off as I walked into the store. I have the doors off, so the radio doesn't turn off when the ignition is turned off....it's on a 20-30 second delay. I always turn the volume down to a reasonable level before exiting as to not be an inconsiderate prick. Apparently it wasn't low enough, as the guy sitting in the car parked next to me got out and reached into my Jeep to do something, likely not knowing I was watching him as I walked into the store. When I got back, I then realized what he had done after starting the Jeep and had to turn the radio back on. He sat there staring straight ahead, and I just stared at him for 5-10 seconds hoping he'd look over, but he never did.

Fuck people.
#BROlyfe / #BROblems

suffering through another day at the beach. is it thursday yet?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Fuck people.
This is the kind of situation where you press your exposed scrote against his window.