Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
While getting lunch, I watched a guy reach into my Jeep and turn the radio off as I walked into the store. I have the doors off, so the radio doesn't turn off when the ignition is turned off....it's on a 20-30 second delay. I always turn the volume down to a reasonable level before exiting as to not be an inconsiderate prick. Apparently it wasn't low enough, as the guy sitting in the car parked next to me got out and reached into my Jeep to do something, likely not knowing I was watching him as I walked into the store. When I got back, I then realized what he had done after starting the Jeep and had to turn the radio back on. He sat there staring straight ahead, and I just stared at him for 5-10 seconds hoping he'd look over, but he never did.

Fuck people.
Nobody wants to hear your Crabcore. :disgust1:

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So I'm having issues with my prescription and the soonest I can get an appt is a week out. Boss says "Sorry, we don't have staffing for Monday. You need to go later." So it gets pushed for two days. My meds are such that if they aren't working, I can't work because I have trouble making cohesive thought and understanding people. I don't understand his logic. Either I miss work because I have an appt and we are understaffed or I miss work because I and unable to function and we are understaffed. WTF?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Day off work.

Fairly successful performance on Saturday. Rolling some of the coin we made into a PA system.

Bought a new bass. Went to Guitar Center to return something and they had a crazy clearance price on a bass I was mildly interested in, so it followed me home.
IMG_9097.JPG

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So I'm having issues with my prescription and the soonest I can get an appt is a week out. Boss says "Sorry, we don't have staffing for Monday. You need to go later." So it gets pushed for two days. My meds are such that if they aren't working, I can't work because I have trouble making cohesive thought and understanding people. I don't understand his logic. Either I miss work because I have an appt and we are understaffed or I miss work because I and unable to function and we are understaffed. WTF?
Sounds like you need a shitload of Brawndo.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Day off today.

Rode local trails with the old man of our group. He had not been to this spot for 15+ years. It was cool to see him remembering trails that have been around for 20+ years and then taking him on some new stuff.

The weather is absolutely FANFUCKINGTASTIC for a change. Sunshine with some puffy white clouds. It has not rained today...yet.

Time for another beer and then going to roll down the street on the donkey bike to a dinner being offered by a friend.

My legs are cooked.

While getting lunch, I watched a guy reach into my Jeep and turn the radio off as I walked into the store. I have the doors off, so the radio doesn't turn off when the ignition is turned off....it's on a 20-30 second delay. I always turn the volume down to a reasonable level before exiting as to not be an inconsiderate prick. Apparently it wasn't low enough, as the guy sitting in the car parked next to me got out and reached into my Jeep to do something, likely not knowing I was watching him as I walked into the store. When I got back, I then realized what he had done after starting the Jeep and had to turn the radio back on. He sat there staring straight ahead, and I just stared at him for 5-10 seconds hoping he'd look over, but he never did.

Fuck people.
Zero sympathy for broadcasting noise.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Finishing up work for the day, going to pick up the hardtail from the shop... fork was getting a service. Thinking about a hot lap on a local hill before returning home to get ready and pack for tomorrow's annual adventure up to 13,215' on America's birthday.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
White mountains in NH are becoming too small to handle all the vacation traffic IMO, it was a total zoo on and off roads there today. This New England deal is losing appeal on me rather quickly.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Day off today.

Rode local trails with the old man of our group. He had not been to this spot for 15+ years. It was cool to see him remembering trails that have been around for 20+ years and then taking him on some new stuff.

The weather is absolutely FANFUCKINGTASTIC for a change. Sunshine with some puffy white clouds. It has not rained today...yet.

Time for another beer and then going to roll down the street on the donkey bike to a dinner being offered by a friend.

My legs are cooked.
. how old is the "old man"?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Ride plans dashed due to my failure to remember that I took pedals off the bike I picked up from the shop for some damn reason. Diverted to beer instead.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
The reverend of the church I grew up in has passed away at age 95. He put a bunch of effort into trying to help my mom get me going in a better direction. I'll never forget the time he tried to show me he was a friend by accepting some beef jerky I was eating and offered him. He was allergic to the MSG and started having muscle spasms or a minor seizure from eating it. He knew this would happen, but felt more compelled to connect with me than to worry about his own health.

RIP

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

Fuck people.
So, turning the volume knob is a reasonable amount of effort for being considerate but pushing the off button is too much effort? Just want to be clear where the tipping point is.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Finishing up work for the day, going to pick up the hardtail from the shop... fork was getting a service. Thinking about a hot lap on a local hill before returning home to get ready and pack for tomorrow's annual adventure up to 13,215' on America's birthday.
Jones Pass?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Just found out that I have tomorrow off and a hall pass until 3pm from the wife. Loaded up the float tube, waders, and brand spanking new fly rod into the truck. i am going to head out to a lake in the sierra foothills for some first light casting for some bass and bluegill on a popper...Win (ribs are still too tender from my tumble in the rocks off the mt bike to want to ride hard)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Just found out that I have tomorrow off and a hall pass until 3pm from the wife. Loaded up the float tube, waders, and brand spanking new fly rod into the truck. i am going to head out to a lake in the sierra foothills for some first light casting for some bass and bluegill on a popper...Win (ribs are still too tender from my tumble in the rocks off the mt bike to want to ride hard)
I ain't know shit about fishing but this sounds awesome.