Quantcast

***monday gmt***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

what a beautiful day out there...gonna hit about 70deg. today. Took my son skiing for the first time over the weekend. It was as crowded of a day as I've ever seen. It was tough going at first - he definitely didn't take to it like a natural, but after about 4-5 runs, it started to sink in. He's ready to go back, so that's a good thing. My wallet isn't ready for it, though.....

Y'all have a great day, and be cool little Fonzie's out there.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
A weekend filled with a few Fat Bike rides, some snowboarding with the spawn, football and beers makes working on this Monday not that bad. Tired, but so worth it. Now to get thru till next weekend.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Maybe a good morning?

In a scene straight out of Office Space, my boss asked me on Friday to provide him a list of hours I could work overtime this weekend. Having already worked copious amounts of (unpaid) overtime over the past two months, I didn't feel like it and just didn't. We shall see how my gamble pays off!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
fell asleep with the kids at around 8:30 last night. slept fitfully, and so I'm still tired this morning. can't wake up, despite a nice ride in to work. Maybe I'll have another coffee.

supposed to rain on top of the inch or two of fresh snow. yech.

have a good day everyone>

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its 10am and I am just leaving the house to venture to work. Freakin' nonstop calls.

Fell asleep at around 9pm last night. That was stupid, as I was wide awake at 2:30am. Only to fall asleep again at 3:30...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

The rain is here with a vengeance Got the shower drain fixed, or at least I showered and it didn't leak into the living room ceiling, so I patched the hole and will hope for the best. Still need to do the texture, I will figure that whole mess out today.

Running out of home projects, guess I should find a job and stuff. Sucks being off and Stub Steward is closed all month for heli lumbering. The BMX track trips have been awesome, but it was a soupy mess at the bottom and we have gotten a lot of rain this weekend, so I am guessing it is way worse.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning Monkeys.

The rain is here with a vengeance Got the shower drain fixed, or at least I showered and it didn't leak into the living room ceiling, so I patched the hole and will hope for the best. Still need to do the texture, I will figure that whole mess out today.

Running out of home projects, guess I should find a job and stuff. Sucks being off and Stub Steward is closed all month for heli lumbering. The BMX track trips have been awesome, but it was a soupy mess at the bottom and we have gotten a lot of rain this weekend, so I am guessing it is way worse.
supposed to rain tomorrow. i hope it does my car needs washed.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I am physically at work. Not on service until this afternoon, but the two people on this morning are old/slow so there will probably be a copious amount of work left to do when I arrive.

Roads are icy today. Not like the snot-like slipperiness from Jan 15 but still a bit dicey for the hordes who don't run winter tires despite all advice to the contrary.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I too may have made a poor choice is coming to work. It seems I actually have twice the number of available sick days than I previously thought, 8. We have a use it or lose it policy here and with meager vacation distribution general concensus, even with managers, is to do your best to use them all up.

cough cough cough.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning. Still feel like shit. Never went to the hospital but thinking I should have as I found myself waking up in the floor not knowing when or how I got there.......

Now my body aches from crappy sleeping position

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good day people
Insomnia ruined my weekend. It's always worse when I have any alcohol, which I did, which sucked. Time for a 30 day wagon. Day 1, GO!

@jonKranked : I'd think once the fibers are drilled resealing becomes the priority. What type of compounds can you use to treat/seal the exposed hole (hahaha!) so protect from further damage, UV, bears with guns, etc.?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i have access to medical grade drill bits.
Still a bad idea. Even if you manage to drill a good hole and not cause delamination, if the carbon layup was not optimized for there to be a hole there, you probably significantly reduced the strength of the frame in that area.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Good day people
Insomnia ruined my weekend. It's always worse when I have any alcohol, which I did, which sucked. Time for a 30 day wagon. Day 1, GO!

@jonKranked : I'd think once the fibers are drilled resealing becomes the priority. What type of compounds can you use to treat/seal the exposed hole (hahaha!) so protect from further damage, UV, bears with guns, etc.?
i've got a buddy who runs a carbon fiber R&D / design company, i was gonna see what he has to say.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
i've got a buddy who runs a carbon fiber R&D / design company, i was gonna see what he has to say.
Good thing you’ll have the RM experts to shore up confidence in what your buddy has to say.

I drank a ton of tequila of varying qualities on Sat night and I’m not sure I’m 100% over it yet. Gah.

A friend has informed me she has a hookup for Smith gear, so I’ll be ordering up a new helmet and some shades. Maybe some enduro grade goggles too. Getting my eyes fixed at the beginning of Feb so sunglasses will be part of my life again. Joy.

Off for a site visit for a second project for me to run. The town it is in isn’t far from other project, but what a depressed little hole it is...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good thing you’ll have the RM experts to shore up confidence in what your buddy has to say.

I drank a ton of tequila of varying qualities on Sat night and I’m not sure I’m 100% over it yet. Gah.

A friend has informed me she has a hookup for Smith gear, so I’ll be ordering up a new helmet and some shades. Maybe some enduro grade goggles too. Getting my eyes fixed at the beginning of Feb so sunglasses will be part of my life again. Joy.

Off for a site visit for a second project for me to run. The town it is in isn’t far from other project, but what a depressed little hole it is...
Good luck with teh LASIK. It changed my life for the better. :thumb:

What are you guys building? I have about 15 projects going right now, which is about 13 more than I'm used to at any given time.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Looks like we find out what happens with the new corporate overlords on wednesday. I'm desperately hoping I get the boot. How great would that be...
Good thing I have several phone screens lined up this week :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Maybe a good morning?

In a scene straight out of Office Space, my boss asked me on Friday to provide him a list of hours I could work overtime this weekend. Having already worked copious amounts of (unpaid) overtime over the past two months, I didn't feel like it and just didn't. We shall see how my gamble pays off!
1pm and no word yet.

:popcorn:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Good luck with teh LASIK. It changed my life for the better. :thumb:

What are you guys building? I have about 15 projects going right now, which is about 13 more than I'm used to at any given time.
I’m getting PRK. Hoping for glasses-free sports for the foreseeable future.

I’m building water reservoirs these days. Coincidence, really. Not by choice. Ones a big one. The other is petty puny but has more components to build.

The big one was starting to drag, so glad to have something else to think about for a while.