Quantcast

Monday GMT

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
they kind where you flinch every time you feel a rim strike?
The rocks are mostly all round and smooth, so more like the kind where you flinch while your wheels constantly slide left and right off the rocks, just praying that there is some grip somewhere (and no roots).

This is one of the hiking trails, which would be cool to do, to get to the top of the cliff;

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Damn near pooped myself last night driving through eastern MT. Almost creamed a deer doing 65, which would have been less than pleasant. Alas, some strategic braking saved the day.

Otherwise, it’s off to see Teddy Roosevelt’s land in ND today.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, Monday people. Sitting in an all day meeting that I didn't know I had until I walked into work. Eff that sucks. And I am sitting here wearing my winter parka because this room is so goddamn cold.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I've found adding an insulated insole to a winter riding shoe extends the lower temp limit a few degrees
yes. forgot to mention, I have Monocle insoles from 45NRTH. I think it might be good for an extra degree or 2 celcius. But not much more than that. I think relative humidity and dew point will play a larger role than swapping out the insole.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yes. forgot to mention, I have Monocle insoles from 45NRTH. I think it might be good for an extra degree or 2 celcius. But not much more than that. I think relative humidity and dew point will play a larger role than swapping out the insole.
are these insoles aerogel? if so, how much did you pay

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I think your assessment is about right, I can't say I noticed much of a difference when I put them in my Lake 303's.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I mean it's the cheapest one in the area, I practically HAVE to. Plus, stoney's roaring approval of such a purchase is still ringing in my ear.

The e60s are more reliable, he says. They only suffer from SMG pump issues, smg clutch issues, vanos solenoid failures, vanos pump failures, rod bearing failures, throttle actuator failures, alternator failures, oil cooler failures, and vanos high pressure hose failures....but that's it for big items over 4k each!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I mean it's the cheapest one in the area, I practically HAVE to. Plus, stoney's roaring approval of such a purchase is still ringing in my ear.

The e60s are more reliable, he says. They only suffer from SMG pump issues, smg clutch issues, vanos solenoid failures, vanos pump failures, rod bearing failures, throttle actuator failures, alternator failures, oil cooler failures, and vanos high pressure hose failures....but that's it for big items over 4k each!
i saw what your wife posted on facebook. i don't see this car in your future :busted:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
scored some jiro inagaki cd's off ebay that were not over priced....it is a shame the vinyl is in the hundreds....

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Mornin!

Damn near pooped myself last night driving through eastern MT. Almost creamed a deer doing 65, which would have been less than pleasant. Alas, some strategic braking saved the day.

Otherwise, it’s off to see Teddy Roosevelt’s land in ND today.
Say hi to the nice people of Medora.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
I should give up on them.
You answered your own question, but you should also give up on riding road. Life is too short for that.

Hello all. Last day in Seattle.
Are you selling your hipster E-bike?

Then a buddy hit me with this first thing in the morning. That sucks, those bikes were amazeballs.
Well, shit. I hope @ohio secures some funding and pulls it through.
this already came up in the DH forum. shitty for sure.
This is also bullshit. :(
So yall like E-MX bikes but not E-MTBs? :confused:o_O
On a slightly related not, a local rider around here take motorcycles and turns them into E-bikes then sells them. Nice little side hobby.

Went kayaking. Winds were a lot stronger than predicted which means strong head winds and some whitecaps. I hate paddling against strong headwinds.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
electric dirt bikes are fine because they're not pretending to be something they aren't.
yeah. I hate whoever it is that takes my spot at the end of the bike rack with their motorcycle here at work. It's getting cold though, so I'm pretty the motorcycle-rider will be wussing out soon. I think they should park their motor cycle with the other motorcycles, and not on the bicycle rack. hrrrmph.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
yeah. I hate whoever it is that takes my spot at the end of the bike rack with their motorcycle here at work. It's getting cold though, so I'm pretty the motorcycle-rider will be wussing out soon. I think they should park their motor cycle with the other motorcycles, and not on the bicycle rack. hrrrmph.
that is a scooter driver move. sure it wasnt a scooter?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You answered your own question, but you should also give up on riding road. Life is too short for that.

Are you selling your hipster E-bike?

So yall like E-MX bikes but not E-MTBs? :confused:o_O
On a slightly related not, a local rider around here take motorcycles and turns them into E-bikes then sells them. Nice little side hobby.
@ohio is one of our own. His bike was amazing on many levels. It proved competitive against gas bike in hard enduro. The tech wasn't cheap and the price reflected it. It's a tough sell, but I still want one.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
drinking coffee porters and doing my annual good deed of woodburning hatchets used as trophies for a local running race (the “stanley creek massacre”). i think this is at least the 5th year i’ve done it. buddy who runs the race pays me in beer.