Quantcast

[=] monday gmt [=]

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Thinking of skipping health insurance between jobs. I’ve got a 45 day window to sign up for a COBRA but I’ve got a shorter window of time until my new job coverage becomes effective. What’s my risk?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Thinking of skipping health insurance between jobs. I’ve got a 45 day window to sign up for a COBRA but I’ve got a shorter window of time until my new job coverage becomes effective. What’s my risk?
None.

I think you have 60 days anyway and if you get sick then you apply retroactive to the day you lost coverage and pay back premiums.

If you don’t get sick then it’s just a straight up win.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
zero freedums from first thing this morning has warmed up to a toasty 7 freedums...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Did some murder today...
None.

I think you have 60 days anyway and if you get sick then you apply retroactive to the day you lost coverage and pay back premiums.

If you don’t get sick then it’s just a straight up win.
This is exactly right, mostly. When I went #funemployed I found that I had 90 days to sign up for COBRA, which could be applied retroactively by back-paying the premiums. However, at that time one could only go 60 days sans contibuous health insurance and not be penalized come tax time. I ran it to the 60 days and then signed up for my own insurance. Didn't get sick, didn't die, collected all the win. YMMV on grace periods and timeframes depending on where you live, I suppose.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
“Worked” today. Did not get a lesson but skied over 15k’ feet before noon. Now having a cold barley pop before picking up the Lady and the girls.
My ears have frost nip from the two runs where I didn’t have my base layer hood up. Cold but sunny and zero wind.
I’m very OK with the way this Monday panned out.

Attachments

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
F3FD38B8-5610-46AE-99C6-6E442619EA74.jpeg
58101D59-EFB6-4E3A-8C4E-42F1C4175A56.jpeg
kids were off school. dropped younger one at trampoline place with a friend; went into work for a bit. then a late family hike at south mountain state park. we tried a different trail-the waterfall way in the distance in the first pic is where we normally hike. today we went up through an area that had severe forest fires two summers ago. some cool remnants remain, including the evil looking scorched bark in the second pic. it’s prolly 12-15 feet tall. we were the last ones in the park. good day.

View attachment 132933 View attachment 132934 kids were off school. dropped younger one at trampoline place with a friend; went into work for a bit. then a late family hike at south mountain state park. we tried a different trail-the waterfall way in the distance in the first pic is where we normally hike. today we went up through an area that had severe forest fires two summers ago. some cool remnants remain, including the evil looking scorched bark in the second pic. it’s prolly 12-15 feet tall. we were the last ones in the park. good day.
V and I rode Tsali in 2014 shortly after a big fire - it looked scary - had one been riding there at the time, it's not clear that it would have been possible to escape.