Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Got the boy moved in and even picked up a couch in the mix. I have to say while moving him is a pain, he is doing well overall. Work just gave him the primo route and he's only been in this division a few months. But it seems he is the only one who shows up regularly and they wanted someone they could trust with their oldest and most trusted accounts.

He has also started hanging out with a chick he knew in high school that seems to be both constructive and healthy.

So yes, when I got the text asking if I could help move, I was less excited. But to hear solid developments and positive happenings, I was very happy.

Holy hell, $1500/month for a 2 bedroom in the ghetto. Rent is insane.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning and Happy Turkey Week! I went for an easy four mile jog before work and the running itself was fine, but the 43 degrees and rain can go to hell. That is some awful shit to run in...pretty much instant freeze as soon as I stopped moving. Happy to warm and dry in my sweats now.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
One day work week but it should be a busy one.

Taking tomorrow off and heading to Nam to ride with a couple buddies after older kid school drop off. Thinking it's time to nut up and hit some bigger stuff before the snow starts to fly.

Also been trying to get ahold of Light Bicycle to change my wheelset order to rims only with minimal luck. Got an email saying the hubs I wanted might take 2+ months to get in. At first I was okay with it as there really is no rush, but then wondered what the + part of it could entail. Found the set I wanted from the UK and is being delivered today. All other wheel bits have been delivered or are en route.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This morning starting off with FTS at 12. Last night right before I went to bed the toilet started leaking from the bottom when it was flushed. That means the wax ring failed, so I need to replace it. I only have one meeting today, so the day is getting taken off otherwise so I can repair it and then I'll just spend the day prepping for my test. Fun.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Present. have decided to use the long weekend to frame out part of my basement. adding a wall to partition off the main basement area from the furnace, water heater, sump pit, and back workshop.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Well that sucked
Coming home from a Horse show in Southern California last night things were going great we had been on the road for 7,5 hours and were 35 minutes from dropping off the horse at the home barn. We were on 580 near Tracy when I hit some debris on the road in the dark. Thump wobble BAM Inside passenger side inner dually tire shredded and took the dually fender right off. Luckily its plastic and hung on by 1 bolt. I may be able to re use it as it was still in one piece. no sheet metal damage. just going to be a PITA to put it back together.
It was not fun in the cold and dark changing things out in just shorts and a heavy wool shirt by headlamp with semis roaring by at 70 just a few feet away. At least the flat was on the passenger side. I got it all done in about 50 minutes. Nice thing about my camper and the Ford is that I can drop the spare without doing anything to the camper.

Asleep by 11 at work by 4am really sucked though

Attachments

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well that sucked
Coming home from a Horse show in Southern California last night things were going great we had been on the road for 7,5 hours and were 35 minutes from dropping off the horse at the home barn. We were on 580 near Tracy when I hit some debris on the road in the dark. Thump wobble BAM Inside passenger side inner dually tire shredded and took the dually fender right off. Luckily its plastic and hung on by 1 bolt. I may be able to re use it as it was still in one piece. no sheet metal damage. just going to be a PITA to put it back together.
It was not fun in the cold and dark changing things out in just shorts and a heavy wool shirt by headlamp with semis roaring by at 70 just a few feet away. At least the flat was on the passenger side. I got it all done in about 50 minutes. Nice thing about my camper and the Ford is that I can drop the spare without doing anything to the camper.

Asleep by 11 at work by 4am really sucked though
Glad you got it done OK. AAA is worth it’s weight in gold for this sort of thing...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all.

Snow tomorrow so I spun in on my belt-drive commuter. A wee bit cold. I'll give my new Outbound light its first test on the ride back home.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Why aren't there video games like Road Rash or GTA for bike trainers instead of boring shit like Rouvy/Zwift. Seems like a money maker to me.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
So, the texture of the loaf is perfect, as is the crust...but it’s not ‘sour’ enough. Any tips?
different starter?
longer proof (fermentation), I do the quasi-no kneed overnight proof 12 hours in the fridge and then the usual regular proof 2 hours prior to baking.

Similarly, you could increase the amount of SD starter in your loaf.

My standard recipe is 3 cups whole wheat, 3 cups white, 3 cups sour dough, and 2.25 cups of water + salt but I usually err on the side of more sourdough.

After you've been feeding your sourdough for a while, you will notice clear "pot liquor" on the top in between feedings. This is caused by the yeast getting hungry and turning SD starches into alcohol.

I'm not a big fan of it and usually pour mine off but if you want your SD more sour, just stir it in before feeding.

#PS.TakeItToTheFoodMonkey...

Last edited: