Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

I'm waiting on a 280lb pallet from IL containing a 60/40 split back seat for my truck so we can transport the baby that could come any day now and the dogs at the same time.

And in my luck, it arrives on the only day this week I have to go into the office. And it's supposed to rain.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

After a string of working I do not work today. Going to drop off kid 3 at preschool and head to the foothills to ride.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Work.

Selling furniture to as we're moving Hannah onto Haley's old stuff. We're nearing the point that we're about ready to just give away some really a nice bed frame (3-1 crib convertibles) and matching dresser, just to get it out of the house. Because apparently people don't want expensive furniture, even for $100. Making me think that people are buying new stuff or just not buying shit at all. So either the bottom is still falling out or there is a sense of plenty of money and we are running towards a point of over extended credit again.

Finishing up bills this morning and came across a small postcard from the county about delinquent property taxes. Given these should be paid by the mtge company out of escrow I figured I should give it a look. Turns out they were due mid-June and never paid. House was 2 weeks from having property going to tax lien sale (Yay for historically (R) county doing things that are not to the benefit of individuals but really to businesses that buy and sell tax lien properties). The only notification I got was a small postcard that got lost in paperwork and looks like refinance junk mail (or more likely the other way around. After spending an hour on the phone this morning with the mtge company, it turns out the title company fucked up at closing and didn't have taxes prepaid or notify the mtge company that they were still due. So, I get to make a fun phone call to them later today to politely ask for reimbursement of the interest that I paid on the overdue taxes. Glad I have a couple thousand dollars available to just pay my property taxes out of pockets. Otherwise, if we were normal income level or didn't have $2k cash laying around, we'd be fucked.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Henri the Asshole is hanging around Southern New England and dropping shitloads of rain on us. Rain all day again today and into tonight. But, I still get my runs in, although they are soakers. I did 8 miles early this morning and will run more later today (because I've got two marathons in the next three months).

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Got a notification that Ikea will be delivering something to the house between 10:00 and noon. I have not bought anything from Ikea in a year, and there are no charges on any of my cards, so I guess I have a surprise waiting for me when I get home.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got a notification that Ikea will be delivering something to the house between 10:00 and noon. I have not bought anything from Ikea in a year, and there are no charges on any of my cards, so I guess I have a surprise waiting for me when I get home.
nothing like surprise assembly

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Yeah, more crappy hex keys FTW. :headbang:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
You know, I've never received a promotion. Have either not been at a job long enough, have changed industries,, or have been unimpressive/haven't played politics well enough. Always had decent performance reviews though. Maybe some day.
It took me a long time to get a second promotion. One I got for myself by changing jobs (glass ceiling at the old place), one I got on the job for doing a good job, and more recently I got one and then left. I've been kicked around by the biotech industry quite a bit, so I started kicking back.

Promotions are tricky. You have to be in your current position for around a year, well liked by your manager, and everyone else has to be less liked or less deserving. Why HR departments don't just allow people to be promoted who deserve to be promoted, and not tightly restrict how many promotions go out, is absolutely beyond me. The job market is too good to play games from the 1990s.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You know, I've never received a promotion. Have either not been at a job long enough, have changed industries,, or have been unimpressive/haven't played politics well enough. Always had decent performance reviews though. Maybe some day.
i've been at my current job longer than all my other positions combined. close to 9 years, on manager #5.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It took me a long time to get a second promotion. One I got for myself by changing jobs (glass ceiling at the old place), one I got on the job for doing a good job, and more recently I got one and then left. I've been kicked around by the biotech industry quite a bit, so I started kicking back.

Promotions are tricky. You have to be in your current position for around a year, well liked by your manager, and everyone else has to be less liked or less deserving. Why HR departments don't just allow people to be promoted who deserve to be promoted, and not tightly restrict how many promotions go out, is absolutely beyond me. The job market is too good to play games from the 1990s.
ours are merit/skills based, but you have to wait min 2 years between them. mine took so long because of the revolving doors of managers i've had (which is a red flag in and of itself), and many of my prior ones honestly just didn't have any fucking clue how to do it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Former coworker of mine just got a promotion. He got laid off a year ago, company is so desperate for people they hired him back with a raise/promotion after pretty much giving him a years paid vacation (via unemployement) .

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
somewhat related..... last week i was poking around my benefits portal and discovered where i could lookup my total compensation value, not just my base salary. :shocked:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Today is an N-1 day, wife's old DH bike just left so we're back to an even 6 bikes each.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
nice. that didn't take long at all.
Many PB, CL and FB eejits before someone who actually came to view and stumped up a wad of greenbacks.

Her headset came loose yesterday on the new DH bike :panic: :shakefist:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Goddamn deck is turning from a 30k project into a 40-50k project, mostly due to contractor ineptitude. But he’s my wife’s client, so we kinda have to just suck it up. So many bullshit mistakes. Was supposed to be done end of June, looking at end of September.
Grumble.
”buy a home”, SS said. “It’ll be fun”

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Goddamn deck is turning from a 30k project into a 40-50k project, mostly due to contractor ineptitude. But he’s my wife’s client, so we kinda have to just suck it up. So many bullshit mistakes. Was supposed to be drone end of June, looking at end of September.
Grumble.
///Deck

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Goddamn deck is turning from a 30k project into a 40-50k project, mostly due to contractor ineptitude. But he’s my wife’s client, so we kinda have to just suck it up. So many bullshit mistakes. Was supposed to be drone end of June, looking at end of September.
Grumble.

How big is your deck (new zealand accent)

I've always thought a deck was a truckload of lumber, a few cases of beer and a sunny weekend.

I've always enjoyed framing and since a deck contains no fucking drywall something I would happily do myself.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

I've always thought a deck was a truckload of lumber, a few cases of beer and a sunny weekend.

I've always enjoyed framing and since a deck contains no fucking drywall something I would happily do myself.
How about some concrete foundation?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

Sounds like you're coming to "Deck Party 2022" and this time we're actually going to rebuild the (existing) deck.
And of course we have a hot tub & a pool so you can swing however you'd like!