Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
No nut cancer for me. But I did get a new referral for a Dr that can diagnose adult ADD/ADHD. Every question about amount I workout and my diet kinda stumped them. Diet is medically restricted and abnormal. Workouts are non-traditional, in that for an office worker I spend 2 weekend days and afternoons doing heavy labor around my house. Also have a standing desk, so my sitting time is "not accurate".

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My meetings all cancelled today. Except one potentially angry person who sent us a check in January, but to the wrong address. And didn't check on it until now. Looking forward to this one.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
park service cancelled my stay at big creek baldy lookout next week...

waiting for monument peak to get the kybosh...

they should let you have the option of keeping the same reservation the following year if you like...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Evening. Hell week is this week. Away games with Varsity on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday and home game with modified Thursday. Also have college band rehearsal on Thursday and open house so I probably need to look into cloning myself. Alex (my youngest) advanced to a level 4 gymnast and Syd is still 8/9 and coaching so we are SO crazy busy in the fall. I did have to bring my bike to school so I could ride home after practice because the girls had gymnastics and Syd drove my car so atleast I get 6 miles in coming home.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Finally got an appt scheduled to see a Dr that can diagnose me as y/n ADD/ADHD. I mean, given how hard @Toshi laughed when I said I hadn't been, I'm thinking there's a good chance it's a positive diagnosis.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
== more addictive drugs?

Thanks, but no thanks.
You know the amt of drugs I'm on for life already? If I get off my epilepsy drugs for a day, or even a half day in some cases, I start having minor seizures (petit mal). If I'm off for 24hrs+, the likelihood of me having a full blown gran mal goes through the roof - it's almost 100%.

I'm near limit for my drugs. If I start having seizures again, even with my dosages, I only have 1-2 notches higher that I can go. After that, I have to start getting into the really heavy duty stuff that will negatively impact my life. I will become stupider and slower. I already function slower than I did before - I could never do my previous jobs now, I don't have the same mental capacity/threshold. Stress is my trigger. If ADD meds (if that's where it goes, assuming therapy doesn't work) are my only option to get some sort of focus, then I'll take them.

If you don't have ADD/ADHD (or high amounts of the symptoms), you don't know how hard it is to get shit accomplished. Planning forward is basically impossible. Finishing tasks after the challenging or interesting part is done is almost impossible. Doing something without a consequential impact forcing you is almost impossible.

Getting my CFP has taken me over 4 yrs. Not because it's so hard, because it's not. The topics and core info I use on a daily basis. It's because I lost interest in getting it a while back and sitting down to study is so fucking hard for me. I'll probably get a $30-40k raise once I get it, but it's still really hard to just sit down and focus on getting it done. I saw that some nails are backing out on the deck. They can wait for me to study today, then I can go pound them in. But no, I mees to hammer them all in first. Oh, and I need to take care of those wasp nests. And I found two bulbs are out for the light string under the deck, where we never go. And while in by the shed, I should probably just mow. But I have to clean up the dog poop first. And there are all these thistles that need to be pulled out by hand before I mow. And it's now 430pm and I need to take a shower before we leave for dinner. But I'll just read a quick article while I'm going to the bathroom. And now it's 5pm and I haven't even gotten into the shower. And by the time we get back from dinner and I get the girls cleaned up and ready for bed, it's 8pm and I'm too tired to study.

I call that Saturday. But Sunday could be really similar. That's ADD.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You know the amt of drugs I'm on for life already? If I get off my epilepsy drugs for a day, or even a half day in some cases, I start having minor seizures (petit mal). If I'm off for 24hrs+, the likelihood of me having a full blown gran mal goes through the roof - it's almost 100%.

I'm near limit for my drugs. If I start having seizures again, even with my dosages, I only have 1-2 notches higher that I can go. After that, I have to start getting into the really heavy duty stuff that will negatively impact my life. I will become stupider and slower. I already function slower than I did before - I could never do my previous jobs now, I don't have the same mental capacity/threshold. Stress is my trigger. If ADD meds (if that's where it goes, assuming therapy doesn't work) are my only option to get some sort of focus, then I'll take them.

If you don't have ADD/ADHD (or high amounts of the symptoms), you don't know how hard it is to get shit accomplished. Planning forward is basically impossible. Finishing tasks after the challenging or interesting part is done is almost impossible. Doing something without a consequential impact forcing you is almost impossible.

Getting my CFP has taken me over 4 yrs. Not because it's so hard, because it's not. The topics and core info I use on a daily basis. It's because I lost interest in getting it a while back and sitting down to study is so fucking hard for me. I'll probably get a $30-40k raise once I get it, but it's still really hard to just sit down and focus on getting it done. I saw that some nails are backing out on the deck. They can wait for me to study today, then I can go pound them in. But no, I mees to hammer them all in first. Oh, and I need to take care of those wasp nests. And I found two bulbs are out for the light string under the deck, where we never go. And while in by the shed, I should probably just mow. But I have to clean up the dog poop first. And there are all these thistles that need to be pulled out by hand before I mow. And it's now 430pm and I need to take a shower before we leave for dinner. But I'll just read a quick article while I'm going to the bathroom. And now it's 5pm and I haven't even gotten into the shower. And by the time we get back from dinner and I get the girls cleaned up and ready for bed, it's 8pm and I'm too tired to study.

don't mind sti. he's in the pharmaQutical conspiracy pool, and thinks every drug is basically oxycontin.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
You know the amt of drugs I'm on for life already? If I get off my epilepsy drugs for a day, or even a half day in some cases, I start having minor seizures (petit mal). If I'm off for 24hrs+, the likelihood of me having a full blown gran mal goes through the roof - it's almost 100%
I know this problem well. Been on an anti-convulsant since I was 21, probably will continue to be until I die. Combination of a few concussions from sports/skateboarding/dumbassery and genetics is what my Neuro tells me. I also will take synthroid for the rest of my life.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I know this problem well. Been on an anti-convulsant since I was 21, probably will continue to be until I die. Combination of a few concussions from sports/skateboarding/dumbassery and genetics is what my Neuro tells me. I also will take synthroid for the rest of my life.
yOu MuSt Be AdDiCtEd

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hi-five to the broken brain team. TBI for me too. DH is bad. Mkay...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

...this sounds familiar. Go off to do one thing and get 3 accomplished while completely forgetting what I was supposed to be doing.

Wife is always annoyed because she'll tell me something, and I'm listening/process it at that time, but then it zooms away, off into the abyss, cause my mind suddenly gets lost thinking about other things.

Quite distracting at work especially. The second something doesn't stimulate my brain, off it goes thinking about other things.

Last edited: