Quantcast

{{{ Monday GMT }}}

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Tired, confused, and a little annoyed.

Bit of a shitshow of a weekend, I've decided that San Diego has the worst food of any county in California. This is, I believe, the 7th time I've been there as an adult and I can't think of a single meal I've had that was genuinely good. We all got varying levels of food poisoning, the kiddo had a massive blow-out on the drive home, so bad infact that the best option was to just cut his clothes off to avoid smearing shit on the few patches of skin not covered in shit. You get some strange looks when you're at a gas station in Encino pumping Purrel onto a knife while telling a naked 3 year old it'll be okay. Threw the poopy clothes in a bag and tossed them into a dumpster, did not check said dumpster first and nearly hit the homeless lady who was in there looking for cans in the head with a shit-smeared pair of Garanimals jeans.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Well I guess it could have been worse. Came around a corner in the dark at 50 mph and a big deer came out of the bushes from my left. I swerved right, hit him with my mirror the slammed the curb . Flatted the right front tire and bent the rim. Wild ride in the dirt getting stopped. Beats totaling the van and getting a deer through the windshield though.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Well I guess it could have been worse. Came around a corner in the dark at 50 mph and a big deer came out of the bushes from my left. I swerved right, hit him with my mirror the slammed the curb . Flatted the right front tire and bent the rim. Wild ride in the dirt getting stopped. Beats totaling the van and getting a deer through the windshield though.
Dude, always hit the animal. We have weekly claims of way more significant bodily injury and vehicle damage from swerving to miss animals in the roadway. Statistics is not on you side on this one. Just last week someone swerved to miss a white tail, rolled truck and was pinned and had to be extracted.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
First post from the Bong Shed™ ! Still need to figure out if and what I need for cabinets, shelves, etc. but I got my new sit/stand desk built yesterday and moved my computer, monitor, and speakers in this morning. So far, digging it!

@canadmos

Have you thought about shortening the seat tube? Just take about a cm off the top with an angle grinder and you should be good to go! Seriously, shorter cranks would definitely work. We did that for Teh Spousal Unit™s bike because she is long-ish torso and short-ish legs so we sized up on the frame and then went with a shorter dropper and cranks for fit. Works like a champ, as a bonus we solved some knee pain issues she was having as well. That said, just getting a shorter dropper is probably the more "right" answer, even though I know you don't wanna.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Bravo Sir and welcome to club Bambi killer. Glad you will be able to attend meetings.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Dude, always hit the animal. We have weekly claims of way more significant bodily injury and vehicle damage from swerving to miss animals in the roadway. Statistics is not on you side on this one. Just last week someone swerved to miss a white tail, rolled truck and was pinned and had to be extracted.
Actually I didn't swerve I went straight vs continuing the left hand sweeper. From the curb I had over 100' of flat dirt to stop on. It was the better of the two options stopping straight vs continue to try and hold a turn after impact

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dollar Tree has their own fake Pringles and they are pretty bad. Used to get Lays Stax for $1.25, guess I gotta pay $1.45 at the WinCo because these are terrible.

PXL_20230313_182124306.jpg

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You wanna get fat? 'Cause that shit right there is how you get fat.

Now I'm gonna go get a donut.
I've been frugal making wraps for lunch but needed a side. I tried to order a case of Stax online and it said they were out of stock. I went in to see what's up and that's what happened. I should have only bought one tube but I figured "how bad can they be? Just get 4 for $5." I was wrong.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Sold bass 1 so I could buy bass 2. Turns out bass 2 is no longer available as the builder pulled it from production for reasons. Now I have bass 0… if you don’t count the other basses I have in the closet.