canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Le work.

Should be an ok day.

Coffee'ing it now.

Hello hello!

WFH day as my coworker is dealing with the teacher's strike. Will likely be a slow day. Almost done with the chiner, made some good progress yesterday.
Don't forget to submit your bike to sethimus' final approval thread or it'll be totally inridibru!!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
K1 State Championship confusion resolved. First in Denver Jr. League. First in Colorado State Jr. Championship. Off to Ontario, CA in April for the National (and maybe World) Championships. That is her first "real" big trophy, which very much made her day.

k1 state championship.jpg

We went outdoor karting immediately afterwards. Her kart is still at the shop waiting for a motor so she was able to borrow a friend's kart after we swapped seats. She was pulling her normal times, despite being in a kart that she'd never been in before and was set up a little too small. On the WTF??! for the day, she had to avoid getting run over by 4 police car - on the track. For some stupid reason they thought it would be a good idea to drive across a live track to get where they wanted to go. No lights, no sirens, nothing. She stopped because she saw us throw the red flag at the other end of the track and she was scared of getting run over. The track owner laid into them when they came back and with a still live track, they started to drive towards it again. She had to pull her quad in front of them until the last of the kids was off the track to keep them from driving on the track. At least one complaint has been submitted and I'll probably do it as well.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
On the WTF??! for the day, she had to avoid getting run over by 4 police car - on the track. For some stupid reason they thought it would be a good idea to drive across a live track to get where they wanted to go. No lights, no sirens, nothing. She stopped because she saw us throw the red flag at the other end of the track and she was scared of getting run over. The track owner laid into them when they came back and with a still live track, they started to drive towards it again. She had to pull her quad in front of them until the last of the kids was off the track to keep them from driving on the track. At least one complaint has been submitted and I'll probably do it as well.
yo if that were my kid i'd be in discussion with the track owners and a lawyer or 3

also, that was the days lesson in ACAB

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
K1 State Championship confusion resolved. First in Denver Jr. League. First in Colorado State Jr. Championship. Off to Ontario, CA in April for the National (and maybe World) Championships. That is her first "real" big trophy, which very much made her day.

View attachment 206944

We went outdoor karting immediately afterwards. Her kart is still at the shop waiting for a motor so she was able to borrow a friend's kart after we swapped seats. She was pulling her normal times, despite being in a kart that she'd never been in before and was set up a little too small. On the WTF??! for the day, she had to avoid getting run over by 4 police car - on the track. For some stupid reason they thought it would be a good idea to drive across a live track to get where they wanted to go. No lights, no sirens, nothing. She stopped because she saw us throw the red flag at the other end of the track and she was scared of getting run over. The track owner laid into them when they came back and with a still live track, they started to drive towards it again. She had to pull her quad in front of them until the last of the kids was off the track to keep them from driving on the track. At least one complaint has been submitted and I'll probably do it as well.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
yo if that were my kid i'd be in discussion with the track owners and a lawyer or 3

also, that was the days lesson in ACAB
The track owner said that the cop she was talking with "well, we're not regular people" when she asked them why they thought it was okay to drive across a live racetrack with little kids on it. Lisa is arguably the most 'thin blue line' type of person I've ever met and she was absolutely fucking livid.

A kid in Grand Junction died about 15yrs ago because a rescue vehicle pulled onto the track and she went under it. There is precedence for why it's so dangerous, let alone common sense. That straightaway in the kart Haley was borrowing is 55mph. If it had been one of the kids in a Mini or a KA? 65-75mph. That's fast enough for them to clear the hairpin, get up to speed, then realize that there's a car there all in 5sec - that's 100yds. With a braking distance of 100ft+ at that speed. The whole thing was a shit show.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The track owner said that the cop she was talking with "well, we're not regular people" when she asked them why they thought it was okay to drive across a live racetrack with little kids on it. Lisa is arguably the most 'thin blue line' type of person I've ever met and she was absolutely fucking livid.

A kid in Grand Junction died about 15yrs ago because a rescue vehicle pulled onto the track and she went under it. There is precedence for why it's so dangerous, let alone common sense. That straightaway in the kart Haley was borrowing is 55mph. If it had been one of the kids in a Mini or a KA? 65-75mph. That's fast enough for them to clear the hairpin, get up to speed, then realize that there's a car there all in 5sec - that's 100yds. With a braking distance of 100ft+ at that speed. The whole thing was a shit show.
talk. to. a. lawyer.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Time to start cutting plywood to finish my stair landings. It all came together nice and solid after compensating for all the necessary in-build adjustments.

Well, after work that is. Still gotta do this thing.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
also, did any of the parents capture it on video?
No. We were all really confused as to wtf was happening then once we realized it, then were immediately so busy yelling at them to stop and get off the track. I'm surprised they didn't shoot anybody - people were running onto the track at them yelling.

The thing is, nobody got hurt. All the kids were clear by 100' once they realized they were at risk, saw the flag, and stopped clear. I will be calling both the sheriff and PD to file complaints today.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The thing is, nobody got hurt. All the kids were clear by 100' once they realized they were at risk, saw the flag, and stopped clear. I will be calling both the sheriff and PD to file complaints today.
if you wanna go full karen and actually get something done, call the local news.

:popcorn:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
talk. to. a. lawyer.
with qualified immunity the recourse will be nil. welcome to the wonderful US of A

/me is WFH today. going to cargo bike kid 3 in to preschool in a bit, with her bundled up in her baby snowsuit and all

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys

Unseasonably warm, but the rain is supposed to be on the way for a week or some shit. No idea what the day holds yet, but Monday is almost all meetings anyway, so meh.