Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Awesome! How was it, what was your time?

Not sure I'll ever go for the big dog, but I could for once try the shorter distance with that race.
15:22 for the fifty.

I rode with my wife, mentally she needed to finish, I needed to back down so I wouldn't blow up early and quit.

Great race, mistakes were made, figuring I would finish before dark so I only had a Trek cube light might have been my worst mistake.

My wife finally understood why I put a dropper on her bike.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
inspector finally came today for our basement reno project. he had to approve insulation and framing. now the contractors can move on to venting, drywall, mudding, flooring and finishing. Hopefully not much more than a week.... this three week job is already in its 6th week...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
15:22 for the fifty.

I rode with my wife, mentally she needed to finish, I needed to back down so I wouldn't blow up early and quit.

Great race, mistakes were made, figuring I would finish before dark so I only had a Trek cube light might have been my worst mistake.

My wife finally understood why I put a dropper on her bike.
Big day.

All of my racing since 2014 has been with my wife riding together. Not like I'm going to win anything and it's put her on the top step for her category before with our pacing. First race without her was Park City 75 miler last month where she was injured and didn't come on the trip.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So my buddy got COVID at the end of July. Afterwards he had issues with taste and appetite and was loosing weight. His mom kept hassling him to see a doctor, but he got a clean checkup just before he got sick, so he kept saying he was fine.

Monday as he was leaving work, he told a coworker he was going to take a seat for a minute and his coworker said he was going to take him to the hospital. His boss came out and called an ambulance. He was almost in a diabetic coma and had no idea. Now they have found a tumor on his pituitary gland that has impacted his sight. They aren't sure if COVID had anything to do with the diabetes, but now he has that going for him. He's booked for surgery next week.

PSA, don't fuck around.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Morning (Tuesday morning here) Monkeys.
Feeling grumpy today, it's my weekend but checked my work emails, so I've just been denied a promotion, denied some personal development stuff, had a field trip canned, but given a payrise to make up for it.
Probably will still be a bit shitty about it when I go back to work on Thursday.

On the plus side, pay rise YAY! (a very rare thing these days in government service due to cost cutting)
And tonight I have the AGM of Parrotdog Brewery that I invested in a few years back..... Time for a pissup at a brewery!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Lol, this is my own idiocy, but this is funny. I am a relatively new contact user. Yesterday I came home from a ride with wifey, and chilled out for a minute. Usually when I get back from a dusty ride, I take the contacts out to rest my eyes and rinse them in their case.
Anyhoo, got up, put the contacts back in (so I thought) to take the dog for a short ride. Well, I couldn’t see shit. A hot local neighbor even said hi as I rode by, and I couldn’t recognize her.
Anyhoo, turns out I had two pairs in at the same time.
Yikes!
So strange!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Lol, this is my own idiocy, but this is funny. I am a relatively new contact user. Yesterday I came home from a ride with wifey, and chilled out for a minute. Usually when I get back from a dusty ride, I take the contacts out to rest my eyes and rinse them in their case.
Anyhoo, got up, put the contacts back in (so I thought) to take the dog for a short ride. Well, I couldn’t see shit. A hot local neighbor even said hi as I rode by, and I couldn’t recognize her.
Anyhoo, turns out I had two pairs in at the same time.
Yikes!
So strange!

You should probably serialize your butt plugs.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Stupid goddam storm got everybody making pee pee in their panties. It's not even a tropical storm yet. Don't buy a house on the beach, assholes. Rent one and when it gets fucking flattened you just go somewhere else.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Stupid goddam storm got everybody making pee pee in their panties. It's not even a tropical storm yet. Don't buy a house on the beach, assholes. Rent one and when it gets fucking flattened you just go somewhere else.

Make sure to buy a bunch of milk you will not be able to refrigerate.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oh I see you are familiar with the clown car adventures of hurricanes. Buy a bunch of meat too that you can't cook on the bbq because the power is out and it's RAINING FOR 4 DAYS.
The trick in that situation is freeze the meat first, then it will thaw as the days of power outages progress. Also keeps the milk cold.

:homer: