Quantcast

>>>> Monday GTM live from Amsterdam >>>>>>>

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
27.5 or 29?
front or rear? what kind of terrain? do you "do" season-specific tires? I'm asking because I think the Aggressor is a great rear tire. It's even ok in the wet, but I find it get clogged up with mud. I've been lead to understand there can be mud in NC. My preferred wet-season tire is the DHR2. Though the Magic Mary I have on the front of my bike looks like it would do a good job as a rear wet-season tire too. It just rolls slow as snot. And I haven't had good luck with Schwalbe sidewalls in the past. So scratch that. I say stick with DHR2. Maybe the Aquila would be a good tire?
All around tire, would be rear mounted, running a DHF on front, will take a gander at the Aquila

are you willing to get herp-derpy and run a minion SS?
Will consider this as well
Thoughts on Michelin tires?

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Tires are a personal thing, There was an aggressor on the back of the demo bike I rode last week. I hated it. Not only was I sliding around more that I am used to I flipping destroyed the thing on a little drop with no rocks or roots to be found. The landing was off camber and two of the side knobs practically ripped off and flatted. Might have been a shitty compound or casing but blech.

I am really liking my EThirteen TRS. Traction for days, durable and has a supple ride.
Interesting. As far as I know, they only make them in one compound, and two casings (EXO and DD). They are certainly not as grippy as a DHF/Butcher/G5/Aquila clone... But I don't think they're meant to be either. They are definitely a rear-specific tire in my mind, for someone that is willing to trade off rolling speed for outright grip. They also have that very pronounced channel effect when cornering, so to make the most of them, you really have to hammer them into a corner. But yeah, tires are certainly a personal thing, no doubt.

Tires are a personal thing, There was an aggressor on the back of the demo bike I rode last week. I hated it. Not only was I sliding around more that I am used to I flipping destroyed the thing on a little drop with no rocks or roots to be found. The landing was off camber and two of the side knobs practically ripped off and flatted. Might have been a shitty compound or casing but blech.

I am really liking my EThirteen TRS. Traction for days, durable and has a supple ride.
Excellent use of demo time.

I want to take a nap.
So take a nap, princess!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

I second the e13 TRS, I like it much better than any of the Maxxis or Specialized offerings I have time on. IMO it is a better front tire than the DHF. :clue:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
dammit @I Are Baboon now i want to take a nap

kids back in school (finally) today. trying to plow through some crap at work. have an offsite meeting at 3:30. still stoked from mtns ride yesterday. need to clean the grit out of the bike at some point.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:spartak:

Have you seen one in person on a wide-ish rim? They are quite meaty for a 2.3. I like it better than DHF 2.5 WT, it corners better and rolls faster.
:stupid:

I find it is much more predictable to corner with. Let's me know when I'm on the edge of traction and when it does breakaway I have never completely lost it. The DHF was more nebulous feeling in corners/on the edges and when it broke I would lose the front end.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
747SP is a cut down/shorter 747, so it already looks funny. I think most of them are gone now or got turned into private jets for the .001%, but Pratt has 2 (I think) for testing engines. This one has the growth sticking out from the old First Class cabin area, the other one they just R&R the #2 engine with what ever they are trying out. Somewhere I have a picture of that one too, with a noticeably larger #2.

it's a toomah!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'm thinking there are a few good long, straight on-ramps that have my name written all over them this evening.
my younger brother enjoys merging into traffic a lot more in his audi than he did the landcruiser.....needless to say his driving style was the same in both.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just got a promotion and 10.4% raise. Fuck yeah! I totally justified all of the money I just spent on my bike! And... the monthly savings is now going up by that amount.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:stupid:

I find it is much more predictable to corner with. Let's me know when I'm on the edge of traction and when it does breakaway I have never completely lost it. The DHF was more nebulous feeling in corners/on the edges and when it broke I would lose the front end.
My thumb breaking crash this weekend occurred when I washed out into some loose stuff. The tire was actually controllable enough that I was in the process of recovering, when I hit good dirt again I had too much steering angle and the tire got ripped off of the wheel. There was sufficient force to take out a few spokes in the process. I may have been better off with some shittier tires.