Quantcast

$$$ Monday GTM $$$

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Real estate agent finally put in an offer for the house we want to buy. She kept trying to get us to bid higher but I don't want to and cannot pay more. Would be super nice to have it secure so we have a place to call home when wife and kids arrive.

Had some really good bike rides this weekend. One was just cruising the streets of Copenhagen. I forget how liberal people are and ran into several nude bathers of the kind you don't mind running into. Also out ran some roadies on my borrow city bike on the way home from a ride out of town.

Flying to NYC Friday for the last hand over before I start the new job on June 15th. So still some slacker days left where I can bike ride and party. This whole move to Denmark has turned put pretty good.

Repack Rider

Monkey
Oct 8, 2007
Marin County, California
Driving the flatbed truck in the Mill Valley Memorial Day parade with the "Millbillies" performing on it.

In other news, off to UK in a few weeks along with longtime associate Joe Breeze to flog the book. One of our lecture stops is a place that a lot of websites won't allow me to name, Scunthorpe. It comes out as S****horpe. We're also making a stop in Clithroe but that seems to get through.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Driving the flatbed truck in the Mill Valley Memorial Day parade with the "Millbillies" performing on it.

In other news, off to UK in a few weeks along with longtime associate Joe Breeze to flog the book. One of our lecture stops is a place that a lot of websites won't allow me to name, Scunthorpe. It comes out as S****horpe. We're also making a stop in Clithroe but that seems to get through.
*Clitheroe.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Coffee then off to the barn to help the wife develop a freestyle routine. She did the choreography and music over the last few days and is going to ride it today. My job is to film it so that she can view the routine and tweak things for flow by slightly changing the music or patterns that she rides.

Dirt Ride this afternoon

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
4 straight nights of 10 hours of sleep. At some point I will be up all night because of this, but I'll just enjoy this ride while it lasts.

3 mile run in the rain this morning, and I am headed to the local swimming hole at noon for a swim. It is going to be cold and I am NOT looking forward to it. Gotta be done though....

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
4 straight nights of 10 hours of sleep. At some point I will be up all night because of this, but I'll just enjoy this ride while it lasts.

3 mile run in the rain this morning, and I am headed to the local swimming hole at noon for a swim. It is going to be cold and I am NOT looking forward to it. Gotta be done though....
Is there any reason why are you doing this? While I need 9h of sleep over 8 to feel good 10 usually kills me.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Is there any reason why are you doing this? While I need 9h of sleep over 8 to feel good 10 usually kills me.
No reason. That's just what I slept. In bed at 9:30 and up at 7:30. I've been training pretty hard the last few months for three half ironman races, so my body is probably soaking in all the rest and sleep.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...

Epic. And thanks... ;)

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Hello.

Another Monday.

Totally given up on trying to get the boy to school. So he is done, searching for a summer school or correspondence option now.

Summer has sprung and spent a good few hours in the pool over the weekend. Pool is 39' long, so lenghts are possible :) ...

Scored a free Giant Yukon on the weekend too, needs TLC and a tube, but Free is free so no complaining from this guy, itll be a little more durable than my old NRS pro series bike...circa 2003....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Someone posted this from a local forest. That aint snow... Wasn't planning on riding but might have to go check it out.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i saw some youngsters up to no good on the blue ridge parkway at mile marker 353....unloading bikes and such....are such shenanigans allowed?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
How were the shuttle runs?

Hopefully if your comment implies a crash, nothing too serious.
Nick fall down, go boom. He can elaborate, but a hard down about a mile in. Long hike-a-bike back up with Dennis and I taking turns with his bike (we weren't letting him partake in bike pushing). Thankfully only the last .25 miles in snow, everything else was pretty clear.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sorry to hear Nick, hopefully no broken bones or torn ligaments.

No real riding for me because of all day drizzle/rain, just occasional rides into the forest to test source of ungodly creaks. I eventually traced it down to a hub that I then rebuilt but it may need new bearings, we shall see.

I am really not in the mood to show up at work tomorrow.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
What is that? Tree sperm?
Cotton wood fluff

My morning is taking a turn for wtf did the wife do.... Seems she did a bunch if cleaning in preparation for friends coming over tonight rroe night, and she dumped her cleaning bucket in the toilet.... Forgetting her cleaning g rag was still in the bucket. The rag went through the toilet and stuck in the drain pipe...... What a suit storm this has been to clear.

That, and more work tonight

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
So who is making metric shocks now? (EX: You can go to their site and buy them now)
SRAM, PUSH, ______?

I was on Fox's site and their 2018 lineup has no mentions of anything metric sized, nothing from DVO yet, nor cane creek

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Nick fall down, go boom. He can elaborate, but a hard down about a mile in.
Trying to visualize where he crashed...still in the upper rocky section?
I was due. Nothing broken, lots of bruises and swole parts that shouldn't swole. Handlebar could be toast (stupid carbon) but aside from being sore, great morning! Thanks to stoney and his buddy.

@SkaredShtles : it was snowy to the first hard right, then it was $$$$$. I decided to grab a few pedal strokes and clipped a rock, sent me over. Landed on some big rocks on my chest. Not my finest moment.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I'm glad you're not too broken, Nick. Stoney's telling of not letting you push your bike back up sounded dire.