Quantcast

$$$ Monday GTM $$$

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I'm glad you're not too broken, Nick. Stoney's telling of not letting you push your bike back up sounded dire.
knocked my wind out, and right arm was/is fairly fckd. he was being kind. I just couldn't hold on for the rest of the trail so we scrapped it.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I was due. Nothing broken, lots of bruises and swole parts that shouldn't swole. Handlebar could be toast (stupid carbon) but aside from being sore, great morning! Thanks to stoney and his buddy.

@SkaredShtles : it was snowy to the first hard right, then it was $$$$$. I decided to grab a few pedal strokes and clipped a rock, sent me over. Landed on some big rocks on my chest. Not my finest moment.
Been there done that, hurts like shit. welcome to the club

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I was due. Nothing broken, lots of bruises and swole parts that shouldn't swole. Handlebar could be toast (stupid carbon) but aside from being sore, great morning! Thanks to stoney and his buddy.

@SkaredShtles : it was snowy to the first hard right, then it was $$$$$. I decided to grab a few pedal strokes and clipped a rock, sent me over. Landed on some big rocks on my chest. Not my finest moment.
Glad to hear you aren't too broken. It sounds like you could use a beer. Or six.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
heal up @Nick. i know your feels.

home at last, after a detour to the edisto serpentarium, aka snek zoo. then epic traffic through SC. unpacked, kids in bed, setting in with some beers to work on a grant for a few hours. looks like t-storms all week. hope to sneak in a fuckit friday in the mtns if all goes to plan.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@Nick heal up. Good to hear nothing too serious.

What is that? Tree sperm?
Sorry, I went looking for the forest jizz but only found remnants of it.

Tonights ride was an adventure. As soon as we hit dirt, the sky turned black as black can be and unleashed its fury. It might have lightning'd a few times. But the sun came through the clouds at one point and rained down this golden shower of light.

I know it ruins bikes, but god damn riding in the rain and sliding over roots is such a blast.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
i saw some youngsters up to no good on the blue ridge parkway at mile marker 353....unloading bikes and such....are such shenanigans allowed?
Is that near Mitchell ? If so, then they could be shuttling heartbreaker which is ok since it uses a dirt access road just below the park entrance. Technically you are not allowed to ride trails within X no. of feet from the BRP. They could also be hitting Snook's Nose which is definitely poaching.

If they were poaching they were doing it wrong.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I had forgotten how hard Letchworth trails were. Halfway I was out of water and food. I totally bottlerocketed and turned into a whining bitch.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Is that near Mitchell ? If so, then they could be shuttling heartbreaker which is ok since it uses a dirt access road just below the park entrance. Technically you are not allowed to ride trails within X no. of feet from the BRP. They could also be hitting Snook's Nose which is definitely poaching.

yeah, probably people shuttling heartbreak in that vicinity.

a little further to the north, i won't say that i haven't frequently poached ridden beacon heights down to yancey . . . but i won't say that i have, either :D

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Epic Local pass procured.

:half-monocle:

Full monocle would have been the full Epic pass, but I don't think the 10 day restriction on Vail and other high value resorts will limit me and my job-having lifestyle.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

kind of in the area....although i did not see a dirt road anywhere....i just waved and drove on by...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
No reason. That's just what I slept. In bed at 9:30 and up at 7:30. I've been training pretty hard the last few months for three half ironman races, so my body is probably soaking in all the rest and sleep.
Ok. That kinda explains it. I tend to sleep a ton when I visit morzine.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
knocked my wind out, and right arm was/is fairly fckd. he was being kind. I just couldn't hold on for the rest of the trail so we scrapped it.
I those those pedal clipping otb are the worst. you're going fast, you want to go faster, stamp on the pedals, and there's something about body position and weight transfer that makes you super vulnerable... then boom! you're on the ground, in a lot of pain, can't breathe, and wondering wtf just happened. Happened to me a few years ago, and I bruised my ribs and wrecked my elbow.

heal up fast....

Repack Rider

Monkey
Oct 8, 2007
Marin County, California
So I drove the flatbed in the Memorial Day parade with the bluegrass band performing. Stopped in front of the reviewing stand, where the announcer, clad in a sequined tuxedo and top hat announced the band.

I have known that guy for forty years, starting when he was dealing drugs in the '70s. He cashed out, went legit, and is now a mainstay of Mill Valley municipal society. so I said hi.

He looks at me, realizes who I am, and than announces to the crowd, "Ladies and gentlemen, the truck carrying the Millbillies is being driven my none other than mountain bike legend [Repack Rider]." I got a big round of applause in my home town.